Transition BG --> SoA stuck

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thorleifclover

thorleifclover
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

BWS set up not tactical but "standard" 9.91 I think

Stuck transition from BG to SoA: Entered the duchal palace. Told guy to tp me to Athkatla. Area transitions and bottom left corner of screen exposes showing some woods but no chars. No UI is displayed either

Party is: Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Ajantis, Charname

Attached Files

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

I think the BP guys need to either fix this issue or leave out BGT-NeJ
http://www.shsforums...ansition-stuck/

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 thorleifclover

thorleifclover
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Cerest tried a fix editing the aram00.bcs but didnt seem to work. Screen went black. Here is log and copies of aram00

Any help is much obliged, but worst case is to reinstall with no NEJ I think?

Attached Files

#4 -Talomyr-

-Talomyr-

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

How funny that I just finished baldur's gate 1 and ended up in that problem between yesterday and today too. All the other stuff I read on that was quite old (2 years) and described a different problem than what I'm seeing. This is exactly what I'm seeing: corner of woods + a lot of black.

I tried clua-ing myself to AR0604 or what ever irenicus dungeon was and it almost worked, except I'm spawned in the wrong place (near the djin) so imoen can't reach me so I'm stuck in a different 'movie'. - Thanks for the link, Ascension64, and your work on the project. The old topic I read was also solved by you :D

#5 -Talomyr-

-Talomyr-

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Me again (guess I'll have to sign up so I can edit my own posts :D instead of multi-posting) -- I tried what you recommended in the linked thread.

I downloaded Near Infinity, opened up the file mentioned (ARAM00.BCS) and cut out everything above this block:

IF
OnCreation()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
FadeToColor([0.0],0)
DayNight(MIDNIGHT)
EraseJournalEntry [ many lines of entries...]
SmallWait(1)
EndCutSceneMode()
SetCursorState(TRUE)
Continue()
END

Then I saved it, started the game, and tried the cutscene again with no improvement or noticable difference.

To make sure I'm cutting the right stuff, here's what I cut out:
Spoiler

What confused me as well is that there is very similar code right after the block up to which I cut. - I'm new to Near Infinity/modding, but I think I learn quick.

Any help/clearification greatly appreciated! :-)

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

Looks like you have done it right. How long do you wait for something to happen?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 -Talomyr-

-Talomyr-

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Looks like you have done it right. How long do you wait for something to happen?

Good point. Not very long, I'll try again.

#8 -Talomyr-

-Talomyr-

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Good point. Not very long, I'll try again.

I did it again, and nothing happened. - Which part of the code is causing the trouble? 'cause like I said there's still lots of ('if own item X set global to I have x' stuff and lots of if party member x is there or dead or what ever, then make them leave etc) right after the section up to which I cut stuff out. - I don't have any special items on the party other than golden pantalons anyways. Everything else is stored away in a box in Beregost, so I can clua there and go get stuff, if I really feel I need it when I reach the point where I would normally get it.

Any idea how to just skip the transition completely? e.g. replace all the code with "move party to arxxxxx irenicus prison? -- Is there a way I can tell CLUA the x and y coordinates to teleport myself right into the cage in the prison? My problem with teleporting there was that I always start at the wrong place, so Imoen can't reach me...

#9 -Talomyr-

-Talomyr-

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Found the problem: I didn't compile. I just changed the script source, not the script itself/the code. -- Now it does work.

#10 -thorleifclover-

-thorleifclover-

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Found the problem: I didn't compile. I just changed the script source, not the script itself/the code. -- Now it does work.

Ahhh...I think I did the same mistake not compiling....

I ended up to do a reinstall sans NEJ, I miss the charming rogue though

#11 Vreejack

Vreejack
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

I just ran into the same problem a few minutes ago. Finishes BG1, teleported to the corner of a wood, cutscene is hanging. I see five (not six?) characters standing on top of their own gear. I will try the thing listed above, I guess.