Photo

How to install

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hi, I found all the posts here a bit confusing, so if its helpful.. I'll post what I added to my BWP Install Guide.. as it took me a bit to figure it out... I'll repost what I wrote there...

I hope this post is ok.. if not I'll delete it. This was the way I found is the best and safest way to to it.. This guide I made is for newbies that only want to install existing IA mods.. with simple step by step instructions..

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING!

IA (Infinity Animations) Mods:
Ok, if you want the IA mods, you have to download them ALL.. plus its a great mod. then follow these instructions:

1. Download all IA mods
2. extract the Infinity Animations Core mod to a blank folder on your desktop.
3. Now pay attention.. extract all IA mods to the "content" folder in the IA core mod on your desktop, BUT you have to do it EXACTY LIKE THIS:

a) Open the file with winrar
b) goto the advance tab
c) check "Do not extract pathnames" This is VERY IMPORTANT!!
d) pick the content folder in the IA core mod on your desktop, extract there.
*Note: after you do this, look at the content folder in your IA core mod you just extracted to, if you see any folder in your content folder you did it wrong, if thats the case, copy the stuff in that sub-folder into the content folder and delete the sub-folder.

**Note: All IA mods work as above with the exception of two..

1. IA Content - BG2 Restores 2 this one you do as above, but extract to your restore directory..
2. IA Content: D2 Bear & Werebear is not a official part of IA, so you can add it as a normal mod.

Now move the all the content from the folder on your desktop to your "BWP/BGII - SoA" directory.

This way was how I found is the simplest way to do it that always works, I hope its cool I posted this.

Edited by ShadowTek, 05 January 2012 - 06:22 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#2 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I added this post to my sig.. again I hope this is ok with the wonderful creators of the Infinity Animations mod(s) I just wanted to spell out in clear terms how to install this wonderful mod!
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

No worries about posting this - it should be useful for some folks and looks accurate. The BWP used to do all this stuff automatically but I'm not sure if it does (or is up to date) anymore; in any case, some folks might want to know the manual details.

Note that most of this should be in the readme - or if it isn't, let me know what specifically it is lacking and I will add it (eventually).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

No worries about posting this - it should be useful for some folks and looks accurate. The BWP used to do all this stuff automatically but I'm not sure if it does (or is up to date) anymore; in any case, some folks might want to know the manual details.

Note that most of this should be in the readme - or if it isn't, let me know what specifically it is lacking and I will add it (eventually).

Cool thanks Miloch :) Its a awesome mod (essential, its in my sig under cool stuff :) )

Edited by ShadowTek, 16 January 2012 - 07:37 PM.

My Guides:

Main Stuff for BWP:

Cool Stuff:

#5 -goodwad-

-goodwad-

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thank you for posting, the thoroughness of this helped me immensely. Readme left me scratching my head.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

If there are specific parts of the readme that could be reworded or other information added, let me know and I will update it in the next release.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hey, just saw this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ianinja-v1.rar the same as bear and werebear in that you have to install it as a separate mod outside of IA, plus, you're only supposed to install it if you're also installing the Angelo mod?

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Mostly right, but ianinja is a patch to IA if you are using Angelo (installed after both). The Werebear mod is a separate mod that uses IA technology but is not by the IA authors (same as Pack Mule etc.).

#9 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks! I was just thinking, shouldn't that be mentioned in the first post then, though? Because unlike pack mules etc, those go directly into the content folder but werebears as well as the ianinja patch have their own setup. I mean I suppose you could tell just by unpacking the files and staring at them, but if this is supposed to be the installation guide for dummies*, well, never assume anything...

... also, would this be the place where I point out that werebear animations doesn't actually come with a separate WeiDU Installer to install the provided animations anymore? (SETUP-Bear_Animations_D2.exe according to the readme) It comes with a .tp2 file but no .exe that I can find.

* I am talking about myself here

Edited by Enkida, 19 February 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Pack Mule must have its own setup also, as it's not part of IA except that it uses IA technology. But yes, if you're not using BWP/BWS/BWFixpack then you'll need to manually apply any fixes. There are at least a few I can think of offhand that should be extracted prior to installation (the PST library fix, Sahuagin fix, Lizardman fix) and the ianinja gets installed after IA and Angelo, separately. Might be others - probably is easiest to get the BiG World Fixpack and apply the IA fixes from that (assuming it has all the latest ones) even if you are not using BWP/BWS. Yes, it might seem like a hassle, but there is a lot involved in the next update of this mod which will take some time. I suppose I could make a combined IA fixpack or the like at least (if I can find time for that :P).

Edited by Miloch, 19 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#11 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well, just for the record, packmule as is doesn't come shipping with its own setup file, either. I guess everybody out there is using BWP fixpack to install these instead of doing it by hand.

Which strikes me as something that should be right at the top of the first post in really big letters somewhere -> "use the BWP fixpack IA fixes to install"

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

If a mod ships with a .tp2 file but not an .exe then you just need to copy and paste WeiDU.exe (or some other mod's .exe) and rename it setup-modname.exe (where modname is the same as the tp2 name) and then use the .exe to install it.

#13 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wait, I take that back, I just found them. And thanks for the tip. :)

To make this post less cryptic and more in line with the "for dummies" theme, as I understood it:
After properly unpacking as per instructions above, place all the relevant folders in your game directory.

Install BWP Fixpackv11 -> IA component (plus whatever else you need).
Install IA setup.
Install werebear setup (you need to manually create the .exe file by copying WeiDU.exe from somewhere and renaming it after the .tp2: "setup-SETUP-Bear_Animations_D2.exe")
Install Angelo if you're using him.
Install ianinja patch if you're using Angelo.

Edited by Enkida, 19 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#14 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

I don't think the Fixpack contains the ianinja fix, nor the Sonner fix (aka PST library fix). Also, I think the library fix should be extended to include the orcs/pesants that hold Aerie's key in the illusionary circus.

EDIT: Actually, IAninja is included, but the Sonner fix is not...

Edited by William Imm, 27 February 2012 - 01:59 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#15 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

I don't know what to think of it, probably a fix added in the latest BWP fixpack but my kchild1 and kchild2 cre files are fine, checked in game and in NI, did change-log as well, they are untouched by IA.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc