BiG World Project (BWP) v10.1 released

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

What's new? First of all: I have overhauled the install.bat. Now there are no longer restictions regarding the correct path or foldername. Now you can install the main folder everywhere and rename it as desired. The install.bat will check for the actual pathname and correct them in the baldur.ini. Also the cheat mode and debug mode will be activated automatically.
Now the install.bat handles no longer with .ids files.
Now the install.bat should also be fully compatible with the GOG version.
Updated description: In three steps to success
As always: mods updated to the most recent version.
Some new mods and finally some kit mods (according to EricP's installation)
Thanks to Prowler now the guide is also available in Russian!

Note:
Before I update BWP I make several installs with my install.bat so that I can be sure that it works correctly. The Big World Setup is much more comfortable than my Install.bat, however it is not up to date with the most recent version of BWP and therefore it will fail.

Your help is welcome!
If you find any errors, misspelling or missing text, you can edit the PDF in a very simple way. Just open the PDF with the most recent Acrobat Reader X, select the speech bubble from the menu bar and place it wherever you want me to make changes and add your corrections and comments. Send the PDF with your corrections to my email address and I will add them with the next update.

There are some things I wonder about:
Planarsphere: During Installation a folder over.bak gets created with a seize of 1GB! Also the files chitin.psm and dialog.psm are created with together 26 MB. For what are they good?
Infinity Animations: There remain 5885 files in the override with together 684 MB! Why are they not biffed by Generalized Biffing?

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Planar sphere is doing the same retarded "backup the override" thing that other Big Mods do.

Infinity Animations: it should biff all files that are 8.3 and don't have any space in the name; can you give me (a subset of) the list of non-biffed files?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Bogatyr

Bogatyr
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

Leo,

So if I used BWP Setup 9.1 with BWP 10.0 this afternoon and everything worked great, if I update the BWP to 10.1 and just drop it into the BWP Setup Downloads folder, it won't work?

Can I just have all my mods that I want and extract them to BGII - BoA folder and then run BWP 10.1 setup? Still learning and a little confused from all the various instructions. Sorry if I'm asking newbish questions.

#4 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

Nice work Leonardo.

BTW, I noticed that you are currently not installing a few of aTweaks recently added components within BWP:

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #104 // PnP Color Spray: v3.66
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // PnP Mephits: v3.66
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #213 // Expanded saving throw bonus tables for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings: v3.66

They should all be compatible with the megamod, so feel free to include them in some future update.

#5 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

@ the big: the list is attached

@ Bogatyr: just unpack BiG World Installpack v10.1 into your main folder and run BiG World Install.bat.

@ aVENGER: Thanks. I will change them with the next update.

Attached Files

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

I can see the following issues:
1) WeiDU (or gen_biff) cannot handle non-ANSI file names (such as 90% of the BAMs from IA).
2) For a probably similar reason, it cannot read files containing some other characters, such as ' -+^$', either.
3) Most of the others cannot be biffed because their name is incompatible with the .bif format, either because the name is >8 characters, or because it has an invalid extension, e.g. if it is a marker file or uncompiled .baf, .d, .mp3... file.
4) The rest (e.g. AR0334.wed) might have been put there by the install.bat after gen_biff is ran (E.G. because of the hot fixes).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#7 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hey guys,

I made a Rar of my BG2 directory prior to running "BiG World Install.bat" v10. I noticed that RoT mysteriously failed to install and it's SETUP-ROT.DEBUG looks truncated... I think this may have something to do with my pressing spacebar during the install :P.

Anywho, to the main point - should I just unpack the Rar of BG2 and rerun with BWP v10.1 or could I just copy back the "backup" files originally by BWS?

Thanks!

#8 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi Leo,

I also noticed that the v10.1 version of the "BiG World Install.bat" also has the FullPlate issue from my thread here (in the first post):
http://www.shsforums...llpack-v10047z/

#9 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

If these issues are posted somewhere in the forum they inevitably get lost. Better send Leonardo a PM or post it in the fixpack thread.

Edited by Fennek, 18 September 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#10 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

If these issues are posted somewhere in the forum they inevitably get lost. Better send Leonardo a PM or post it in the fixpack thread.

Thanks Fennek, I PM'd him.

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

This problem still exists in the newest version, there's a fix for it... but truly, the better option is to make the component eXpert conjunction only.

So remove the ~SETUP-BGTNEJ.TP2~ #0 #0 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen: v1.1 component completely for now, until v1.2 from everywhere else than the eXpert install.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 September 2011 - 05:31 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

This problem still exists in the newest version, there's a fix for it... but truly, the better option is to make the component eXpert conjunction only.

Hi Jarno,

Is the same as the bug here?
http://www.shsforums...post__p__521511

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

Is the same as the http://www.shsforums...ost__p__521511'>bug here?

Yes...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#14 -Drake-

-Drake-

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

Will the BWS ever be updated again?

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:08 AM

I've been downloading the mods using the new Linkliste (:D) and found some dead links in the BG2 Quest Mods section :unsure: (... and still going through the list btw :P)

Les Exiles de Lunargent 1.0 - DL Link <- doesn't work/temporarily off? :P
Fishing for Trouble 1.1 - Addon Link <- Thread purged? :unsure: (on further investigation, it would seem FFT is currently at v1.4 according to this patch :D)

EDIT: It also seems like the addon link is unnecessary because the patch 1.1 is inside the BWPFixpack v10.0.1 :woot: (which should be updated to patch 1.4 btw :P)

Moar dead links btw...

Tomoyo and the Underground City 0.9 - DL Link
Umbra of TROW - Arena 1.0 - DL Link

Anyway, awesome thanks for continuing the project even after all this time :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 25 September 2011 - 06:49 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#16 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am glad to see you again Lollorian :cheers:

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

@Everyone: :hug: & :cheers: to you too (... as applicable :ROFL:)

Found 2 more links that might be temporarily off or something :unsure:
Houyi 1.0 - DL Link
Fade NPC (SoA) 3 - DL Link
Jan's Extended Quest 1.42c - DL Link

So many modzez... I forgot how long it took me to setup last time :lol:

EDIT: Added Jan's Quest :o

Edited by Lollorian, 26 September 2011 - 04:26 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:54 AM

Still dling :ermm: I noticed Khalid mod for BG2 1 from the BG2 NPC-Related Mods section has its DL Link poitning to this post when it should actually use this package (along with this .tp2 :P - preferably in the BWPFixpack)

The list of mods I can't download seems to be growing though... which might be cause for concern? :unsure: (Avast actually blocked Touchstone NPC (Touch-The-Moon) 1.0's download link as malware :o - which is strange because I remember having it dled and perfectly safe last time)

... and then there's the mods without DL Links :doh: *sigh

But all in all, the sheer number of mods the BWP contains is just... WOW! :woot: :Bow: :coolthumb:

EDIT: Rose NPC (Beta) 0.03 should have this DL Link (since the one in the Linkliste is dead :ROFL:)

Edited by Lollorian, 26 September 2011 - 06:11 AM.

#19 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Jan's Extended Quest DL works for me.

Rose NPC, Fade NPC links updated.

Chinese Mods seem to be down. I can't find alternative sources.

Edited by Xicloing, 26 September 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

Re: French mods
It's really strange :unsure: I even tried just now... Nothing different. Add to that the chinese mods and the fact that the BWL seems to be down for now :P

Anyway,
Item Pack 1.6's DL Link is malformed :D
IA Content - Miscellaneous NWN Animations I 2's DL Link should point to this (there's no part 2 in there though :unsure:)

And finally,
Is this fix needed? (descrip says it is if IA is used with Angelo)

PS: New recommendations? :coolthumb:
iiSSAM (BEST MOD EVAH!!!!)
1PP HQ Music - SoA/ToB (prolly with its BGI/TotSC counterpart)

Edited by Lollorian, 27 September 2011 - 06:33 PM.