ME3 Collector's Edition Announced

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

Shouldn't that be in the ME3 news thread? Just wondering...

Yeah, I misposted it, but I didn't think it warranted further posts. They'll probably showcase the CE box there as well, so it's loosely connected somewhere in there... ;)

About the CE, I can find it on GameStation.co.uk, but still nada on Amazon.co.uk. Which is really frustrating, because I keep trying to order it from Gamestation, but it stubbornly asks for me to pick a delivery option, bur provides none to choose from whatsoever... :doh: Even though it'll detail all the different delivery option in a cute little pop-up. *sigh* Anyone have any bright ideas on where to pre-order when you're in Europe (because no, I'm not gonna pre-order from Amazon.com, there's like 25$ shipping & handling, it's just obscene)?

I've had the same problem with Gamestation. I figured I'd place a pre-order there just in case, but it has proven to be a no go. I'm currently in talks with their support staff via email, so if you'd like I can send you a PM when/if I get it sorted out with them.

#22 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, I misposted it, but I didn't think it warranted further posts. They'll probably showcase the CE box there as well, so it's loosely connected somewhere in there... ;)

Hehe, I'm just nitpicking. But as you can notice, some people pay attention. :rolleyes:

I've had the same problem with Gamestation. I figured I'd place a pre-order there just in case, but it has proven to be a no go. I'm currently in talks with their support staff via email, so if you'd like I can send you a PM when/if I get it sorted out with them.

Glad it's not just me! I'd be much obliged if you dropped me a line if you manage to get some sort of resolution to this issue, thanks! :lol: Especially since it's the only place where I could find the CE... :unsure:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Well, I placed my pre-order with a Finnish retailer some time ago. The price was 71.90 EUR (96.08 USD) with shipping - they better not skimp on quality. The N7 Collector's Edition can now also be found at ME Wiki.

#24 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Official details and video.

#25 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

I saw the FemShep trailer, caved and got myself the ME3 CE off of Game.co.uk. It's a little pricier than I'd like, but heck, I haven't bought any game since Skyrim and have no plans to buy any other game in the months to come. Besides, it's loaded with cool goodies.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Heh, don't worry, it'll be good. (I'm fairly certain!)

I convinced one guy in my class to try out ME, although he hadn't played the series before - after finishing ME2 he pre-ordered the ME3 CE as well. Should I apply for a marketing position at EA? :P

#27 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

Perhaps not, but you should at least ask for a percentage!! ;)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#28 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Probably won't bother with the demo, but I did preorder the CE a few months back. I actually didn't think about it too much when the game was still months away, but now I'm counting down the days. I don't remember the last time I anticipated a game this much!
(I like parentheses.)

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Perhaps not, but you should at least ask for a percentage!! ;)

John Riccitiello said no... :P

#30 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I just received an e-mail from Game.co.uk telling me that they would not be able to provide me with a copy of the CE of ME3 which I had preordered. Less than a week away from launch, I am disappointed. :(

Update: It seems to be available now on Amazon.co.uk if anyone's interested. Hope I don't have any issues with that one!

Edited by Eleima, 29 February 2012 - 08:41 AM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#31 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you Eleima. Didn't Game also have the CE exclusively for the UK?(Or was it just some exclusive DLC items with the CE?)
I've noticed on the BioWare social forums for at least a month now people mentioning cancellations of preorders from Game Uk, particularly preorders done online. Going by BSN today, there seems to be a sudden and significant increase in reports of these cancellations, also a lot of speculation that Game.co.uk are in financial trouble.

Edited by KIrving, 29 February 2012 - 01:28 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#32 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

GAME will not be stacking any of publisher Electronic Arts's March games @ Kotaku
UK: Where To Buy The Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector’s Edition @ Nowgamer

Posted Image

Edited by Darziak, 01 March 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#33 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Indeed, Game/Gamestation (same company) had exclusive rights to selling the CE in the UK. All that seems to have changed, however, and the CE is now avaliable on Amazon.co.uk, so it's all good. But yes, from what I gathered, there seems to have been a significant increase in complaints on the web.
Had to jump through a few hoops, though (and have it shipped to my parents' house), since they wouldn't ship to my little island out in the Indian Ocean (hey, *technically*, it's still Europe, for crying out loud! :whistling: ).
So I'll have to wait until my parents bring it to me in May, which kinda sucks, but hey, I've got enough to keep me busy until then.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm sorry to hear that GAME fumbled it, hopefully Amazon will be more reliable.

On a related note, I still got that same email from GAME despite the fact that Gamestation.co.uk didn't let me pre-order from them because of my non-UK address. I later ended up pre-ordering from a Finnish retailer, but it looks like GAME took my original order anyway. They probably would have shipped it without this incident, leaving me with two copies of Mass Effect 3 CE and wasted money... not giving me any confirmation about my order being accepted has to be illegal.

I won't order anything from GAME from now on, even the customer service was almost nonexistent. Thankfully my Finnish retailer hasn't run into any trouble regarding the CE.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 29 February 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#35 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well, my copy is in the mail - here's to hoping it arrives by Friday afternoon. :cheers: