The Orb

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Caroline-

-Caroline-

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

I'm in the Dwarf Lord's Tomb (looking for the Orb of Breaca for Angharad) and had a long conversation with him, at the end of which I asked for the orb and he refused to give it to me, then fought me when I tried to speak with him a second time. Is there a way to resolve this peacefully (such as coming back with a higher reputation, since he mentioned that he didn't trust "one of my reputation" with the orb)? Or is the only way to get the Orb to fight him?

Awesome mod in general - the dialogue and quests are really enjoyable!

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

High reputation is one way to get the Orb without a fight, but if you've sat through Meilir's story and had to ask for the Orb then I think one of two things happened:-

1. you might be missing a variable
2. you asked for the Orb just before he was ready to give it to you.

I'd like to eliminate (1) just in case it's a bug, so would it be possible to attach a savegame from anytime after you enter any of the caves on the hunt for the Orb?

I'm pleased you're enjoying the mod. Meilir's story almost wrote itself and is one of my favourite sidequests.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 16 June 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#3 -Caroline-

-Caroline-

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

I think I found the problem - I played through the sequence again, but this time, when he got to the part where he was talking about how the dragon the bard led him to killed most of his party, I clicked the option to ask, "How did you die, and what about the treasure?" instead of the "What of the bard?" option. The latter option (played it through another time to make sure) resulted in him not giving me the orb, while the former resulted in what I assume was the correct dialogue.

I'm not sure how to go about attaching a savegame (I have one just before I'm about to speak to him); do I have to register to attach files?

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Well, I'm scratching my head on this one. Both of those selections lead to the same path; if you've been offered the Orb instead of having to fight for it then the variable I was worried about appears to have been set correctly. There are two dialog branches that offer you the Orb; for my peace of mind, can you remember (or paraphrase) what Meilir said when he gave you it?

Yes, you do need to register to attach files to posts, but in this case I don't think I need that savegame. Not yet, anyway.

-Y-

#5 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Im down in the cave looking for the orb, where is the one to speak to?? Have found 3 chambers, one with a chest and 2 with graves/monuments.

/Z

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wrong cave :). When you enter the small cave from the river, you need to go straight ahead to open up a new area, not turn left into the dwarf maze.

-Y-