• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi, the title is just as it says:

In BGT, Beregost to be exact, if my char enters a house, attacks a civilian, then switches to using sap to beat the civ down, the NPC never falls unconscious but also never dies. The only thing I could think of is that my NPC was a monk and I have the universal clubs tweak installed from another mod.

Weidu log, RR version (the most recent), BWP version, OS and all the other stuff in the bug report thread, first post:
http://www.shsforums...stall-bug-list/

thanks for a grat mod btw!

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Do your characters' fists work properly in this regard?

I.e. can you knock out someone by punching them out?

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Huh, I don't think so if you mean just knocking them out without killing - my monk's fists, when they hit, also kill just like normal weapons. I will explicitly test this on the same civilian later today, though.

#4 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

IIRC, Monks don't have non-lethal fist attacks.

Create a different character (i.e. a fighter) and test out if his fist attacks knock out commoners.

#5 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well, I did another test.

This time I had a Cleric-Ranger, and I attacked a civilian in Candlekeep (this is all in the BG1 portion of BGT, by the way) with sap, as well as with plain fists.

This time, sap worked properly, knocking the civ unconscious. However, the plain fists did NOT work, though they did generate a message that the civ was "unconscious" in the dialogue window. But the civ never stopped running around despite it.

#6 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Interesting. Can you disable TobEx and repeat the tests?

To temporarily disable TobEx, it's enough to go to your main BG2 folder and rename TobEx.dll into something else (i.e. TobEx.dll -> TobEx.bak).

#7 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

WITHOUT TobEx enabled:
Monk
bare fists: kill
sap: knocks unconscious and victim stays down

Cleric-Ranger
bare fists: knocks unconscious and victim stays down
sap: knocks unconscious and victim stays down

Also, I tested the cleric-ranger again WITH TobEx - sap doesn't work for that build either. The victim will briefly fall unconscious and display the animation, but then s/he will get right back up again almost immediately afterward. I didn't notice it because when I tested with the monk I didn't even get the falldown animation using sap.

#8 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Seems like a TobEx issue.

Please report it at the TobEx forum.