ME3 Collector's Edition Announced

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

BioWare has announced the ME3 Collector's Edition [ 1 ] [ 2 ]. The full name of the package is Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition, and it's available as a pre-order item at participating retailers for 79.99USD. European players should expect a higher price tag. Also note the inclusion of a robotic dog. DA II Signature Edition anyone? Cue Mabari bark. For digital stores there is the ME3 PC Digital Deluxe Edition.

• The Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition offers exclusive content for Mass Effect 3.
  • The Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition includes the following bonuses:
  • A 70 page hardcover art book with illustrations from the Development Team
  • A unique Mass Effect Comic by Dark Horse Comics with unique Cover Art
  • A premium N7 fabric patch
  • Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.

• A number of Free Downloadable Content Packs:
    • N7 Arsenal Pack: Contains the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
    • A Robotic Dog: A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
    • Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack: New outfits for Ashley, Kaidan, James Vega, and Liara T'Soni.
    • N7 Hoodie: Outfit item for Shepard while onboard the Normandy.
    • An additional downloadable mission and character.
    • Free digital soundtrack.
    • Xbox 360 Only: An Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar.
  • Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.
  • All of that is contained in a premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of both male and female versions of Commander Shepard.

ME3_N7_CE_contents.png

#2 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

[*]N7 Hoodie: Outfit item for Shepard while onboard the Normandy.

I dont want the hoodie for shepard, I want it for me. :crying:

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

[*]N7 Hoodie: Outfit item for Shepard while onboard the Normandy.

I dont want the hoodie for shepard, I want it for me. :crying:

I've actually got one... it looks like this. I wore it at work last year when it was still chilly. ;)

#4 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

I've actually got one... it looks like this. I wore it at work last year when it was still chilly. ;)

I've tried to get one in the past but seems to be out of stock when i have the money. :rolleyes:

I hope that box fits on my shelf.

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

Oh, I am sooooo getting this. *drool* The art book, lithograph, and soundtrack alone make it worth it (even though Jack Wall's no longer working on the Mass Effect music... :crying: ).

About the hoodie, I ended up getting it too, and it's really warm, nice and toasty. Worth every penny so far. :lol:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#6 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

I am more interested in the fact Ashley, Kaiden and Liara will be back as squadmates. Excellent news! (I can only hope about Garrus...)

#7 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

I am more interested in the fact Ashley, Kaiden and Liara will be back as squadmates. Excellent news! (I can only hope about Garrus...)

I am pretty sure during E3 In one of the ME3 Demo's I saw...Garrus was involved in combat...I could be wrong but I dont think I am heh...My question is...Where the heck is Miranda?! I cheated on Ashely for her...if she does not have a decent role in ME3 I am going to be quite pissed haha! :angry:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

Garrus and Tali have both been announced as permanent party members. I can't recall if they've announced specifically, but they also announced that they're scaling down the party size and reinstating Cerberus as an enemy, so the odds of of Miranda being a party member are pretty low.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#9 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:45 AM

But didn't they also state that all the LI's would be back and joinable? Or maybe that was my imagination talking...

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

I did spread that rumor (IIRC), before they announced they'd scale down the party size.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Oh, I am sooooo getting this. *drool* The art book, lithograph, and soundtrack alone make it worth it (even though Jack Wall's no longer working on the Mass Effect music... :crying: ).

I'm still waiting for a wider range of stores to add this edition, because the pre-order prices are ridiculously high for Europeans at the moment. As noted before, the NA price is 79.99 USD, but in Europe the pre-order prices are in the range of 108 to 130 USD.

#12 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Garrus and Tali have both been announced as permanent party members. I can't recall if they've announced specifically, but they also announced that they're scaling down the party size and reinstating Cerberus as an enemy, so the odds of of Miranda being a party member are pretty low.

Low, but not zero either. At the end of Mass Effect 2, Miranda can tell the Illusive Man that she "quits", in a sort, so she could end up sticking with Shepard. Wait and see, I guess. (Although I wouldn't be sorry to see her gone)

I'm still waiting for a wider range of stores to add this edition, because the pre-order prices are ridiculously high for Europeans at the moment. As noted before, the NA price is 79.99 USD, but in Europe the pre-order prices are in the range of 108 to 130 USD.

Well, I'm still waiting for Amazon to carry it... Here's hoping it's widely available! Gamestation.co.uk seemed to carry it, though, at 59£...

Edited by Eleima, 17 June 2011 - 08:27 AM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for Amazon to carry it... Here's hoping it's widely available! Gamestation.co.uk seemed to carry it, though, at 69£...

That one would come to 111.70 USD. They're asking 89.95? (128.90 USD) for the PC CE here in Finland though, so the UK prices are a bit more reasonable, but not a lot.

#14 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for Amazon to carry it... Here's hoping it's widely available! Gamestation.co.uk seemed to carry it, though, at 69£...

That one would come to 111.70 USD. They're asking 89.95? (128.90 USD) for the PC CE here in Finland though, so the UK prices are a bit more reasonable, but not a lot.

I was just about to correct that typo, it's 59£, not 69£ which is about 66? or 95$. So still a better deal than what you're getting in Finland (barring any obscene shipping costs).

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

That one would come to 111.70 USD. They're asking 89.95€ (128.90 USD) for the PC CE here in Finland though, so the UK prices are a bit more reasonable, but not a lot.

I was just about to correct that typo, it's 59£, not 69£ which is about 66€ or 95$. So still a better deal than what you're getting in Finland (barring any obscene shipping costs).

Ah, I hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. I had checked the Game.co.uk price (same company) and it's 69.99£ there. A bit odd, but it opens some options now. I'm still thinking about it though, although I realize that the prices probably won't go much lower.

Edit: I did purchase my copy of FO:NV Collector's Edition from Gamestation, and it turns out that the shipping costs were only 2.95£.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 17 June 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#16 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Not to harp or anything but sometimes I am glad I am in USA so I do not have to deal with the BS you guys from Europe have too...quite lame indeed it is. But man I wonder what they will do will the other romance options like Jack or Jacob...I reckon those 2 are the least popular romance wise in ME2...

Personally I could care less if we do not see either one in a big or medium role...The wiki does not give much info besides "If blah blah survived ME2 they will return" for such npcs as Miranda or Jack...

Edited by Vicen, 17 June 2011 - 10:44 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Speaking of USA, it's funny how Canadians have had more trouble getting their hands on several of BioWare's Collector's Editions than you Americans. BioWare is a Canadian developer after all... but I guess that the publishers always target the biggest markets first.

#18 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

Speaking of USA, it's funny how Canadians have had more trouble getting their hands on several of BioWare's Collector's Editions than you Americans. BioWare is a Canadian developer after all... but I guess that the publishers always target the biggest markets first.

Indeed...Too be fair however they have a decently sized office in Austin, Texas though. Even though they may Canadian based it seems most of their goodies gets grabbed up by USA. But yeah if I lived in Canada id be rightly angry as well. I heard that Canadians do not even get beta invites for that upcoming Star Wars MMO Bioware is doing...much less anything else I imagine as well... :whistling:

Edited by Vicen, 20 June 2011 - 12:15 AM.

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Mass Effect 3 will be at San Diego Comic Con.

#20 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:28 AM

Shouldn't that be in the ME3 news thread? Just wondering...

About the CE, I can find it on GameStation.co.uk, but still nada on Amazon.co.uk. Which is really frustrating, because I keep trying to order it from Gamestation, but it stubbornly asks for me to pick a delivery option, bur provides none to choose from whatsoever... :doh: Even though it'll detail all the different delivery option in a cute little pop-up. *sigh* Anyone have any bright ideas on where to pre-order when you're in Europe (because no, I'm not gonna pre-order from Amazon.com, there's like 25$ shipping & handling, it's just obscene)?

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif