[RESOLVED] Harm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

If either "Damage Fix" or "No Spell Interruption on Zero Damage" is enabled, the Harm spell doesn't work correctly - i.e., the reduce-to-1-hp effect of HARM.ITM is disabled. This occurs in v20 and in v21.7.9.

Incidentally, in version 20 - but not in v21.7.9 - enabling either of these also triggers the bug with magic damage resistance.

Edited by Ascension64, 28 October 2011 - 03:44 AM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

I probably have typo'ed the Damage opcode, since both of those hacks utilise re-writes of the opcode in TobEx.
With the MDR issue, I suppose that means that 21.7.9 fixed the issue, I hope.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hmm, I just tested this without TobEx, and I can kill people with a single hit after casting Harm. Are you sure about this minimum 1 HP thing?

Edited by Ascension64, 27 October 2011 - 07:31 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Hmm, I just tested this without TobEx, and I can kill people with a single hit after casting Harm. Are you sure about this minimum 1 HP thing?

Just to chip in; IIRC Harm should reduce to 1HP. Spell Revisions changes this to a flat 150 dmg (save for half) though.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

Ah, thanks. Looks like I had a typo in the damage opcode where I misplaced the < sign. Fixed now.

--------------
Retired Modder