German sneaking into game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Ashannon-

-Ashannon-

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

After working through Shadowteks and William Inns wonderful installation hints, I finally got it all to work. However now I have this questline in the game I can't understand. I choose no foreign mods, but in the Friendly Arm Inn there is a gnome named Ygantius Bombastus who speaks only in German... I have also found a chap named Aiwell, and a werewolf in High Hedge and Thalantyr has German options.

How can I either remove this or translate it?

#2 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Try removing mods that are German but don't have a full English tranlation (Ascalon's Bregar/Questpack, among others). You can see this on the linklist by looking for mods that have a German flag but not an American flag by them.

Edited by William Imm, 17 January 2012 - 09:53 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#3 -Ashannon-

-Ashannon-

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Try removing mods that are German but don't have a full English tranlation (Ascalon's Bregar/Questpack, among others). You can see this on the linklist by looking for mods that have a German flag but not an American flag by them.

Ok, thought I didn't get any in the first place :( Now... how do you remove the mods? (Thank for all the help WI, you're quite the sanity saver)

#4 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Unforturnally, uninstalling mods in the BWP will most likely break the game. So, you either have to start all over without all those German mods, or live with the German. Also, stray away from all mods that do not have an English translation.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#5 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

After working through Shadowteks and William Inns wonderful installation hints, I finally got it all to work. However now I have this questline in the game I can't understand. I choose no foreign mods, but in the Friendly Arm Inn there is a gnome named Ygantius Bombastus who speaks only in German... I have also found a chap named Aiwell, and a werewolf in High Hedge and Thalantyr has German options.

How can I either remove this or translate it?

What about learning german?...;)

#6 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yes make sure that you pick the english mods, there listed as such, also when you install, add the "l" for english only install, for example "Sl"(standard install, english only) now if you do that and a mod still adds german, let me know what the mod is so I can warn people about it.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot