Syvishtar's Journal

• Please log in to reply
1504 replies to this topic

#41 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

In the end, the thread voted this way:

Ok, so 15 votes to raise Imoen, and none against. She's definitely getting rezzed. 11.5 votes to raise Khalid (I counted "maybe" or "if you have money" as half votes) and 1 against. I guess I'll try to rez him if there's money. Finally, 3 to rez eldoth and 8 against. Poor fool's stayin dead.

There's plenty of other bards, anyways.

Edited by Usurper, 14 December 2011 - 10:53 PM.

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#42 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

Good choices all. Incidentally, is SCS(II) one of the mods installed?

#43 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Yes, I think both of the SCS mods are installed.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#44 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Yes, I think both of the SCS mods are installed.

That would account for the 50% fatality rate then. DavidW --> :Bow:

Of course, arrogance probably helped :lol:

Edited by Dakk, 15 December 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#45 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

7 Mirtul, 1369

Jaheira and Khalid were right about the bandit scalps. Gellana at the Temple of Wisdom says she honors a bounty on bandit scalps of 10 gold per. We sell them all to her, and gratefully. Without those funds, we would never have been able to raise Khalid. Imoen was easy, but the armor and weapons we carted with us were only 1 or 2 or at maximum 7 gold apiece, and we didn't have enough room to carry more. It wouldn't have been enough, otherwise.

Posted Image

Now that Imoen and Khalid are safe and sound again I notice we haven't brought Eldoth's body with us. I suggest that we go back, but nobody is willing to do so. Hungry, weary, spell-less, and still almost dead, it is all that we can do to limp back to the Friendly Arm Inn to rest up. When we are sorting through equipment and items, giving everybody back their stuff, we find two strange items not really noticed before.

Posted Image

Jaheira says that she picked that up off of the main bandit captain. She says we should probably return the insignia to the Silvershields when we get to Baldur's Gate. I can do nothing but agree. So much death surrounds me. What else can I do?

Posted Image

The ring looks old, but I don't know what to do with it. I decide to ask Bentley.

Posted Image

Posted Image I've found this peculiar ring on some hobgoblins right north of the entrance. Do you happen to know who's the rightful owner?

Posted Image It seems like Joia's father's ol' ring. She lives near the gate, if ya want to return it to her.

Posted Image Got it. What services do you have to offer, by the way?

We rest for several days in warm, mostly-mouseless rooms.

Posted Image

During that time I have a chance to study the artifact Imoen accidentally created. However, in the end I just give up. I can't for the life of me figure out what it does.

Posted Image

I give it back to her with a warning to be careful. She just laughs. I also have a chance to study some strange arrows we picked up after the last fight.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: All the bandits have these arrows. They hurt. I didn't check the combat logs but those arrows might be what took out so many people. The bandit camp is REALLY going to hurt unless someone is high level enough to cast some sort of cold protection spell by the time we get there.

I give those to Imoen too. She seems to go through her growing collection of arrows and hum happily to herself several times a day now. I also examine the strange potion we picked up a few days ago.

Posted Image

After I realize what it is, I drink it then and there, instead of waiting for a fight.

Posted Image

I dun feel differn'.

After a few more days of rest, we ask around and find directions to Joia's house.

Posted Image

We all tromp over for a visit. I let Imoen do the talking.

Posted Image

Posted Image Let me guess, you lost a ring and you need me to recover it for you?

Posted Image How'd you know? Do you have something to do with it?

Posted Image Actually, I've already found your ring and Bentley told me where I could find you. Here, take it.

Posted Image I thank you. This ring was a gift when I set out on my own. Couldn't bear the thought of some smelly old hobgoblin having it. You are a good sort, and I'll say so to anyone that asks.

Gameplay note: For giving the nice lady back her ring, we get 181 xp and +1 reputation. No money tho, the cheapskate.

I am content with going back to the Inn to rest again, but Jaheira has something to say about that.

Posted Image

I decide to search again for the Fashionable Ogre, and continue south to Nashkel. When we arrive at the Coast way, it is dark. We still have a lot to explore, so I send out my cat again.

Posted Image

My familiar effortlessly scouts around in the darkness, covering cliff and tree, hill and dale, until it does find a hostile ogre. I call it back so that we can fight together.

Posted Image

Before we can get into position though, we are ambushed by a worg.

Posted Image

I get the deathblow on it with an arrow; nobody got hurt. When we get near to the ogre, I put everybody in a firing line, and send Haiass and my cat to lure it out. It works.

Posted Image

A few arrows, a few sword thrusts, and it goes down with just one hit to my cat. I thought my cat would be a better fighter than it is. I ask Jaheira to heal it again. We search the ogre's corpse, and find the belt!

Posted Image

Scratching my hip absent-mindedly, I let out a little giggle and put the belt on.

Posted Image

It's a little tight. I'm not sure what I was hoping for here. We continue to patrol the area, and find a few more worgs, and a few more bandits. We kill, scalp, and loot them all as appropriate. Aside from a rather large and inaccessible cliff to the northeast, my cat declares everything else empty. We can consider this area to be secure as well! I guess we're real adventurers?

Posted Image

We head south to Beregost. It only takes 4 hours.

Posted Image

#46 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

When we arrive, it is morning again.

Beregost entrance movie!

Imoen seems happy to finally reach the town, and her enthusiasm is contagious.

Posted Image

Posted Image Looks great to me. What do you think we should do first?

Posted Image Let's find a nice place and get some rooms. I haven't had a hot bath in ages! They say Feldepost's is a good inn; we should try there.

Posted Image After that, I'm going shopping. We need some supplies. Let's see...

Posted Image We need a new frying pan, since you ruined the one we have.

Posted Image I ruined? As I recall, YOU were the one who left it on the fire all night...

Posted Image Details, details. Was yer idea to have me cook. Um... what else? Some new blankets, soap, lantern oil, spare tent pegs... er... I think I kinda misplaced your hunting knife so we'll have to get a new one of those. I need some new clothes, too. My pink tunic got ripped in that last fight.

Posted Image Um... Imoen? ALL of your tunics are pink... and cloaks... and boots... and gloves...

Posted Image But that was my favorite! Soooo... I'll need a new one! There's lots we need. Hope we have enough money...

Posted Image Well, c'mon, slowpoke. I wanna have a look around.

But before we can go anywhere, we are greeted by two approaching men.

Posted Image

Posted Image Certainly. If you could direct me to an affordable Inn I would much appreciate it.

Posted Image We have many Inns for the frugal adventurer. The Red Sheaf has basic rooms, though the clientele is a touch rowdy. There is also the Burning Wizard and the Jovial Juggler, which also have finer suites. The Red Sheaf is near the center of town, as is the Burning Wizard. The Jovial Juggler is a bit further along, and sits on the southern edge of the city.

Posted Image I need some well-made weapons and armor. Do you have a good Smithy?

Posted Image We have the best smithy in all the Realms. Taerom "Thunderhammer" Fuiruim runs the Thunderhammer Smithy in the eastern side of town. He has a few exceptional items as well, though you could also check Feldepost's Inn. They carry trophy items, though you had best be rich as kings. Feldepost's Inn is in the west, closer to the south edge of town.

Posted Image Thanks for your help.

Posted Image No problem, friend. Enjoy your stay.

Posted Image Wait... no, wait... can I ask you something?

Posted Image Absolutely, what is bugging you?

Posted Image It looks like you haven't been in Beregost for a long time... Maybe you need a skillful wanderer... I can handle this wonder nicely...

Posted Image Are you talking about this flail?

Posted Image Certainly, about it and myself...

Posted Image I hope that you're really good with it, come on.

Posted Image I'm very glad to join you, Beregost is a nice town, but I'm being drawn to adventures...

Posted Image Is there anything else?

Posted Image Uhm... how should I tell you... At Feldepost's I pledged my favourite flail, you know, I needed money for a living... If we get some gold, I could take it back...

Posted Image How much then?

Posted Image At least 1000 gp... Eekhm... I also commissioned an armor at Taerom's smithy... For 5000 gp... I don't even know how I would be able to pay for it... However he told me the job would take much time to finish due to my orders...

Posted Image There will be plenty of time to think about it. Let's move.

Posted Image Will, Will... I have been looking for you for quite some time... oh... I found something that probably belongs to you...

Posted Image Don't say a word... you found my ring, didn't you, brother?

Posted Image Ah, yes, here is your los...

Posted Image Thanks, good friend (in fact, I'm sure you personally took it off of my finger). I need it.

Posted Image You're welcome, good bye.

Gameplay note: See, we kill one bard and another one crops up in his place. They're like rats! Lets take a look at this one.

Posted Image

Will has higher strength and lower charisma, and low abilities otherwise all around. He looks really smug for a dude who's pretty average. Big thing to note here is that he's almost ready to level, just needs 250 more xp. Also, he's a troubadour.

Posted Image

You can imagine him at later levels, dual-wielding flails and wading into melee combat like some kind of twirling dervish. He could even wield the Flail of Ages, if he lives that long... He comes with standard equipment, and a ring that is unidentified. Wouldn't he know his own ring? Oh well.

I'm not sure if its a plus or a minus that he has 6,000 gold worth of equipment waiting for him to pick up. He's definitely not going to see that shit soon, though!

You guys mind Will Scarlet? Or should we drop him off at the nearest inn?

#47 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

The thread voted to keep him for the moment, and they all spazzed out over the Scarlet Rush power that gives everyone an extra attack per round.

#48 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

Posted Image

9 Mirtul, 1369

Beregost is a pretty big city - at least compared to Candlekeep. It's going to take a long time to explore this whole place! I walk into town, wide-eyed. Not two minutes into the town, I encounter a lady in distress.

Posted Image

Posted Image You think I can help you in any way? Maybe you should tell me what happened then.

Posted Image My neighbor, Eltolth... he's inside the house... Please follow me! I will show you!

We follow her inside the house, where we see something... weird.

Posted Image

Posted Image Er... You mean the slime, yes? Is... was that your neighbor?

Posted Image Yes, I fear so. Have a look at this empty bottle...

Posted Image I found this empty flask on the floor. Seems like he drank sometihing... Oh my!

Posted Image *blushes slightly* Normally, I wouldn't go straight into his house. But, I had an appointment with him, and nobody answered the door... I started to worry...

Posted Image Please have a look around. I'm sure Eltolth wouldn't mind, if it helps you to find a hint of what happened here. Please, find a way to restore him!

Posted Image Thank you very much in advance. I don't want to leave him alone right now.

I take a look at the bottle she gave us.

Posted Image

No warranty! Blast! Imoen starts ransacking the room, and stops by the slime to check it out closer.

Posted Image

Posted Image *Poke it*

Posted Image *The slime wobbles in something that could be interpreted as indignation.*

Posted Image *Look at the slime*

Posted Image *You take a close look.*

Posted Image *Half sunken into the slime you notice a diary. The pages are unharmed.*

Posted Image

Tulbor, the usual place, cheaper potions. That does not sound good at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes, we found this diary. There is someone called "Tulbor" mentioned. You do not happen to know anything about this person, by any chance?

Posted Image "Tulbor...?" No, I am sorry. I've never heard of such a person. But please, do not give up the search!

Poking the slime again and looking into the other room don't yield any more clues, so we tell the lady we'll be back if we hear anything else and head out. I ask Will to show us where the smithy is, because we have some equipment to sell. He shows us the quickest way. On the way, Imoen talks to some passers-by. She's a real social butterfly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taerom has a wide selection of weapons and armor, including masterwork weapons. They cost about 1500 gold though, which is way out of our budget for right now. What is in our budget, however, is a Large Shield for Khalid. It only costs 30 gold!

Posted Image

As much as I'd like to stay in the city and find that Tulbor fellow, and of course explore, kill the spiders in that lady's house, and all the other things we could possibly do, the silent stares of Jaheira and Khalid urge me onward, and I find myself at the southern end of the city preparing to leave.

Posted Image

Just stick to the road and everything will be fine. 8 hours of sticking to the road later, we pass a child standing beside it.

Posted Image

Posted Image Do your parents know where you are?

Posted Image Momma thinks I'm playin' at Betsie Finkle's house, but her grandma smells funny so I never go over there. I just told momma I was there so she wouldn't worry. I'll pick some fruit or berries or whatever, and momma can make pies to sell or something. I'm safe, cuz I'm small and quick.

Holy shit kid, I'm about to say, when he disappears. I guess he is small and quick. Hopefully he won't get murdered. We follow the road south, as quietly as possible. Unfortunately we find some freshly-killed people and the Ogrillon that did it right in the road.

Posted Image

I tell Imoen to use the artifact she made on the ogrillons, hoping it would be offensive in nature. She does, but the magic goes to her instead of them.

Posted Image

She, laughs, twirls around, and looses another arrow. This girl is never going to learn the danger of magic. But in a few seconds, the monsters are down, so all is still well in the world.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: I've never actually seen Imoen's sub-quest with the book before. It looks like it's a once-a-day potion of master thievery. Although, does a potion of master thievery do more than raise DEX by 1 point? I coulda sworn it does.

On the bodies of the monsters we find a poorly-written letter.

Posted Image

Honest enough he was, I guess, but still dead. We'll have to get this to the right person, assuming we can find out who that is. We keep following the road south, when we are stopped by some very heavily-armed guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image You have obviously been standing in the sun for too long, soldier, as your head has clearly overheated. I suggest that you cease this foolishness, and let us pass. We are expected by the mayor of Nashkel, himself.

Posted Image The mayor of Nashkel himself, eh?

Posted Image You've got the wrong guys; we're not part of any bandit gang.

Posted Image Really now, and why should we believe you?

Posted Image If we were bandits, why were we walking out in the open? Come on, just let us go, we're not the people you're looking for.

Posted Image All right, maybe I was wrong about the bunch of you. You're free to go.

Those guys really piss me off. Who do they think they are, stopping innocent civilians who are just trying to walk down the road? It's the Monk trying to keep us down, all over again! We continue walking south until we see another road sign. We're definitely on the right path!

Posted Image

We continue south for the next four hours. Eventually we come to a bend in the road that goes between two cliffs. I feel an ambush coming on, so I send my cat out ahead.

Posted Image

The trail wanders to the west, and my cat follows it. Soon enough she sees some hobgoblins lying in wait on the road, just as I feared.

Posted Image

I step out in front of everyone, telling them to hang back, I got this. Confidently I stroll up, and just within range, I call upon the weave through a Nahal's Reckless Dweomer to cast Grease on the hobgoblins. Instead of that, though, the magic refreshes all my spells.

Posted Image

Since I had just cast that one spell, I think the magic was trying to tell me that Grease was not appropriate for the occasion. I retreat back and ponder the lessons learned today as the rest of the party advances on the hobgoblins. But I'm too impatient to meditate, so after a few seconds I try to cast Grease again.

Posted Image

Spectral fingers appear over the furthest hobgoblin, and a lightning bolt flies across the ground, killing him instantly. Ahh, now I see! Forget crowd control, just go for the kill! Oh, the magic is wise! I throw an Azragan's next. The hobgoblin explodes in a shower of icy chunks.

Posted Image

HAHA! Oh yes, long will I remember the lessons of this day! Mine enemies shall all be as ICY CHUNKS! Haiass takes out the last monster, and I giggle apprecatively. ICY CHUNKS!

#49 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

We loot and move on down the road, now heading west. Soon we run into a couple of kobolds.

Posted Image

We cut them down and take their short swords before they can so much as blink. Right after that, we run into a green-looking dude, but he doesn't want to fight.

Posted Image

Posted Image I would have sworn that you're a half-orc, when seeing you from a distance, but your appearance does not match your looks.

Posted Image Forgive my talkativeness. I know I can't conceal my orcish heritage, and it's given me a lot of unnecessarily unpleasant confrontations in the past.

Posted Image Well then, now I will leave and continue on my way to Baldur's Gate, where my beloved is waiting!

Heh, half-orcs falling in love. Next you'll see dogs and cats living... oh. Right. I have just gotten used to the idea of half-orcs loving other half-orcs when another crazy thing happens.

Posted Image

Posted Image Sure, what's the rules and reward for winning.

Posted Image I win and you give me 20 gold. In the unlikely event that one of you bests me, I'll pledge my sword to your cause.

Posted Image Sounds good to us.

Posted Image Will your champion step forward? I only fight men, so your women will have to be satisfied with just watching. Don't entertain any thoughts about cheating. If any of the rest of you try to interfere in this fight I'll kill them outright.

Khalid steps up to the challenge, immediately starting to duel. I am pretty impressed, actually. I guess he's accustomed to dealing with strong women.

Posted Image

I motion to Will to play a little something as background music. He gets the idea and starts in with his Scarlet Rush. There is a lot of whiffing, a little bit of clanging, but Khalid gets in the first hit.

Posted Image

And the only hit necessary, it turns out.

Posted Image

Posted Image Good, you had better prove your worth.

Posted Image Of course I'll prove my worth! It won't be too hard in this group.

Honestly, she's got a point. I decide to let her take Xzar's place.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Our paths must run apart for a while. If I should need your help again, though, we should rendezvous at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost.

Posted Image Hooray! A way in which I can be useful to our happy family! And without having to spend any more time in the company of fools.

Gameplay note: Well, we now have our very own psychotic bitch! Hooray!

Posted Image

That STR score is 18/58, sorry about the font. Her CON is pretty low for a fighter, and INT pretty high. Her Sellsword kit is interesting.

Posted Image

I don't know if you caught on, but Shar-teel is a big lady. She comes with studded leather armor, a helmet, and a two-handed sword.

Posted Image

2D6 damage. Pretty powerful stuff.

We keep running into so many new characters its hard to keep up with them all. Thankfully we have managed to keep some alive long enough so that we can send one back to the Inn. I chose the Jovial Juggler to send Xzar to because it is the closest Inn to get to from our current position as almost at Nashkel. If you would prefer Xzar to Shar-teel we can easily go pick him up again. Let me know your opinions on the subject.

#50 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

The consensus of the thread was summed up as "Let's see how long this psycho bitch lives before we think of switching her out with Xzar or someone else."

#51 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

The thread voted to keep him for the moment, and they all spazzed out over the Scarlet Rush power that gives everyone an extra attack per round.

Was the spazzing about how good it is, or how absurdly overpowered it is? :P

#52 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Definitely about how overpowered it is, heh.

#53 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Posted Image

9 Mirtul, 1369

When we meet Shar-Teel we are most of the way to Nashkel.

Posted Image

We just have to go a little further down the road, and 8 more hours of uneventful travel lay ahead of us. We cautiously make our way southwest, and are immediately set upon by bandits!

Posted Image

They aren't a threat. After we take care of business, we meet an extremely well-dressed man. You know, for being a perilous journey full of bandit problems this road is freakin' busy.

Posted Image

Posted Image Bah! I have heard of such a city but I have my doubts as to whether it even exists!

Posted Image Perhaps not yet, but soon.

Gameplay note: Yes people, Bioware was planning to make Neverwinter Nights even back in 1998. Strange that I still prefer Infinity Engine games to Aurora Engine games though.

Posted Image

We continue south, and travel another 8 hours, finally coming to the quaint little town of Nashkel.

Nashkel introduction movie! (Which also brings us to Chapter 3)

We arrive at night, and are greeted with a grisly scene.

Posted Image

Posted Image Who poisoned you?

Posted Image They... I... I've stolen some herbs from Seniyad... give me... give.. wa... wate...

Posted Image Death

I rush over to the man, but it is too late. He is already gone. I look at his corpse, and find some strange herbs on it.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: Ok, that is an impressive backstory for a leaf. All that to know that it is worth about 200 flasks of potion? The others are less in-depth, as it were.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, if this guy stole these herbs from Seniyad, I suppose we should find this Seniyad and return the herbs, eh? Too bad there's no way to know where she could be in this whole wide world.

As I walk across the small bridge leading into town, I feel as though my wolf is somehow different.

Posted Image

The little guy seems stronger, faster, more competent somehow.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: Woot! 30 hit points! He's been indispensible in battle so far, and now he will be even more terrifying against bandits and wild dogs.

I am glad, as always, to have him on my side. Unfortunately we get harrassed by some heavily-armed men again, as soon as we step across the bridge.

Posted Image

Posted Image I am Syvishtar and this is my band of fellow adventurers. I hear that this is a troubled region as of late. Allow me to put ourselves at your disposal during our stay here.

Posted Image If you're seeking to resolve troubles, welcome. If you're seeking to cause them, kindly take it elsewhere... Things are not good here, Syvishtar.

Posted Image What things aren't good? All I have heard are rumors and vague suspicions.

Posted Image Aye, what IS good around here, anymore? Our iron is rotten and there is talk of demons in the mines. The lower levels have been all but abandoned until this crisis passes. And then there is the question of Commander Brage... Ack, they have stripped him of that title but I use it yet... He killed his wife and children in a rage one night and all who saw him. Then he tore himself away and headed for the hills. He is out there still and still we mourn, as much for him as for those he's taken... Fie on you, now! You have brought tears to the eyes of a soldier!

Posted Image Oh, these tender males of Nashkel! One's gone off his rocker, and another weeps over his fate! I hope that nobody *here* dares to tell me that men are the stronger sex!

Posted Image I doubt anyone will tell you anything at all.

I laugh to myself. Iceburn on the psychobitch. Although she got in a few good digs on the law as well. When are these people going to leave us alone?

Oh, I shouldn't forget about what the guy said. Demons in the mines. A crazed family-killing watch commnander. This place seems pretty harsh.

As always, Imoen gets friendly with the locals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We see a sign for a store, and go in to do some business. We're greeted with yet another story.

Posted Image

We sell and have enough gold to buy Shar-Teel some decent splint mail armor. She can wear plate, but plate costs 1800 gold. Judging by the prices on all the equipment around here, either the iron shortage is really messing with the economy or everybody is unbelievably rich outside of Candlekeep.

In order to placate Jaheira, we next go to see the mayor. We find him walking the road, bow in hand. I like this guy's style. Very hands-on. Proactive. Probably watching our every move.

Posted Image

Posted ImageWhat exactly is the trouble here?

Posted Image I can't believe you haven't guessed. Have you heard of the iron shortage? Well, Nashkel is in the thick of it. Our mine is all but shut down because the workers continually go missing, and what ore we do get is tainted somehow. I would send in the town guards, but we need them to protect our citizens from the bandits that raid our caravans. We need you to find out what is wrong in the mines southeast of town.

Posted ImageI will do what I can.

Posted Image Thank you. You will be the toast of the town if you can help.

Posted Image Onwards we march then, Syvishtar. As this is your first mission, I fear that my skills as a healer will be heavily tested. Nevertheless, I will try to return all of us to Berrun still in one piece and victorious.

Gameplay note: Ok, we have some decisions to make. The quests are piling up and our next direction is a little unclear. I felt obligated to go down to Nashkel to talk to the mayor to placate Jaheira and Khalid. There was a four day countdown starting when Jaheira's last comment about going to Nashkel played back up at the Friendly Arm Inn, and they would either complain again or just up and leave after time was up. But now that we satisfied their impatience we're free to go back and pick up loose ends. We could also just dive right into the Nashkel mines for our first big dungeon crawl. Thirdly, Minsc is in this town. We could meet up with him and help him go save his witch! But remember that the entire party is still level 1.

SO, which direction would you prefer to see the party go now?

1. Back to Beregost: We need to tie up loose ends up there, visit the Temple of Lathander, visit High Hedge and attempt to bribe the flesh golem away from Thalantyr with all these gems that are completely filling Imoen's backpack, buy some spells, get some easy xp, and try to level up a bit before we tramp off into the wilderness.

2. West with Minsc: Butt-kicking for goodness! I want to see Minsc's class right now! And Dynaheir's too. Plus that long, long trek out west is going to be fun. Remember we have to pass by the xvart village and they all run out after us? Good times! We could probably find and kill that white wolf the shopkeeper mentioned while we're at it.

3. Down to Demons: We must solve this Iron Crisis ASAP. Jaheira and Khalid need to see that we aren't weak and indecisive. We can take care of business just like the best of adventurers. Onward to the Nashkel mines! Besides, we can pick up Xan the Bladesinger at the end, someone who I personally hope to make a permanent addition to the party.

#54 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

The general consensus of the thread was to go back to Beregost and do what we can there, then do Nashkel and kick out Khalid and Jaheria afterwards. Then we do Minsc and kick him and Dynaheir out afterwards as well. We go searching for more new NPCs wherever we can find them.

#55 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

10 Mirtul, 1369

After realizing just what would be required of us to end the Iron Crisis (demons in the mines!), I have some second thoughts and sit down to discuss things with my companions. After much deliberation, we all agree that we need to gather together as many resources as possible - perhaps to buy more spells for myself, or better armor or weapons for others. We decide to head back to Beregost and take care of the odd jobs around that way, then come back to Nashkel and solve the demon problem later. Will Scarlet mentions a wizard living just west of Beregost, at High Hedge, who might be able to give us some equipment, so we decide to stop by there first.

Posted Image

However, 10 hours into the trip, we are waylaid by a pair of wolves.

Posted Image

They don't imemdiately seem to be hostile, but the Half Ogre that appears behind us does.

Posted Image

By the time we kill him, the two wolves have run off, never to be seen again.

Posted Image

Hmm. Weird. Jaheira sure likes the place, though. We continue on our journey.

Posted Image

When we arrive, it is dark, and we begin walking towards the large building in the area. We almost totally miss an elf standing in the trees. Turns out his name is Kivan.

Posted Image

Posted Image We're adventurers, on the lookout for evil to smite.

Posted Image A strange coincidence; I have a quest similar to your own. I have been hunting the bandits in the region for the past few months. Perhaps if we worked together we would fare better. What say you to that?

Posted Image Grasshopper, we do not need a man in the party. Moreover an elf who looks like he has not eaten a decent meal in days, but presumes that nobleness shines out of his ass!

Posted Image I hunt better alone, but in this fight I would welcome an ally. However, if you are not interested in joining the forces, I would not insist on traveling with you.

Posted Image We'll help you against the bandits, but only if you tell us why you've spent months hunting them.

Posted Image Their leader, an ogre named Tazok, took the life of someone very dear to me.

Posted Image Thanks for being honest. You can join our party.

Posted Image I hope that we will work well together.

We haven't even fought ten battles together, but Shar-Teel's attitude is really getting on my nerves. Has she forgotten that I am both a man and an elf? And what's this grasshopper bullshit? I have half a mind to turn her into slush, but one look at Imoen stops me. Instead I take her aside for a 'little talk.'

Posted Image Damn it, you lose one well-fought duel to an oafish lout of a man and you get attached. I almost hate to say it but you've earned my respect.

Posted Image Our paths must run apart for a while. If I should need your help again, though, we should rendezvous at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost.

Posted Image I will do so, but I hope to rejoin you soon. I do not yet hold my debt repayed [sic].

Whatever.

Gameplay note: Shar-Teel fans do not despair. Before I leave Beregost again I will visit the Jovial Juggler and we can customize our party to our heart's content before we head out. We will probably run into several more NPCs before Beregost is finished, and so the Jovial Juggler might be pretty crowded by that time. We'll have a lot of choice.

Now lets look at Kivan. He is an early-levels favorite for me simply because of the huge importance that ranged combat plays in the early game. The elf is a freakin' machine gun. Lets take a look at his record.

Posted Image

He's got extraordinary strength (18/17), which means he'd be great with a composite longbow. Good DEX too, and acceptable CON. Just enough WIS to be a ranger, and that's what he is, the Archer ranger kit. Also note that he is already level 2. This is a side-effect of the Level 1 NPCs mod that takes away xp from him until he has approximately the same amount that Syvishtar has, while letting him keep his level. This is the first time it gave us a level 2 guy, but it may do this again in the future. This guy is pretty amazing.

Posted Image

I once started (and abandoned) an elf-only run of an earlier version of the Big World Project. Kivan was the greatest asset of that group. He comes with studded leather, a longbow, 20 arrows, some (totally useless) bracers, and a spear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He has proficiencies to match, except he also has 2 points in two-weapon style as rangers always do. Too bad you can't dual-wield spears in this game. Or any game. Where's the spear-love, gaming industry?

Kivan also comes with two ranger abilities.

Posted Image

Charm animal does what it says, and I think Animal Empathy does the same thing almost. We can test it out in the field.

After picking up our new friend and exchanging a few pleasantries, we continue on to High Hedge. We are interrupted once again, however, by the loudest thief ever.

Posted Image

Posted Image Huh, this guy throws a hissy fit 'cause a few words broke the silence of the woods? I wanna see him in Puffguts' kitchens on the night of the Midsummer feast! He'd probably lose his mind and start screaming or somethin'. Heh, he'd fit right in!

Posted Image Of course you can't hear a word you're thinking. You have to say it out loud, first.

Posted Image Okay, okay, here's the plan: There's a big-time mage living just over that rise. Magic items scattered all over the place, I'm betting... Trouble is, he's got these two hideous flesh monsters guarding him and no shadows where I can lurk! Brute force is useless against the monsters, everything is useless. There must be a way to outwit the witless but damned if I know how... Ah hell, I guess I'd be better off just finding a halfling village somewhere to pick on. This dive is all yours.

Posted Image I have met the mage, Thalantyr, before. He is a good man, and I will not stand for an assault on him. It is worthwhile to visit him, however, and perhaps trade with him, Syvhishtar. He will be interested in magical items, if we ever have them in surplus.

Posted Image He's got plenty of scratch, I'll give him that.

We go into the High Hedge and immediately speak to the mage there.

Posted Image

Posted Image I hoped for a warmer welcome for my company, Thalantyr. You once offered me your roof, or have you forgotten?

Posted Image Elf! The name is Kivan, if I am not mistaken. Bah! That's a proper treatment for you, if you stand in the corner with your cowl covering your face. But I never thanked you properly... Come, come, I'll show you what I have done with the spear you broke on these bothersome bandits who tried to force their way in. I am quite happy with the way the enchantment has turned out. I don ot craft weapons, mind you. Bah! It's a gift. Take it, take it, elf.

Gameplay note: And with that, our party gets its first MAGICAL WEAPON!

Posted Image

Great for rooting some pesky bugger who is coming after your Archer before moving back further and plinking his ass to death. Plink! Plink! Plink! That's the sound that Kivan makes when he's owning. Did I mention that I really liked the guy?

As a powerful mage, Thalantyr's opinion of me is very important to me. Maybe some day he can become a member of my party and Scribe out all the spells he knows to me. So I check it with my ability.

Posted Image

Unfriendly Neutral. That's just about even, at 50. With enough treasure we can bring it up to Close and then he's mine! I load myself up with necklaces and try to woo him in a totally non-gay way.

Posted Image

Ouch. He must be too high-level for our sweet-as silver necklace collection. Oh well, we can try to find higher-level necklaces that will catch his discerning eye. I wonder how his flesh golem feels about the gems Imoen has collected? I load myself up with them and then try to Show Friendship to the golem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What?! All this hoarding and there's nothing it wants from me? I'm offended, quite frankly offended. In revenge, I sell all the gems for cash! When I'm done, I have enough money (150 gp) to buy half of a level 1 spell. Sighing, I leave for Beregost. On the way out, however, we are attacked by a Huge Spider.

Posted Image

It is a tough little bugger but doesn't hurt us any. We continue on to Beregost. A quick 8 hours later we are back in the City of Several Streets.

Posted Image

I ask Will how we could best find this Tulbor fellow that turned the other dude into a slime, and he suggests going to look in all the Inns. That sounds like a great idea, so we start with the Inn in the northern building cluster. On the way over, we talk to a few of the locals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH. This isn't an Inn. Looks like a pretty nice house, though.

Posted Image

I motion for Imoen to go talk nice to the people here.

Posted Image

Posted Image My apologies! I must have the wrong address. I will leave immediately.

Posted Image And well you should! If my husband were to catch you here, it would surely be the end of you!

Imoen gives me a look like I'm completely psycho and that we should leave immediately. So we do.

#56 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

We continue to explore until Imoen starts up a conversation with a little girl standing in the street.

Posted Image

Imoen disappears into the house before I can even say anything. Why is she going to give me those looks and then just do the same thing anyway?

Posted Image

Posted Image I beg your pardon, my lady?

Posted Image You heard me perfectly. At least have the decency to wipe your shoes before going upstairs.

Posted Image *sigh*

With little else to do, Imoen goes upstairs.

Posted Image

Posted Image We just talked to your wife and she said...

Posted Image Oh, don't try that one on me! We know all perfectly well that *she* is hiding it! Tell her it's getting her nowhere. We have to sell it!

Posted Image Why are you telling me that?

Posted Image Ha! Guess the whole street knows it already. Is it shameful to sell possessions because you don't have enough money? It's not my fault the horse stepped on my foot. Now, please! I want to rest a bit. Goodbye.

Posted Image Could we help you in any way?

Posted Image Yes. Go down to her and tell her to stop hiding it! Goodbye.

Imoen goes back downstairs to talk to Mrs. Dudley again.

Posted Image

Posted Image You seem to be missing something. Can we help you in any way?

Posted Image I won't say anything further. Go back to him and leave me in peace.

Imoen comes back outside and talks to the girl again.

Posted Image

Posted Image I indeed did "talk" to your parents... Seems they are missing something?

Posted Image Ye-es... Did they tell you that? What did they say?

Posted Image They didn't tell me, to be honest. I figured it out from what they said. Do you know anything about it?

Posted Image Mom said we need some money to pay for the house... But we lost the necklace that could be sold.

Posted Image Ah, so it's a *necklace*! Well, I have the impression that both your mom and dad think the other one is hiding it... Do you have an idea where it could be?

Posted Image Me? No... no, why should I?

Imoen frowns a bit and then goes back into the house without even looking at me. I follow inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image Your daughter mentioned you are missing a necklace.

Posted Image Did she tell you that? *sigh* Poor girl. Her father doesn't think of what he is doing to her. He doesn't think of what he is doing to *us*, by hiding that pearl necklace!

Posted Image Can I help you in any way?

Posted Image No, I don't think so. I am sorry, I don't mean to offend you, but even our friends couldn't talk any sense into him... I do apologize for my unfriendly behavior. I imagined that you were his friends when you came in the first time. I thank you for your offer of help, but please leave us alone now.

Posted Image If it's only money that you miss, maybe I could give you some?

Posted Image Ah... no, no, thank you. We have enough money. At least we *would* have... Never mind. It is not your problem.

Imoen and I have a short conference. I'm rather shocked about her offer to give the people money, but she just shrugs. She says these people's problems simply interest her. I suggest we go back upstairs to talk to the Mr. Dudley again.

Posted Image

Posted Image From talking to your wife I got the impression that she thinks that *you* are hiding the necklace!

Posted Image That's ridiculous! Why should I do that? It is actually hers, to be precise, old family jewelry... *sigh* It's not easy for a man to admit that he is not capable of providing for his family any longer. She agreed to sell the pearls. Really brave woman she is, my Margareth! But *sigh* she somehow changed her mind, and now it's gone. Haven't talked to her for over a week now! This situation is unbearable. Please, leave an old man with is sorrow. Good day to you.

Posted Image If it's only money you are missing, maybe I could give you some?

Posted Image Ah? Oh, thank you for that... er, kind offer. But she would never accept that, my Margareth... No, she wouldn't.

I give a look to Imeon, who rolls her eyes. We both go back downstairs to talk to Mrs. Dudley.

Posted Image

Posted Image Your husband told us the missing necklace belongs to you.

Posted Image Did he? Well, at least he seems to remember... Although that doesn't help, if he doesn't *give* it to me!

Posted Image But he said that he has no reason to hide it... And that you agreed on selling it too, but then you changed your mind.

Posted Image *I* changed my mind? *I* changed by mind? One evening we discussed the necessity of selling my... *sob* my grandmother's necklace, and the next morning he hid it! We will lose the house because we can't pay our last debt on it. I really don't blame him that he's no longer capable of earning as much as he did. I haven't talked to that stubborn husband of mine for several days now. I... I can't take this any longer... *sob* Please, leave me in peace...

Posted Image I have the impression we are running in circles here. There must be a different solution to this.

Posted Image Poor Annie... What will become of her... *sob*

Imoen and I look at each other. We are pretty sure we know who the perp is by this time. We go back outside.

Posted Image

Posted Image Annie, from what your mom said, I have the strong impression "someone" took the necklace from its place that particular night... Don't you think it's time to give it back to your mom?

Posted Image But I.. I.. *sob* I don't *want* the necklace to be sold! It's the last piece we have from Grandma and I.. I.. I thought they would find another way and I *sob* I took it when they were sleeping and now they are so angry and everything is so bad... *sob*

Posted Image Oh, poor child. Hush, everything will be all right. Hiding the necklace doesn't help, Annie. Go inside and give it back. Some things have to be done, even if it hurts.

Posted Image May.. *sob* Maybe you are right. Oh, I hope mom won't be too angry!

#57 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Annie goes inside the house, and I motion for everyone to follow to see the grand finale.

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes. It's a wonder how childishly some adults behave.

Imoen gives me a dirty look and speaks up.

Posted Image I really want to see you people happy. Do you have an honest buyer for your necklace?

Posted Image Well, we will go to someone we know in private... It's always not so good to do money business with people you know, but it's...

Posted Image Good gracious, do you want to tell every detail of our money misery?

Posted Image We are very grateful for what you did for us, but we need some time to discuss the proceedings further... I do apologize, but it was a very anxious time we had.

Posted Image I am sorry to interfere so much with your private problems, but I actually am looking for a nice pearl necklace for a, er... friend. Would you sell the necklace to me for... let's say 600 gp?

Posted Image 600 gp?! That is... that is much more than we would get from the other seller.

Posted Image Thank you very much, this is a very honorable offer. Yet we do not want to trouble you that much. We...

Posted Image Margareth, what are you saying? Didn't you hear what was said? Why shouldn't we sell it now? We couldn't buy it back from Edgar anyhow.

Posted Image Honey, please. I am not so stupid as to think...

Posted Image Margareth, come aside for a short moment.

Posted Image *whisperwhisper* ...money directly and... *mumblemumble* ...you never know whether Edgar... *whisperwhisper*...

Posted Image Yes, but *whisperwhisper*...

Posted Image Margareth, please *whisperwhisper*... Annie, hm?

Posted Image Well *whisperwhisper* *sob* You are so right, my dear. But only *whisperwhisper*...

Posted Image You are the wisest of all, my lovely wife. That is exactly how we will do it.

Posted Image All right, amicable helper. We finally decided to accept your offer, but not for the 600 you offered. Five hundred, it will be. This is still a very generous trade for us, and we are very well aware of the fact that you know that... *ahem*.

Posted Image Ah, it seems I don't have enough money right now. I will come back later!

I rush everybody back outside and have a very serious whispered conversation with Imoen. I tell her that we're poor, but she doesn't seem to care. I tell her that we need weapons, not jewelry, right now, but she doesn't seem to care either. All she says back to me is "What about little ol' Annie?" I don't really have a response to that. Apparently we now owe some people 500 gold! I'm never letting Imoen go into another house again.

Gameplay note: We will undoubtedly get xp and a rep increase for completing this quest when we have enough money. But this post is getting to be 300 lines long now so I'm going to stop it here. I'll immediately continue on with exploring Beregost, but since we can't pay the cash right now you guys can also concurrently debate whether or not we should. Also, you can begin to debate how much you like or dislike Kivan. And you know, for being a Beregost local and a bard, Will Scarlet O'Hara has been pretty silent during this whole event. Doesn't he have opinions? Desires? Secret wishes? Talking to him does nothing either.

#58 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

For some reason people started disliking both Kivan and Will Scarlet O'Hara soon after this. Not sure why.

#59 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

11 Mirtul, 1369

Somehow Imoen convinced me that the best way to find Tulbor is to conduct a house-to-house search. So despite my, and her, earlier misgivings about doing this, we do it anyways. In the next house we search, we catch a kid about do something.

Posted Image

No Tulbor though, so we go to the next house.

Posted Image

And strangely enough, two seconds later, "Daddy" does come in!

Posted Image

No time to do anything but defend ourselves. Arrows and spells go flying. Jaheira in particular leads with Sunscorch. Daddy immediately starts laying out the serious hurt, smashing down his mighty weapon on Jaheira, on Kivan, and on Will Scarlet. Will can't take it and drops to the ground. Kivan manages to drink a healing potion, but Jaheira gets scared and doesn't. A few seconds later Daddy takes her out as well.

Posted Image

Khalid and Haiass try to get the monster's attention but it turns on Imoen next, knocking her down to 1 hit point. She gets scared and runs. There's no room to maneuver in this killbox. My Azragan's hits, but I have no idea what it does to him.

Posted Image

Khalid screams out "Jah... Jaheira... no. NO!" and redoubles his attack. Kivan shoots steadily, pumping arrows into the monstrosity. I prepare another spell, but it's too late. Khalid gets the killing blow.

Posted Image

On the corpse of "Daddy" I find a magical two-handed sword, and a magical pair of gauntlets. I'll have to identify these later.

Posted Image

I tell Imoen and Khalid to search the room to the west, and give a significant look to Kivan. He looks at the corpses on the floor, and then back to me. He understands what must be done. Together, we attack the demon child.

Posted Image

We push the corpse underneath a nearby table. Something that the demon child had said bothers me in the back of my mind, and I sit staring into the fireplace for... some time.

When Imoen and Khalid come back into the room, I realize what it is. "He called to mommy. Mommy is upstairs. What kind of demon-spawn would marry that thing that just killed our friends?" We look at each other. Imoen passes her ice arrows wordlessly to Kivan, who stoically equips them. Khalid passes a spare healing potion to Imoen, and they both drink. "We know what we must do. And we know we must never, ever, ever tell anyone," I say. Khalid nods wordlessly. He goes upstairs first.

Posted Image

Mommy is there. Mommy begins praying to whatever dark god she serves. We attack as one.

Posted Image

I say a silent prayer to the magic for the fellow elf Kivan as his expertly-placed ice arrows disrupt Mommy's profane prayer.

Posted Image

Imoen goes in close with her short sword. Kivan and I attack in our ancestral idiom. Khalid and my cat viciously swipe at Mommy. Haiass, trapped behind the balustrade, whines eagerly for a chance to taste her blood. Eventually, we take her down.

Posted Image

I begin to giggle as I whisper to myself. "We killed Daddy, we killed Mommy, so they wouldn't kill us first." It has a nice rhythm, so I repeat it several more times as I'm examining the corpse of Mommy. Mommy's got some nice boots.

Posted Image

Mommy was also carrying a magical quarterstaff in her obscene hands. Including Will's ring, I have four different magical objects to study when we have some time. When we have some rhyme. When we have some time to rhyme, thyme, slime, mine, whine. Imoen touches my arm, startling me. She says the Song of the Morning Temple is just to the east of town. She says we're going there. We head out, pout, spout.

We walk out onto the street and head east, and I hear a short conversation ahead of me.

Posted Image Your company is a w-welcome part of this group.

Posted Image We must not waste time on idle chatter.

Gameplay note: Something I wish they would have kept in for BGII is the little comments that the characters say to each other when they're not in combat, like Khalid and Kivan's short conversation above. That was not a conversation window, they just did that as they were walking down the street. Especially hilarious is getting Viconia and Xan in a party together. She constantly taunts him with drow-related cruelty and he brushes her off like she's some kind of retarded child.

The Song of the Morning Temple is to the east of Beregost on the world map, but it takes 0 hours to get there, so basically they just ran out of room on the map.

Posted Image

Walking up to the temple makes me feel better. I am suffused with a sensation of peace, of perspective, as if everything will be well. I sigh once, and feel more focused. I walk into the temple with hope.

Temple of Lathander mood music

Gameplay note: I really like this temple. Its quite pretty, and the sirines are a nice touch. Even though its not as lavish as the Temple of Lathander in Amn, I like it better.

Posted Image

Posted Image Fair is your temple and full of hope, priest.

Posted Image And have you forsaken hope, my son?

Posted Image I have hope, but it lies beyond this plane, Keldath Ormlyr.

Posted Image Gaze upon the sun as it rises, elf. It is born anew every morn - here and everywhere in this world... on this plane. Rejoice, for you are blessed by its rays.

We have 180 gold, enough to raise Jaheira, but not Will. Jaheira seems to not appreciate dying.

Posted Image

She does, however, seem to appreciate the Boots of the Forgotten Ones. With them she can memorize 7 spells. She chooses 6 Cure Light Wounds and one Bless. We ask the priest if we can spend the night in the temple, and he graciously agrees. I overhear a conversation as we are getting ready for bed.

Posted Image

Posted Image Oh, well, yeah... sorry 'bout that, Kivan! I don't mean to intrude, or anything... but... um... what's that pendant on your neck?

Posted Image A ranger's insignia, Imoen.

Posted Image Uhm? What?

Posted Image *sighs* It is customary for a ranger to choose an animal to identify himself as he walks the land.

Posted Image I would carve or paint it as my mark to let others know my trail. This will help others to discover my fate if I become lost or will tell a weary traveler who had done him the kindness of equippiing a road cabin with food and firewood.

Posted Image Interesting. Yours looks like an eagle to me.

Posted Image Falcon, to be more precise. It is not an unusual choice for a foolish youngster who dreams of valor and great feats.

Posted Image You think you were a bit of a dreamer in your youth? Anyhow, it looks pretty, this carving. Rogues should get one, too! Actually, I remember there was a legend of a thief who left an imprint of a crimson cloak as his signature!

Posted Image Hmm, what would I choose for a sigil? Oh, I know! Guess, Kivan, what will be my sign?

Posted Image A sly red fox?

I grin to myself. Imoen might get some ranger action. That night, I dream a dark, disturbing dream. I awake feeling refreshed, invigorated, with new purpose.

Gameplay note: I also have a new ability!

Posted Image

This is part of the Revised Bhaalpowers mod by aVENGER. It's cooler than Larloch's Minor Drain, the original power we would have gotten at this time, because it scales with level. This is also the eeeevil Bhaalspawn power. We got it because our reputation was below average, because we killed the demon child. I do not regret it.

I know now what I must do. Whatever it takes. With a vigor, I set about identifying items, the staff first.

Posted Image

When I realize what the staff can do, I am first repulsed by it. But then I think of it in the new context of power. It could be useful, in the right situation. Very useful. I will use this staff myself. I look at the ring next.

Posted Image

I realize that only Will can use this. I consider the pros and cons of leaving him dead and selling the ring for cash, or raising him and letting him use it. I will consider this further. Next day, I examine the sword.

Posted Image

When I finish identifying its properties, my mouth just drops open. This is huge! This is an army-destroying, destiny-making weapon. It just needs the right wielder, as a two-handed sword. Someone like Shar-Teel, or another. I must find someone to wield this sword for me in battle. I quickly turn to the gauntlets last.

Posted Image

This too! These are the weapons of my champion. A warrior wearing the Gauntlets of Ogre Power and wielding the Flame of the North would be unstoppable! Oh, if only Shar-Teel wasn't such a psychotic bitch...

Gameplay note: Ok guys, we hit the jackpot this time! And it only took the lives of 2 of our comrades. What do you think we should do next? Should we knight Shar-Teel with this amazing equipment and let her reave in our name? Should we kick this Will Scarlet guy to the curb and sell his ring, or save up to rez him? There are still at least four more NPCs available to recruit in Beregost. I plan to go through the town and collect them all, sending them to the Jovial Juggler. Then we can have a popularity contest for the composition of our new party. But that might be in one or two updates from now.

#60 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

We delayed the decision until after we picked up all the NPCs in Beregost. It turned out to be a pretty long list.