Photo

LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#241 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Sorry about the Silke armor thing - I'll think about a workaround (maybe check if the CRE has any memorized spells before giving it armor?)
You might wanna uninstall the Inventory Overhauler component to prevent this from happening with other creatures :unsure: (you can install that component again once I actually make the workaround code and attach a new TP2 here :cheers:)

Or you could check if the armor has the casting failure rate or casting prevention effect on it, and then not equip it if the caster is a mage/sorcerer. Yeah, it's going to get complicated.

But you probably missed the fact that Vlar used the(assuming I am right) Item Revisions component that removes the casting prevention from all armors, it's part of the casting in heavy armor components, so there will have no bad effects from wearing the armor.

2. Dupe effects are just what Jarno said - resource users... wouldn't hurt to remove them (if you want 10x faster gibberlings give it a 10x speed bonus, not 10 1x speed bonuseseses :lol:)

Yeah, the only reason to use those multiple effects for one thing is for a join-able player characters as they can level up, as actually the leveling up will give them the effects from their kits, and correcting them this way, the loosing of them is only temporarily, as it will be corrected the first time the character gets a level after joining, so it's not a great loose, especially with the Level 1 NPCs, as you'll be getting dozens of level almost right from the bat.

3... I remembered something like that... I'll put it behind my ear... and find a mountains of dirt there next time. :devil: :cheers:

Edited by The Imp, 27 April 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#242 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

I have to say, in combination with arcane spellcasting in armor (I use % chance of spell failure), Silke makes for an interesting fight, maybe you can split the inventory overhauler and handle armors in a separate component, with the recommendation to use the spellcasting in armor system. This problem concerns mostly bards, but there can be the case of mods that change the class to make hybrid fighter/mages. Anyway armor+spellcasting would make fights more challenging and that's not bad :). As for the other stuff, you'll surely know what you're doing but I hope you take all precautions not to break complex and vital mods (at least for me) like SCS.
But you probably missed the fact that Vlar used the(assuming I am right) Item Revisions component that removes the casting prevention from all armors, it's part of the casting in heavy armor components, so there will have no bad effects from wearing the armor.

That's after the reinstall, when the problem arose I didn't, because it's not part of a recommended install. With a recommended install in BWS/BWP you will have this problem.

To make it easy component 4 could be marked as 'tactic', just as the item rev component for spellcasting in armor, and have it as prerequisite, so that they are installed together.

Edited by Vlar, 27 April 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#243 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hi Lol how are you??

I would like to know some thinks about your “awesome” Lolfixer :)

I make a manual installation following order of the “BiG World Project” in the year 2011 and Lolfixer was not still exit in that time, so I installed “Lolfixer” after “generalized biffing”, IWDITEMFIX (Fix IWD Item Pack Items turning to Gold on load) and ATWEAKS-HOTFIX-130407 (Hotfix for IWD Dimension Door, aTweaks less than v4.02)

I installed all components of the Lolfixer with “SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED”.     

but when I take a look into the “SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG” I seen that I get severals  lines messages as this:

“”

AR0011.ARE error: Missing area Script (AR0011.bcs) created

Compiling 1 script ...

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD4/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD3/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD1/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF]

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/AMBSOUND.BIF] 42814843 bytes, 411 files, 0 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD4/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD3/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD1/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF]

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF] 25546449 bytes, 4393 files, 4 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD4/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD3/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD1/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF] 30000121 bytes, 1582 files, 1 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD4/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD3/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD1/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF] 30061740 bytes, 3899 files, 0 tilesets

“”

What mean this: “BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path…”?

I'd like to know if also with the above mentioned messages the corrections have been made or not!  and if there are problems with the lolfixer and GENERALIZED BIFFING or IWDITEMFIX or ATWEAKS-HOTFIX-130407 if the “lolfixer” is installed after!!!  

THANKS!!!!

Here is my weidu and my SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG:

Do you think it's all ok and will works fine in the future? :shifty:

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 04 September 2014 - 10:30 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#244 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

What mean this: “BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path…”?

The .bif files in the <gameinstall path>/data/ folder are where the game usually stores the games files, especially after the Generalized Biffing mod. Now they can hold all sort of files, just like a .ara file can, but the game can read the .bif files faster than if the files are in the override folder, this is why the Generalized Biffing exists.

Now the fact that the file may exist in multiple files doesn't matter, the games internal file mapping can know where the file it needs always is, the weidu.exe is not as lucky and so needs to find it with a stick in the hay bale method, which is why it was made to check the CD1-5 files first.

This is all to say that the game will be a little more loading requiring, but not much as you have more files in the override folder than without the Lolfixer. But it should be OK with it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#245 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the answer :) but my doubts were if the corrections had been made even if the files to correct were in the "biffed" files!!!

#246 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the answer :) but my doubts were if the corrections had been made even if the files to correct were in the "biffed" files!!!

Can you find any of the files in the override folder ? If yes, then the fixes are made.

#247 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

It's kind of you answer me, thanks  :)

but how do I to know if there are not corrected files? In override folder there are only corrects files??

I hope I am able to make me understandable :ermm:

Edited by ilot, 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#248 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

but how do I to know if there are not corrected files? In override folder there are only corrects files??
Well, the Generalized Biffing moves all the files to the data folder, so it leaves only few files to the override folder, the ones it cannot buffer to the games memory files(the .bif's), and there's a reason why it can't always, I don't want to go to the details, as I don't know them all.
So the override folder should be pretty empty after installing the Generalized Biffing.
Now then, when you install the Lolfixer, it will get the files it fixes back to the override folder, and then fixes them while it does so. So any file(.bcs, .itm, .cre etc.) that has been put back to the override folder, has been be fixed by the Lolfixer.

I hope I am able to make me understandable :ermm:
Do not worry too much about that... I don't either. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 05 September 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#249 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Ok, if I understand fine the Lolfixer will get the files needs to be corrected (also the files sited in the data folder biffed) fixes them and then put them in the override folder, right? :huh:

so I don't care for lines as these, right?:

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN17.BIF] 25546449 bytes, 4393 files, 4 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/TB#GEN26.BIF]

Edited by ilot, 05 September 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#250 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Ok, if I understand fine the Lolfixer will get the files needs to be corrected (also the files sited in the data folder biffed) fixes them and then put them in the override folder, right? :huh:
Exactly.

#251 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

I thank you very much The Imp!!! :cheers:

#252 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD5/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD4/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD3/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA\CD1/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF]

[D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/TB#GEN32.BIF] 30061740 bytes, 3899 files, 0 tilesets

- Lolfixer wants to play with a certain file

- Lolfixer looks up where certain file is from CHITIN.KEY

- CHITIN.KEY tells Lolfixer that certain file is in TB#GEN32.BIF

- Lolfixer looks up all possible locations where TB#GEN32.BIF can be - specifically, the entries under the [Alias] section of your baldur.ini

- Above quote shows that Lolfixer found what it was looking for in "D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/" ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#253 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

Welcome back. You have been missed.

Erhm you are back, right ?

Edited by The Imp, 06 September 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#254 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Not as much as I'd like to be. I'll be around :P (can't do much without the game set up :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#255 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

- Lolfixer wants to play with a certain file

- Lolfixer looks up where certain file is from CHITIN.KEY

- CHITIN.KEY tells Lolfixer that certain file is in TB#GEN32.BIF

- Lolfixer looks up all possible locations where TB#GEN32.BIF can be - specifically, the entries under the [Alias] section of your baldur.ini

- Above quote shows that Lolfixer found what it was looking for in "D:\BG\Lolfixer in prova\BGII - SoA/DATA/" ;)

It's great to see you Lollorian :)

And thank you for told me the "situation" in great details!!! You give me certainty that all corrections have been made :cheers:

#256 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

About Lolfixer: why some creatures should not be attached to the ARE? :)

#257 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hi :)

I noticed that the mod "Lolfixer" editing the file "O! TALT.BCS" which is part of the mod "Boards of Magick item pack" make hostile "Taluntain", which then attacks me as soon as Bion (the IMP at Waukeen Promenade) teleports me in O! TALU.ARE.

Solution: I simply removed the file "O! TALT.BCS" from the "override" of the game.

Here's what Lolfixer should have modified:

O!TALT.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([GOODCUTOFF],THIEF_SET_SPECIAL_SNARE) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPCL414',[GOODCUTOFF])

O!TALT.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([GOODCUTOFF],THIEF_SET_SNARE) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPCL412',[GOODCUTOFF])

O!TALT.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([GOODCUTOFF],ROGUE_SET_TIME_TRAP) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPCL912',[GOODCUTOFF])

O!TALT.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([GOODCUTOFF],ROGUE_SET_EXPLODING_TRAP) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPCL911',[GOODCUTOFF])

O!TALT.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([GOODCUTOFF],ROGUE_SET_SPIKE_TRAP) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPCL910',[GOODCUTOFF])

Copied [O!TALT.BCS] to [override/O!TALT.BCS]

#258 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

I know that Lollorian is AWOL but I have question: does it make sense to install it in EE games?

Well, to check the install yes perhaps, but to insist it on other people, not really. As it delays install time.

#259 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Install time is not important at all. I've just installed it on heavily modded BGII:EE and it fix lots of problems:

Like ?
It would be good to go through all of them and go and report every freaking one :devil: ... so they would eventually get fixed, or phased out by replacement mods.

I -- changed my mind and take your word on this and fully support you, that it should be in all the BWS EE and non-EE installs. No, I actually didn't.

Edited by The Imp, 01 February 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#260 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

Wait so this actually installs in BGEE? :o

Btw the problems that this "fixes" are 99% of the time unnoticeable in a normal playthrough sooooo... yeah :ermm:

Also,

1. If the EE stuff has played around with the file formats (ARE, CRE etc) and changed the block offsets for stuff, AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

2. If the EE stuff has new mechanics in play engine-wise (like the RND item mechanism or being able to equip 2-handers with a shield and not crashing), AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!

To summarize, I'd suggest getting the lolfixer's code looked at by some EE guru before actually trying it on :P

Feel free to use, modify, create, destroy or make love to the code - no need to credit or anything - they're all just 0's and 1's :lol: