• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I imagine someone else would have to take responsibility for those.

#22 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

I guess it's free for anyone to take over support for BWP if Leonardo/Leomar/Dabus (developpers who are still somewhat active afaik) give their agreement?

It would be a shame to let it die :crying:

Edited by Beleg33, 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#23 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Or at least keep the PDF alive. If anyone is interested in plain old typos and mod version inconsistencies that I've found in v11's PDF so far, I only need to know where to send them.

#24 pryszczu

pryszczu
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thanks, it's pretty amazing how everything can work perfectly in one little BiG game.

If, only I knew a little earlier I would install it few days later with newest possible version:]

#25 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

I imagine someone else would have to take responsibility for those.

I'll soon need some small edits, when I upload a new version of DSotSC; IE, the main component will become #5 instead of #0 (to be compatible with QUICK_MENU; that will be necessary for the next update, but, since this update will anyway require people to uninstall the old version without [R]einstalling, I think it's the only time I can do that without risking to break games). This update should be ready in a few days or little more. Is there anyone here who has access to the files? Or should I ask at Kerzenburg? (BTW, I must access KB via Google translate not because I don't speak German, but because it blocks my ISP).

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#26 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Turambar, ask Leonardo via e-mail.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#27 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

I was asked whether I would allow anyone to change my guides and tools. The answer is no. I will not allow anyone to change them. As ever, all my tools and guides must match contentwise. Up to the most recent release all is tested and safe for the user. If I would allow any changes soon the installation would turn from a solid and safe base to a unsure botch-up and this is something I wanted to prevent by all available means from the beginning. For this reason all my files and tools are copyright protected.

Maintaining the PDF was the smallest part of my work on BWP. Most time I spent to figure out the right install order. Although the BWP installation proves to be very stable (at least as stable as the mods allow) it is like a very fragile construct - one unsuitable component at the wrong place and all collapses like a house of cards. It may happen that a modder updates his/her mod and nothing is working as before. So it takes hour after hour to find the reason why and a lot of testing. And this is exactly that what I don't longer want to do.

Nevertheless I could agree to update the PDF from time to time. If you find any errors and misspelling or missing some descriptions, with Acrobat Reader X you can add your comments or highlight any text in a very simple way. Then send the PDF back to my email address and I will update it.

If you want me to add new components or even a new mod, I need the new lines for the PDFs and the install.bat ready to copy and paste. Remember, the PDF is in four languages! And of course, it must be tested in a complete expert version before!

Maybe that one of the copycats is also able to figure out something new by himself instead of only copy my work?

On this occasion: BG1NPCSOA is incompatible with a few NPC mods because the NPC will be spawned again even if the NPC is already in the group. I think someone should add a check to BG1NPCSOA for the regarding NPCs in order to add the new content without spawning if the NPC already exists.

#28 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

So can we continue to send you updated translations for BWP Textpack?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#29 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

yes

#30 -new(moke)-

-new(moke)-

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

First of all, thank Leonardo Watson very much for your great and hard work.

i want to know where i can find the BGT-compatible versions.of NeJ2 and TS.

is NeJ2 691 and TS.704 compatible with BGT and in BWP11.

thank you very much for your reply!

#31 -Filip503-

-Filip503-

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

BP-BGT-NEJ step by step instructions -> http://www.shsforums...tructions-with/
NEJ2 homepage -> http://vlad.blackwyr...et/nejmain.html

Hope that helps!

#32 -new(moke)-

-new(moke)-

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

before bwp11,bwp install with NeJ2 402 and TS.610
when bwp 11 released,i find it seems that bwp install with NeJ2 691 and TS.704
i don't if i download NeJ2 691 and TS.704 from blackwyrmlair and use bwp 11 to install
thank you very much

#33 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

before bwp11,bwp install with NeJ2 402 and TS.610
when bwp 11 released,i find it seems that bwp install with NeJ2 691 and TS.704
i don't know if i download NeJ2 691 and TS.704 from blackwyrmlair and use bwp 11 to install them,or i will download other vision of NeJ2 and TS.

where i can find the new BGT compatible NEJ and TS,who can tell me ?

thank you very much

Edited by new(Mike), 04 March 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#34 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

I also tried to install the Subrace mod. However, in the current state it is not usable in a megamod, at least not together with the big BG2 mods that add intros to the game. The reason is, that the option for changing the race only appears after a few moments of gamplay. For example during the fight with Sarevog suddenly the dialog from Subrace appears and then the intro repeats in and endless loop.

I'll take that into consideration. What I'm thinking of is basically adding dialog before the Iren intro cutscene to let you choose your subrace, then let the other scripts do their cource. If BGT is installed, the subrace dialog selection will show up in Candlekeep as well, and after you choose your spells in Cha. Iren.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#35 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Since there are many reports of this every day, I'll point this out in the official topic: the way BWP passes the path to BG1 and other install options to the BWP is unreliable. The prompt will vary depending on the way the installation is performed, since it will look for the path to BG1 in the registry before asking for it, and that step will be successful or not depending on the installation of BG1; that will lead to more or less questions.

A temporary solution is here.

What I suggest, though, is to pass arguments to BGT, because that will work regardless of the game being in the registry, and will not lock the prompts if complications arise.
The final command, after resolving necessary scripts and variables, should be then something like:
Setup-BGT.exe --language %WHATEVER% --force-install 0 --skip-at-view --args-list ops "%PATH_TO_BG1%" --[any other option you like, concerning logs etc.]. Those options can be in whatever order you like, provided the sequence--args-list ops %PATH_TO_BG1% remains somewhere, in that order.
If you use all those options, nothing will be prompted; moreover, the combination of "skip-at-view" and the "s" in the argument will suppress all readmes from showing. Further information is in the BGT readme and forum

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg