• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#141 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi... I'm interesting in Arpist Kit but is is poland? :crying:

And I see in Tp2 there are lines not trayfied

What do you mean? The translation for both kits is included and all lines should be traified. If you could tell me what's left untranslated?

#142 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

If you see in Tp2 at @67 lines are in polish and are twice I think this is the problem...

#143 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

If you see in Tp2 at @67 lines are in polish and are twice I think this is the problem...

Oh. So I'm asking more experienced modders to help me fix it. Traifying the mod has turned out to be my Achilles' heel. And I don't want to screw it further...

#144 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

What's up Zireael.. Smiling Imp here. Just wanted to know if you would be interested in colloborating in some crossbanter stuff with Khalid in the future. Honestly, I have never done this kind of stuff before so I would have to learn how, and I would have to check my GLOBALS for any dialogs that I may have written that mention him as being deceased, but I think it would be cool as hell to have him bantering with his old chums from BG1.

http://www.shsforums...1-npcs-for-soa/

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#145 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

What's up Zireael.. Smiling Imp here. Just wanted to know if you would be interested in colloborating in some crossbanter stuff with Khalid in the future. Honestly, I have never done this kind of stuff before so I would have to learn how, and I would have to check my GLOBALS for any dialogs that I may have written that mention him as being deceased, but I think it would be cool as hell to have him bantering with his old chums from BG1.

http://www.shsforums...1-npcs-for-soa/

I would be very interested in crossbanter for Khalid.
I have contemplated making a Safana and a Dynaheir mod, but then I ran out of time and you started your project, so I'm not likely to do them...

#146 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Oh. So I'm asking more experienced modders to help me fix it. Traifying the mod has turned out to be my Achilles' heel. And I don't want to screw it further...

It would be great to fix the traify of your mod, Thebigg made a tool to traify automtically a mod: traify tool.
We're also interested to translate it (in french), even if it will not be for tomorrow.

#147 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

I would be very interested in crossbanter for Khalid.
I have contemplated making a Safana and a Dynaheir mod, but then I ran out of time and you started your project, so I'm not likely to do them...

Hey, don't stop your projects on my account. The new version of BG1NPCsSoA checks for other mods that add characters from BG1, so that you can mix and match with some of the other stuff that people have done out there without causing compatiblity problems. So someone could play Jastey's Ajantis, Domi's Kivan, Blood Raven's Alora, Lava's Quayle, Kulyok's Tiax and even K'aeloree's new Yeslick, and still enjoy the rest of the mod. It even checks for mods in Polish and German. Adding a few checks for a new Safana would be no big deal. I considered adding a version of Dynaheir as well, but decided against it b/c I did not want to alter Aerie and Minsc's realtionship, plus all the GLOBAL variance I would have to look up to skip all that would be a headache. However, judging from all the hardwork you have put into Khalid, I think you could probably pull it off.

Anyways, it look like you are busy trying to TRA-ify your mod right now (a pain I know, that I could not figure out), and we just got some good sun here in LA so I'm busy skateboarding on Venice Beach. Still, this has been on my mind for a while and thought I would throw it out there for future consideration. I have never collaborated with another modder before, but I think this would be a good opportunity for us to create something cool for the modding world while adding depth to our own projects.

Edited by Smiling Imp, 04 February 2012 - 06:04 AM.

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#148 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

I removed the offensive lines from Khalid.tp2 (I have no idea, honestly, how they remained here and how I missed them)...

The fixed .tp2 is attached.

Happy playing!

I'm working on crossbanter for Khalid right now.

Attached Files

#149 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

So in order to install Khalid, do I use the files from post #1 and #148? A wee bit confusing if you ask me :woot:

Cheers

Tried to install, the files I got, but recieved a parsing error...

Edited by Shaitan, 13 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#150 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Strangely I cannot upload a file. Now using the "newest" version of Khalid.

Debug:

WeiDU v 23100 Log

Setup-Khalid.exe
[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 606483 bytes
[./CHITIN.KEY] 184 BIFFs, 42927 resources
[dialog.tlk] loaded, 16606951 bytes
[dialog.tlk] 126058 string entries
[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes
[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3233 bytes
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\English\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD1\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD3\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD4\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Hans\Spil\Baldurs Gate 2\CD5\]
[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes
[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes
[Setup-Khalid.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

[KHALID.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 675 column 1-10
Near Text: EXTEND_TOP
GLR parse error

[KHALID.TP2] ERROR at line 675 column 1-10
Near Text: EXTEND_TOP
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [KHALID.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [KHALID.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
load TLK 0.000
Parsing TP2 files 0.015
parsing .log files 0.016
loading files 0.032
unmarshal KEY 0.062
unmarshal TLK 0.234
stuff not covered elsewhere 0.795
TOTAL 1.154

Edit:The tp2 found here works: http://www.shsforums...post__p__518023

Edited by Shaitan, 13 March 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#151 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

I have more bugs for you, if/when you return.

Cheers

#152 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Post whatever bugs you found, please.
Looks like I'll be busy with fixing those bugs when Easter break comes up....

#153 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, but first I'll say I'm impressed, it seems to work well though it still need some polishing. I especially liked the sequence where Jaheira gained acces to the Harper Hold very much. Until now I've taken up Khalid, been at Firkraag and atm I'm at Nalia's keep.

Perhaps you'll look at the .tp2 issue first, as that might clear some of the issues first?

a) Jaheira was firering banters quickly in Irenicus' dungeon, it came out of nowhere (a single would have been fine). Attached File  Baldr000.bmp   4.12MB   259 downloads

b) At the installationprocess I'd chosen an alternative picture of Khalid (redhed, no helm) and when I first met Khalid he was like this: Attached File  Baldr001.bmp   4.12MB   239 downloads

c) Spelling error openy should be openly. Attached File  Baldr002.bmp   4.12MB   262 downloads

d) A no valid replies at the Ajantis assault in Windspear Hills:Attached File  Baldr003.bmp   4.12MB   217 downloads

e) The dialogue about Jaheira needs a cleric repeats until I succed in casting a cure minor wounds between speeches. Annoying, but I made it :)

f) Question posed by Nalia, should probably be posed by Khalid. Attached File  Baldr005.bmp   4.12MB   231 downloads

g) in the Firkraag dialogue: "Harper, and he won't be the last". The is missing. In the same dialogue Firkraag really makes harmless threats, is that a good idea to make him pose such threats? Firkraag to me is intelligent enough not to do this... Anyway I just felt that dialogue could be revised a bit.

The kit description ingame was in Polish, (I choose both harper kits at installation, but as I couldn't understand the descriptions I uninstalled them)

That's about it for now, I hope it helps, I really think you've started something good here, and I'm looking foreward to see how it'll progress. Is there anything special I should look for?

Cheers

#154 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

Well, you could look for the place- or chapter-coded dialogue. Senka reported they don't work, but more input would be nice.

Feel free to report any other bugs, I'll write them down and get to fixing them during Easter break.

#155 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

A few more things:

a) I got some troubles with renfeld Xzar/Montaron quest: I killed the crazy mage and his abominations. Returned to get into the hold, and then I got the quest again... However I could walk directly in... I also think you could add another comment from Khalid in this quest, only one at the end seems a bit too ... silent.

b) This dialogue should be changed, as it refers to the late Khalid: Attached File  Baldr009.bmp   4.12MB   224 downloads

Cheers

#156 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

I got severe troubles with Aisha's quest:

a) I talked to Aisha in the Guild House(?) and she told me I didn't have the book. I was perplexed, but then I saw a merchant who was new to me. He told me that someone had his book and pointed me to the inn. There I met a thief who had the book, but the dialogue was corrupted. Attached File  Baldr010.bmp   4.12MB   220 downloads

b) I never got any introduction to this quest nor did I get any hints.

c) The merchant was standing a bit too close to another flectcher, could you move him a bit? Attached File  Baldr011.bmp   4.12MB   207 downloads

Cheers

Edited by Shaitan, 21 March 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#157 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

A dialogue which should be above ground: Attached File  Baldr014.bmp   4.12MB   241 downloads

Cheers

#158 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

A dialogue which should be above ground: Attached File  Baldr014.bmp   4.12MB   241 downloads

Cheers

Weird, as the dialogue is coded to happen only in forests...

Luckily, Easter break is only half a week away. (we were given free on Thursday too!)

#159 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, well the more gamebreaking issues is the most importent IMO.

Happy easter

#160 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hi Zireael

Have you had any time looking into this?

I noticed a missing "headder" in the journal: Attached File  Baldr015.bmp   4.12MB   248 downloads

Cheers

Edited by Shaitan, 24 April 2012 - 12:44 AM.