Old save's new /moving install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -rafezetter-

-rafezetter-

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hi all

First off .... GREAT WORK on the mods etc especially the step by step for installing them Thunderpeel. Have been using them for a while and I'm quite far into the game..and here's where the fun begins...

I'm quite p'd off by the fact you can't slow down the video in Win7 as you can with others for the spell animations (the top lvl ones often crash my system and multiples? forget it), so I bit the bullet and made a dual boot win2k on a separate drive (wasn't that fun boys n girls!..not).

Now.... If I follow the same procedure as before from Thunders blog re-installing PST on the new HDD under Win2K, will my saves work???

I read about adapting saves during install, but what if they were already using the mods as in that blog?

As of now I've stopped playing PST as I can't use any of the shiny big spells, so I'd appreciate answers soon... pretty please :P

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:28 AM

Why install mods, as you can copy the whole of the game directory, edit the new Torment.ini file so the paths are correct in the [Alias] section and you are done... as you can continue to use the old game...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 July 2011 - 06:29 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.