Photo

Baldurs Gate to Icewind Dale?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daithi

daithi
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

Probably in the wrong place but I am new here and can't see anywhere else to post this question. I am after installing the Big World Project for BG 1 & 2, and have been exploring the world map a bit and up in the very top left corner is a map for icewind dale, just wondering does the big world project have mods that allow you to travel to icewind dale, or is it just wish full thinking on my part.

P.S. It looks like part of the map of icewind dale 1, but I could be wrong as it has been a long time since I played it.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Probably in the wrong place but I am new here and can't see anywhere else to post this question. I am after installing the Big World Project for BG 1 & 2, and have been exploring the world map a bit and up in the very top left corner is a map for icewind dale, just wondering does the big world project have mods that allow you to travel to icewind dale, or is it just wish full thinking on my part.

Well, the Never Ending Journey mod has that... but be warned that it's one of the eXpert mods, which makes it subject to crashes and odd rules like you having to have the idiot paladin in your party while you do the NEJ parts of the game, as other wise your PC will auto kill themselves, it start in the BGII portion of the game and thus the party and opponents are leveled above the IwD original levels, which makes the creatures inconsistent as hell... :wacko:
If you wish to play the IwD in the BGII's engine as best as you can, you actually test the IwDinBGII beta v6, it's a total conversion mod that copies the data from the original IwD game to the BGII game(like EasyTutu does for the BG1, so the SoA&ToB are not playable)... you get kits, NPCs etc. that the IwD doesn't have.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.