Photo

Silverale Inn and Afterwards

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 unluckyimmortal

unluckyimmortal
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

I dropped the Orb of Breaca off with Angharad Firehair, and the instant I stepped out of Angharad/Geltarath's house, I found that my journal tells me that Geltarath wants to send me to Imradim, but I must get a flower from Tigernach first. I can't find Eildaren Colver in the Silverale Inn, so I don't actually know what I'm supposed to do next.

(Dagger from Tigernach. Regardless, my journal shows an entry or two in the future, it seems, and I haven't the faintest idea where Tigernach is.)

And for what it's worth, I now realize that I bypassed much of the mod through boots of speed in traps of the living. I'll try installing the patch to see if it fixes things.

Edited by unluckyimmortal, 05 August 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

As far as Boots of Speed are concerned, the patch simply removes all references to Ceinwen Ravenhair in any conversation post-Tanarr'i. This is the second time someone has reported the journal-jump problem and it may be related to BoS: you don't have a savegame just before giving Angharad the Orb, do you?

-Y-

#3 unluckyimmortal

unluckyimmortal
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

I renamed them to .txt files because if I try to upload files with a .sav or .gam extension, I get an error. I should note I've been playing a BGT-BWP install, but up until now FFT has run bug-free.

Attached File  WORLDMAP.WMP.txt   452.91K   492 downloads
Attached File  Baldur.gam.txt   756.04K   510 downloads
Attached File  BALDUR.SAV.txt   2.67MB   611 downloads

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

I get an error when I try to open them as zip files but that doesn't matter. What I really want is a savegame from the \Save folder just before you give the Orb to Angharad. I want to take a look at my own variables to see which ones are incorrect. And also to tell you which ones to change to make the rest of the mod playable! :)

-Y-

#5 unluckyimmortal

unluckyimmortal
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

I zipped the entire save folder. My last uploads weren't zipped, merely renamed to the .txt file extension to trick the uploading restrictions - if you try to upload a .sav file, the forums software gives the message "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." Anyway, I zipped the savegame folder in two formats, either should work. In both, I went back to a save where I had the orb but had not yet given it to Angharad, moved my party outside their house, and saved the game.

Attached Files

#6 -Mateusz-

-Mateusz-

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Same problem in my game. I don't have BoS though.
Can't wait to read the solution:) Till then I think I just won't give the orb away.

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

I'm away out today but I'll take a look tonight.

-Y-

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

@unluckymortal - can you also attach a savegame post-Orb given please? I can't play your savegame as I don't have all those mods installed. FYI I have half an idea that I might know what's going on.

-Y-

#9 unluckyimmortal

unluckyimmortal
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Post Orb savegame attached.

Attached Files

#10 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Just before you give the Orb to Angharad, use the console to set this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ys_TalkedToGarGel","GLOBAL",20)

If I've got it right, you've both taken the one path that does not set (or take account of) Geltareth's current state. Now, assuming that you get the 'thank you' speech, you can count it fixed. However, if it works I need to change the dialog because it does not fit with the approach you took.

Please let me know if you get the dialog that starts:

'Thank you, <CHARNAME>; you have no idea how long Angharad has been looking for the Orb.'

-Y-

#11 unluckyimmortal

unluckyimmortal
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Interestingly, I do get the conversation that gives the "thank you" speech. However, that's the conversation I got before the fix as well. Checking my current save, I find that the ys_TalkedToGarGel global variable is already set to 20, so I presume it has been for some time.

I do get the conversation, but the journal jumps and there's no Eildaren to be found.

#12 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

I'm having problems finding this one. Can you please load the game before you give the Orb, then screenshot the dialog all the way to where the journal jumps. Use something like Paint to cut and join the dialog together if necessary.

Thank you.

-Y-

#13 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

Okay - I've found it. There's two journal entries with the same number - not a very clever trick at all on my part. Patch/update to follow.

-Y-

[Edit] Patch 1.2 released.

Edited by Yovaneth, 12 August 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#14 -guest 123-

-guest 123-

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

i am havin the exact same problem and the clua command console didnt bring anything positive ,

i try to start the mod from the beggining now without boots of speed

i hope this will work then

#15 -TheMadViking-

-TheMadViking-

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

I think i've run into the same problem as mentioned above. I have delivered the orb to Angrahad and helped Geltareth. They both have left for Portpentyrch and told me not to go there for a week. I can't seem to find them after a week, however, and I have no idea where to look. Another problem is about my journal mentioning to find tigernach mic muirgheas and a flower, but where is he. I can find tigernach "something" in western goverment district, but not this guy.

I hope someone can help me out.

#16 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

If you left it a week before going to Porthpentyrch then Geltareth, Angharad and Ceinwen should be getting merrily drunk in the Blue Harpy. Otherwise (less than a week) they should be standing near the two upside-down boats. As for the journal entries - I'd guess I haven't removed them correctly because you've completed both those quests. If you hadn't, then you wouldn't have been able to get the Tiger's Eye for Geltareth.

-Y-

#17 -TheMadViking-

-TheMadViking-

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hmm It's been awhile since i helped Geltareth. I remember helping him cure the lady at the cleric of eldarth. He just took her a way as can recall. I've been to Porthpentyrch and there are still nobody in the houses. The demon is still in the lighthouse. One thing i forgot to mention is that i haven't been to imradim yet and it doesn't show on the map. Still they told me to wait for a week and dissapered. Is this a bug or have i done something wrong. It's been three weeks ingame since they told me to wait a week, so they should be in porthpentyrch.

Another thing. In porthpentyrch there is a ring. When you pick it up, you can't remove it from your inventory. My problem is that yoshimo picked it up and he died in spellhold. When i looted his dead body there was no ring anymore. I don't hope it was important.

Hope you can help me out.

#18 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Somehow you've done something completely unexpected and it's all gone to hell in a handcart :crying: .I absolutely cannot figure out how you managed to get the 'wait a week' speech without going to Imradim first, although your description let me narrow it down to the Enclave of Eldath scenes. However, mention of the non-removeable ring makes me think you could be playing v1.2 or earlier. Do you have a savegame from before you enter the Enclave for the first time? Yes, I know it's a long way back :ermm: . If so, can you update to the latest version and then try again?

-Y-

#19 -TheMadViking-

-TheMadViking-

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Succes!!. I did as you told me. I found an old save file and updated to version 1.5. Now im in Imradim. I have no idea what i did wrong because i followed the same path last time. Maybe it is a bug in version 1.2. i don't know. Thank you very much Yovaneth. I really enjoy this mod. Good job :lol2:

#20 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Good news :D

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 21 May 2012 - 12:03 AM.