• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Having drow versions of as many NPC portraits as possible would sooooo rock! :) That would help maintain immersion, in addition to being wonderful eye candy *LOL* Just the thought of the party decked out with obsidian skin, stark white or pale yellow hair, and blood-red or pale eyes (lilac, silver, pink, blue, etc.)...yeah, that would rock, all right!

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#142 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

well. the topic... drowifying existing portraits is not too hard, I think. I've been practicing and I still have files with all their layers intact, heh. However, adding them to the pack is a beast of a different nature.

I am happy to roll Daulmakan's pack into the scope of this mod, because he already did all the hard code work in his own mod. If I were to expand that to every NPC in this pack, I - or Turambar - would have to make the code for the NPCs not included in the DM pack. As it is, v2 is taking a "longer" time to release because we are working hard to make .cre file colour changes, bugfixes and other mod-added portrait shenanigans integrate as smoothly and bug free as possible. Making the pictures is easy. Making the code, well, that is a matter of debate. Bug testing the code? That is really a lot of time intensive work. And let's mot even touch on the Valen mod and drow portrait slowdown bugs, which would also have to be fixed.

I think if you want more drow portraits, the best way to go about it is to ask Daulmakan to expand his mod to include Mod NPC and all that would be involved in drowifying their default portraits. If he does, I'll expand my pack to include his mod scope. Conversely if Daulmarkan or Turambar want to make drow code for this pack they can volunteer. But I'm not going to ask them to do it myself, because I would not personally code and test that much on my own. I don't believe in asking other people to do what you wouldn't be willing to do by yourself. And I do eventually want to play BG again too, heh.

#143 -Silverdawn-

-Silverdawn-

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

I also meshed together a Kelsey, but since this is not originally my artwork - I think it's from some compilation from a NWN vault packet, for NWN - I can't take any credit for it. I just recoloured and slapped a hood on the dude. Please don't credit me for anything if you use him.

Posted Image

Hi, I'm the original creator of the portrait in question, which in turn is a combination of a Portrait Portal armor with a head I discovered in a big D&D collection somewhere. I uploaded the original on Sorcerors.net. You have my full permission and blessing, do whatever you want with it. Enjoy!

#144 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

There's a French mod NPC named Silverian, if memory serves, that also uses that face.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#145 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

well. the topic... drowifying existing portraits is not too hard, I think. I've been practicing and I still have files with all their layers intact, heh. However, adding them to the pack is a beast of a different nature.

I am happy to roll Daulmakan's pack into the scope of this mod, because he already did all the hard code work in his own mod. If I were to expand that to every NPC in this pack, I - or Turambar - would have to make the code for the NPCs not included in the DM pack. As it is, v2 is taking a "longer" time to release because we are working hard to make .cre file colour changes, bugfixes and other mod-added portrait shenanigans integrate as smoothly and bug free as possible. Making the pictures is easy. Making the code, well, that is a matter of debate. Bug testing the code? That is really a lot of time intensive work. And let's mot even touch on the Valen mod and drow portrait slowdown bugs, which would also have to be fixed.

I think if you want more drow portraits, the best way to go about it is to ask Daulmakan to expand his mod to include Mod NPC and all that would be involved in drowifying their default portraits. If he does, I'll expand my pack to include his mod scope. Conversely if Daulmarkan or Turambar want to make drow code for this pack they can volunteer. But I'm not going to ask them to do it myself, because I would not personally code and test that much on my own. I don't believe in asking other people to do what you wouldn't be willing to do by yourself. And I do eventually want to play BG again too, heh.

I can't help with the art side, but I'd be happy to lend a hand in setting color values in .cre files. I've done quite a bit of that, and enjoy the work :)

Yeah, I'd thought of digging into the "drows" mod and replacing the portraits with those that really resemble FR Drow, but before I could start that, I saw a mention on this board that you'd be tackling the project, so now I eagerly await the unveiling of some drowification!

#146 Silver Dawn

Silver Dawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

hi there. im new here so idk where eles to post this, but i was wondering if anyone could take aerie's portrait and turn it to black hair cuz i think she's be so cool with black hair as my bawlspawns pic.

#147 Silver Dawn

Silver Dawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

or just lemme know how i could do it myself

#148 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

If you want to edit this Aerie to have black hair feel free. If anyone wants to "Baldur's Goth" or "NPC Damage" any of the current portraits apart from Gavin, you can also feel free. If you want to edit Gavin in any way, though, please ask for Mileah's permission first! :-)