Not working at 1024*768 ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Peniblec-

-Peniblec-

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

I'm trying to get a full install for my 4-CD version of Torment on an old computer of mine, which runs at 1024*768. I've downloaded the latest versions of The Biggs' widescreen mod (3.05) and Ghostdog's UI mod (2.1 uploaded on 01/18/10), unfortunately when I install the latter it doesn't seem to work completely.

The title, character creation, and journal screens are centered, but the background is black (no artwork). Also, the Inventory and other menus are not centered. Can you guys think of any reason for this? The computer's really old, but that shouldn't interfere with Ghostdog's fixes, right?

Now while waiting for your thoughts on this issue, I can still install the rest of the mods in Johnny Walker's list, right? If I uninstall both Ghostdog's and The Biggs' mods (in that order), then install the rest of the gameplay/quest fixes, I should be able to enjoy a complete Torment game, only low-res? (well, 1024*768 ain't exactly hi-res anyway...)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

I'm trying to get a full install for my 4-CD version of Torment on an old computer of mine, which runs at 1024*768. I've downloaded the latest versions of The Biggs' widescreen mod (3.05) and Ghostdog's UI mod (2.1 uploaded on 01/18/10), unfortunately when I install the latter it doesn't seem to work completely.

The title, character creation, and journal screens are centered, but the background is black (no artwork). Also, the Inventory and other menus are not centered. Can you guys think of any reason for this? The computer's really old, but that shouldn't interfere with Ghostdog's fixes, right?

Now while waiting for your thoughts on this issue, I can still install the rest of the mods in Johnny Walker's list, right? If I uninstall both Ghostdog's and The Biggs' mods (in that order), then install the rest of the gameplay/quest fixes, I should be able to enjoy a complete Torment game, only low-res? (well, 1024*768 ain't exactly hi-res anyway...)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

A screenshot could help.
Anyway, There are different interfaces, depending on the reolutions; some have more decoration, others only center things (I think that could be your case)

I'm pretty sure you can still install all other mods without the widescreen and GUI

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 -Peniblec-

-Peniblec-

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

Just took a look at the screenshots thread and realized that apparently it's normal if I get a black background with 1024*768. My bad :/ I had already tried the mod at a higher resolution and it just didn't occur to me that the "enhanced" interface could be absent at 1024...

I've checked again to see whether anything didn't actually behave as it was supposed to, and I do have some weird object on the right side of the inventory/any menu that doesn't hide the gamemplay area/ screen.

Other than that, everything works fine. I just took for granted that the enhanced interface would be installed with 1024*768. Is there actually a reason for this? From where I'm standing it looks like it's just a matter of displaying some artwork in the background, so how come it's not implemented for 1024?

#4 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

That panel on the right is supposed to be there. It's there in order to prevent a certain tooltip flickering problem, don't worry.

Resolutions smaller than 1280x720 use a more basic UI due to smaller screen size. Have a look at the pinned screenshots thread to get the whole idea.