Photo

feedback and testers needed on kenshei mod kit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Would somebody be willing to test out this mod kit for me that i just made? I want to make sure that it works the way it's intended on other people's computers ... mostly what i want to know is do all the affects/advantages/disadvantages work as stated ...

Kenshei

Advantages:
- Grand Mastery in all single handed swords, bladed weapons, and darts
- Grand Mastery in single and 2 weapon styles
- +2 to dexterity
- +1 bonus to hit and damage at character creation then every 5 levels up to level 25
- -2 to Armor Class at character creation then -1 every 5th level up to level 25
- +10% to slashing and piercing resistance at creating and an additional +10% at level 15
- Gains Precision Strike ability at levels 4, 7 and 22. Grants a +3 THAC0 bonus for three rounds, does 1d10 damage to target, and has a 25% chance to stun target.
- Gains Parry ability at levels 7, 10 and 22. Grants virtual immunity to physical attacks for two rounds.
- Gains Counter Attack ability at levels 10, 13 and 22. Grants virtual immunity to physical attacks for one round and does 2d10 of damage to attacker.
- Gains Disarm ability at levels 13, 16 and 22. Has a 50% chance to make opponent drop their weapon.
- Gains Feint ability at levels 16, 19 and 22. Grants Invisibility and Non-Detection for one round.
- Gains Swift Strike ability at levels 19 and 22. Decreases weapon speed by 2, adds an extra attack, a +5 THAC0 bonus and a -2 Armor Class penalty for two rounds.

Disadvantages:
- May not wear helmets or any armor besides mage robes
- May not use missle weapons except for darts
- may not use two handed swords or blunt/spike weapons
- Requires: 15 dexterity
- -2 to charisma

also, i'm looking for feedback ... is it too much cheese? it's basically a kensai kit with the SP Collection Blade Master abilities ...

the only thing that's not working that i could use some help with is figuring out how to have the character only able to wear robes ... i'm pretty sure it's in the usability flags, i'm just not sure where.

this is my first mod after being around for years ... be gentle.

Attached Files

Edited by joshuar9476, 29 June 2011 - 05:27 AM.

i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

... be gentle.

Let's try...
First of all, the .zip file, it lack's content, as you only packed the folders, but they have no files in them, just the "Setup-Kenshei.exe".
Secondly you have the backup/0/ folder, meaning that you might have used the package that you have in your game folder, as the base of the archive, the game is probably at the Program Files folder... and because you have Windows XP SP3, Vista or 7, none of the files the folders in the program files folder are actually there.

the only thing that's not working that i could use some help with is figuring out how to have the character only able to wear robes ... i'm pretty sure it's in the usability flags, i'm just not sure where.

As I don't have the files, I'll just have to assume that you made the character to be a Fighter kit... now, the Fighters cannot use the Mage Robes, and the game doesn't have normal robes, so there. You either have to make a component that allows the robes to be used by the Class & Kit combo, or inlude one in the kit's own component, but I wouldn't say that's a good option.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

First of all, the .zip file, it lack's content, as you only packed the folders, but they have no files in them, just the "Setup-Kenshei.exe".

yeah, that'll happen after a full day of coding and uploading before bed ... the file has been fixed and "should" work now. Sorry about that.

You either have to make a component that allows the robes to be used by the Class & Kit combo, or inlude one in the kit's own component, but I wouldn't say that's a good option.

well balls .... i was afraid of that ... oh well, guess i'll have to drop that aspect of it.

edit: i changed and scaled back the hit and damage modifier a bit

Edited by joshuar9476, 29 June 2011 - 05:24 AM.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

Disadvantages:
- May not wear helmets or any armor besides mage robes
- May not use missle weapons except for darts
- may not use two handed swords or blunt/spike weapons

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry
 ~0x00010000     2~
That really doesn't come out as what you intend, as the flag you have is the Stalkers+Fighter, in Kitlist... which among others, allows the usage of Studded Leather Armor.
What you might want is the Kensai, or Cavalier+Stalker+Fighter, which then doesn't allow ranged weapons, armor over the Studded Leather ... it would be:
 ~0x00010008     2~
Or even Shapshifter+Fighter, which should removes all/most armor, and perhaps the Xbows+Bows:
 ~0x20000000     2~
One would need to test it though with cheated items etc, on what they can use.
You of course can make the items not being able to place proficienty points to, but it's not the same as unable to use them.

The kenshei or "sword saint" was considered

The "Sword Saint" is already part of the the Kensai's description, so I wouldn't use it...

Sorry about that.

Don't worry about that...

up to level 25

Why not up to 50th level ? Cause this sort of caps promote the dualclassing, cause the character is never able to gain much after the peak point at which ever level suits the player best...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 June 2011 - 06:49 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

i forgot to mention i'm still trying to figure out which way i'm going to go on the usability flags ... thanks for the input there and on the other things too ... that's the type of input i'm looking for