Photo

Does this mod work with GOG version of PST

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deity

deity
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

Hey guys, I was trying to install this mod but I wasn't succesful. When I double click setup file a black screen appears and vanishes like three seconds later. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and I installed PST on my D drive to avoid any trouble.

So what I'm asking is basically this "May I install Ghostdog's mod with the PST that I downloaded from gog.com?" If it doesn't I'm going to search my old 4CD version.

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

Have you followed these instructions ?

#3 deity

deity
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Yes, I installed Bigg's Widescreen Mod first and it is working like a charm but I can't install your mod. As I said a black screen appears and vanishes like three seconds later. But instructions say I should see font size options but unfortunately nothing happens.

#4 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

Not being able to even run the executable is very strange. First make sure you have extracted everything from the archive into the game's main path. That includes : Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe , Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.tp2 and the GhostDog's-PST-UI folder. (this may seem elementary , but believe me I've had such cases).

Now, if everything is in place, then the problem could occur because of a weidu version issue. It's something that shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does happen nevertheless. Do the following : copy setup-widescreen.exe to your desktop, rename it to Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe and then move it back into the Torment folder and replace the old exe.

Edited by ghostdog, 25 June 2011 - 07:59 AM.

#5 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

I can't get this to install on the GOG version either.
Win7 64bit
Installed in E:
I get this:
Posted Image

If I run the .exe as administrator, I get a bit further.
Posted Image

Prior to running this my Torment.exe file had a capital T, after it has a small t.

I tried renaming the setup-widescreen.exe & running it but it made no difference.

Attached Files

Edited by olnorton, 01 September 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#6 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

I can confirm that the mod works on Windows 7 64 bits (Professional), with the GoG version.

Your debug file shows that there were patches made properly on Torment.exe at the beginning of the installation, then another patch failed later. I wonder if this could be an antivirus (or similar) at work, locking the file. I would suggest you disconnect from Internet, disable your antivirus temporarily, and try installation again.

#7 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

I can confirm that the mod works on Windows 7 64 bits (Professional), with the GoG version.

Your debug file shows that there were patches made properly on Torment.exe at the beginning of the installation, then another patch failed later. I wonder if this could be an antivirus (or similar) at work, locking the file. I would suggest you disconnect from Internet, disable your antivirus temporarily, and try installation again.

Thanks Isaya.
That must have been what it was.
With the Antivirus disabled, it installed correctly.