Photo

Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Urborg Vengrath

Urborg Vengrath
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

I've never played with BG2's multiplayer function. Is it enjoyable, and are there any players that get together for multiplayer games?
I shall consume the living and the dead.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Is it enjoyable, and are there any players that get together for multiplayer games?

Well, I cannot say for sure... but there's always the possibility that it is. The reason why there's no great community to hold multiplayer games is obvious.... but let me remind that the game is quite old, and there's over 300 mods for it, and the install order needs to be set to stone for it to work at all for all players.
The most used factor of the multiplayers game though is to use it to create multiple Player Characters... as you can make 1-6 of them and use those to go and play the game with the dream team in a single player game, as you can copy the saves over from the "mpsave" folder to the "save" folder. :lol:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Urborg Vengrath

Urborg Vengrath
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I did see some people playing over GameRanger. Which got me curious. You could play an unmodded game, or just agree on a short list of mods all players want.

Multiplayer does seem like a neat idea, to me anyway. If anyone reading this would like to give it a try, let me know.
I shall consume the living and the dead.

#4 Rti

Rti
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

SS2 is a game that is essentially about being On your own. The actual places as well as seems associated with SS2 are all made to instill in the player a fear sense of isolation as well as frustration. Remember that through actively playing co-op, you directly weaken that authorial intention. The only real cause SS2 even has a multi-player setting happens because the writer required it.
You are able to only play a game for the first time once. By actively playing SS2 in multiplayer mode for the very first time, a person shed something forever -- the expertise of finding all its issues, twists, becomes, and horrors without any someone to depend on but your self. Conversely, you can always go back and perform SS2 in multiplayer mode without dropping something.