Photo

Widescreen BGT - Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on a widescreen. When I launch BGT the sides of the screen are blanked out, possibly to do with the screen resolution. Is there anything I can do about this, and would it work for Icewind Dale too?
Brown Bear- attacks Squirrel
Brown Bear did 18 damage to Squirrel
Squirrel- death

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on a widescreen. When I launch BGT the sides of the screen are blanked out, possibly to do with the screen resolution. Is there anything I can do about this, and would it work for Icewind Dale too?

The Widescreen mod works on Icewind Dale yes... it just requires a few things, like the last patch that's also the Tales of the Luremaster.
You need to install the BGT before you install the Widescreen mod. Cause the cause of your problem is that you installed the Widescreen mod before the BGT, or so I would assume, as there's been plenty of these kinds of problems, with always the same reason, the wrong install order.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Following your advice I've installed the GUI before before the widescreen mod, but when I select New Game (but not new BG2 game)it crashes. When I select ToB it goes to a screen with the title Tales Of The Sword Coast. When I click new game, it crashes. Whenever it crashes Windows tell me that it has "Stopped Working".

This is what I have installed (in this order)
BGT 1.11
BGTTweak v9
BTBGT v3.1
BGothII v1
BGEP B2
shs soundsets v2
w_gui-v0.5
BLCR
TWM GUI beta0.99

Is there a way I can get the above mods to work together?

P.S I checked the Baldur.err but it was completely empty (size: 0 bytes)

Edited by ape_style, 27 April 2011 - 01:15 AM.

Squirrel- death

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

BTBGT v3.1
BGEP B2
BLCR
TWM GUI beta0.99

Is there a way I can get the above mods to work together?

Erhm, what are these mods? Links please...
The latest Widescreen mod is version 3.05...
I might assume that the TWM GUI might be the BG1 mod, but it's not compatible with BG2, as the first sentence in the page starts with "Mod for BG1 which changes the..."
The others I don't know...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 April 2011 - 01:54 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

Both BTBGT v3.1 and BGEP are Baldur's Goth related things.
BTBGT v3.1 is ~ Baldur's Goth for TuTu/BGT - v3.1 ~ do NOT include this one as it is goth content for mod NPCs which I don't have

BGEP is Baldur's Goth - The Baldur's Goth Expansion Pack - BETA 2 http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=481

BLCR is a level cap for BG1 in BGT - My lhttp://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=891ink

TWM GUI beta0.99 is a widescreen mod that I got from this website: http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3257 which I got to by following a link "One is or BG1" on [url="http://www.shsforums...62[/url

I used the TWM GUI beta0.99 because it was the one I found; any widescreen mod would do.
Squirrel- death

#6 ape_style

ape_style
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

Upon rereading you second post, I uninstalled the TWM GUi beta0.99 smd installed the widescreen mod you linked me too. The crashes have stopped and the game runs in widescreen.
Thank you.

Edited by ape_style, 27 April 2011 - 02:23 AM.

Squirrel- death