Photo

Original Jon Irenicus avatar and Thieves Galore avatar morphing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

Hi, not sure if this will get read. Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation for this wonderful mod, however, I just have one question. Is there any ways to prevent the original Jonny boy's avatar from morphing into this plain old elven mage avatar while equipping him with a mage robe? Since I really like this mod and Longer Road, uninstaling Thieves Galore (smarter morphing script) is not an option. I really hope there is a way to get around it. Any advice is much appreciated.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi, not sure if this will get read. Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation for this wonderful mod, however, I just have one question. Is there any ways to prevent the original Jonny boy's avatar from morphing into this plain old elven mage avatar while equipping him with a mage robe? Since I really like this mod and Longer Road, uninstaling Thieves Galore (smarter morphing script) is not an option. I really hope there is a way to get around it. Any advice is much appreciated.

Well, in the past, there was a solution that made the character immune to the effect... now I don't know if the Thief Galore already uses the new spell system, but that would make making the cure hard without adding the install component to make an item that can be used to make creatures immune to the avatar change effect.
It can be done, but I don't think it has so far... the item could then be consoled in. And the effect might cause lag. -_-

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 August 2011 - 07:00 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi Jarno,
Thank you for the speedy reply. So, there are no ways around it? Well, I guess for my next game I just might use the older version from BG2 Tweak. :P As for the current playthrough, Jonny boy just have to do without the benefit of a mage robe. I guess he is powerful enough to not need any equipment. :rolleyes:

#4 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Longer road Irenicus doesn't need a robe, for sure.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

Thank you for the speedy reply. So, there are no ways around it? Well, I guess for my next game I just might use the older version from BG2 Tweak. :P As for the current playthrough, Jonny boy just have to do without the benefit of a mage robe. I guess he is powerful enough to not need any equipment. :rolleyes:

Well, if you got any kind of nag with this, you should be able to copy a clean copy of a robe .itm from one of the mods backup folder, and rename it, put it in your override folder and you can CLUAConsole it in.

#6 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

I'm very noobish when it comes to all that modding stuff. Installing a mod is propably the maximum extend of my modding knowledge. :doh: However, with regard to the method you mentioned above, does it just affect Irenicus alone or every other PC and NPC as well? On top of that, I've got atweak's 'better looking Robe of Vecna' component installed, so not sure if I've down what you mentioned, the atweak component is still going to work. :) Maybe I've completely missed the point here. :P

Edited by coldflame, 23 August 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

I'm very noobish when it comes to all that modding stuff. Installing a mod is propably the maximum extend of my modding knowledge.

I understand that...
Which vanilla robe do you wish the Irenicus to use ?

#8 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

I'm hoping to have him using 'Robe of evil archmagi', since he is by all definition a power evil mage.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

This might be extraordenary approach, but what you should do, is make a new .txt file, open the file with Notepad, and copy/paste this code text in it:
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log clck17.itm >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
And then you use the "Save As" -function, and you name the file as "makingtherobe00001.bat", then you copy or make sure that the file is in the game folder, and then make sure there is a WeiDU.exe in the game folder, if there is not, just copy one of the setup-*modname*.exe's and rename it as WeiDU.exe . And then you can run the file you have created.
Then you go to the folder called "change-log" and there is files in it, a few clck17.0000*.itm files where the * is a number and a change-log.txt and the clck17.itm file, you just copy the "clck17.00001.itm" and rename it as "therobe1.itm", then copy it from the directory back in to the game directory's override folder ... and then you can start the game, load the save and use the Console and insert this line into it:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("therobe1")

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#10 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

Hi Jarno,
I am trying the method you mentioned, however I could not get the chang-log folder to appear in my SoA game folder. I copied the code in notepad and named it makingtherobe00001.bat as you instructed. Then I renamed a .exe file (from another mod) into WeiDu.exe and copied both .exe and .bat files into my SoA game folder. However, the first time I tried to run it it just showed me a whole lot of indexes. The change-log folder never appeared in my SoA game folder. Then I thought I might have to add the 'setup-' in front of the WeiDu.exe, but it just showed error when I tried to run it. Am I missing somthing here? Maybe I just can't read. :doh:

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:03 AM

Am I missing somthing here?

Nope, I forgot that the folder needs to be there... :doh: So make it, make a new folder and rename it as "Change-log". And then run the .bat when you have the "WeiDu.exe" in the game folder... so make sure to have the file without the setup- infront of it.

The text you saw when you ran the thing is the help index the WeiDu.exe has... it give it when it gains incorrect commands... never mind that.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#12 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

I don't know what is happeing, because I am still getting the idex when I ran WeiDu.exe even after I've added Change-log folder in SoA game folder, and the Change-log folder is still empty. However, I did see amongest the indexes something like 'change-log generates a changelog for the given resource (cumulative)'.

Edited by coldflame, 23 August 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#13 coldflame

coldflame
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

Yes, I finally got it to work. :D It's just weird that when I tried to run the '.bat' file last night it wouldn't (maybe Win7 just hates me), so I just went to sleep. Today I thought I would give it another go and what do you know, it worked perfectly. I finally got a robe that won't change Jon's avatar. Thanks Jarno.

P.S. I'm just curious, could I use the same method on other mage robe as well?

Edited by coldflame, 27 September 2011 - 02:38 AM.

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

P.S. I'm just curious, could I use the same method on other mage robe as well?

Yes, you can see the item codes(the *.itm thing) from here for example.