DSotSC bug problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

This topic is intended as an index for bugs, in order to make it easier to find and fix bugs.

Please, do not report bugs via PMs: it's easier for me to forget them, and that will not help other people with the same issue, and prevent other people from helping with a fix.

In case you encounter any bug, please:
- first, use the search function to see if that bug has already been reported, and check the FAQ in my signature.
- Read the announcement "how to report bugs".
- open a new thread on this forum, and describe the bug
- please also add a reply to this topic with a short description/title and link to the post you have just opened; that can be useful to avoid "losing" and forgetting that bug, as well as to prevent duplicates and help other people to find solutions in case they face a known issue.

Please do not report bugs about older versions; they are not supported any more. There is a thread for those bugs, where you could still find some hints; it is suggested, though, that you switch to v216, unless you have installed many other mods on top. Saved games from v215 are compatible with the new version; you'll need, though, to first uninstall the old version, and only then install v216 (do NOT [R]einstall!)

Bug summary:
Please check here before posting!
Posts concerning issues which have been fixed will be split from this topic and linked to here, to make it quicker to find help.
- [FIX available] Installation in German fails on audio files.
- new: ar6600 script loop
- from posts below: fixed dragon missing his claws, cuchy's dog missing his "armour", disciple of light spell targetting the caster with some effects and a preset target with others

I'll try to build version 217 and test it soon

Edited by Turambar, 29 December 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 SelfRighteous

SelfRighteous
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I'm trying hard to install BWP, but i just cant deal with instaling DSotSC.When I run BWP instalpack or i try to install manually DSotSC im seeing this:

[Setup-DSotSC.exe] WeiDU version 23102
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consider downgrading.
[Setup-DSotSC.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Installing [Dark Side Interparty Banter] [v 2.16.1]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files column-wise ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...

or it ask me when i do it manually:

Would you like to choose any alternate portraits?

it skips installing the DSotSC core, dont know why. I am a noob @ instaling all this mods, i have done it once before but long time ago and not BWP... And im struggling with this instalation like 2 or 3 days already and cant handle it :> Please help :)

i have installed game as was said in BiG World Instruction, i patched BG TotSC to version 5512, BG 2 ToB to 26498, i added missing files from bg1 and then run BWP with fixpack, textpack, trimpack etc just as said in http://www.shsforums...newbies-and-up/ here

Edited by SelfRighteous, 19 April 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

DSotSC core is not 0 but 5 in 216. So you got to edit the batch, otherwise it will always fail.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 SelfRighteous

SelfRighteous
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Could u tell it in simplier way? :) im not sure what to do ;) i guess i need to edit bwpinstalpack? and there change sth from 0 to 5? ;p Remember i am a inexpierienced guy who didnt play with mods before too much :(((

#5 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

DSotSC core is not 0 but 5 in 216. So you got to edit the batch, otherwise it will always fail.

Could u tell it in simplier way? :) im not sure what to do ;) i guess i need to edit bwpinstalpack? and there change sth from 0 to 5? ;p Remember i am a inexpierienced guy who didnt play with mods before too much :(((

Yes, you have to edit the big word installer .bat file. I have updated the release thread to explain what has to be done.
I'm sorry for the issue; I have told Leonardo Watson about this change when this version was still in beta/RC stage, but he's not very present now, so the BWP has not been updated yet.

Besides, this should rather be reported on the Mega Mod Help forum, because it's an issue with the BWP, not with DS itself.

Edited by Turambar, 19 April 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

He did a second post in the noob-section. ;)
In the past years, I read a minor amount of posts from him and he's was not reading websites on a regular basis when he was "officially active".
So I don't know if he read it if you only posted it in the forum.

Also note that Leonardo stated in the last release-post that the current release may be the last one and he does not want people to update+edit / upload+publish his files.
So your request may be in vain (depending on Leonardo).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

He did a second post in the noob-section. ;)
In the past years, I read a minor amount of posts from him and he's was not reading websites on a regular basis when he was "officially active".
So I don't know if he read it if you only posted it in the forum.

OK, I've found it; it's here. Let's continue with that issue in the other topic.

Also note that Leonardo stated in the last release-post that the current release may be the last one and he does not want people to update+edit / upload+publish his files.
So your request may be in vain (depending on Leonardo).

I PMed him, and he also asked for some detail... I was quite busy at the time so I could not answer immediately, but I hope he'll update that soon

Edited by Turambar, 20 April 2012 - 03:34 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#8 SelfRighteous

SelfRighteous
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Ok thx for ur help :). It works now and i hope i will finally put me out of my misery and Install BWP!

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

A couple of things I've noticed:

DSFPRDRG.CRE - DRAGGRE1.ITM is not a weapon, but it is in a weapon slot. Maybe you should make it a weapon? It is reported by Miloch's CreFixer tool.
DSCUARMW.ITM is not copied by the mod, and it was like that for quite a long time BTW. So either copy it or remove from the DSWOLF1.CRE file.

#10 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

The random spawn content in AR6600.baf is preventing the rest of the area script to be parsed if a mod installed after DSotSC does EXTEND_BOTTOM on them (like BG1 NPC Project following the BWP install order)

Here's AR6600.baf content with colours to illustrate !

Spoiler

Fresh out of Candlekeep, 3 of the green blocks will be executed with random chances, then it reaches the blue block which loops indefinitly unless you add the red line. I suggest changing the orange line in the same way. Also the cyan line should probably be :
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalGT("RandomSpawn","GLOBAL",2)

Or else the spawns won't be reset if you return after reaching chapter 3.

IGNORE THIS I'M STUPID AND CAN'T READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING A BUG REPORT

:doh: :doh:

:doh:

Edited by Beleg33, 10 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#11 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Disciple of Light innate spell (SPINDS3.SPL) has some wrong stuff :

- Most/all effects should bypass resistance since it's a friendly spell.

- AC bonus is targetted at caster instead of preset target.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#12 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Finally had some time to check this thread with order...
A couple of things I've noticed:

DSFPRDRG.CRE - DRAGGRE1.ITM is not a weapon, but it is in a weapon slot. Maybe you should make it a weapon? It is reported by Miloch's CreFixer tool.

in the vanilla game, it is a weapon; it's the dragon's claw. -> not a bug. If any other mod changes the vanilla item, it's their fault

Besides, the DS dragon has no weapon at all: that could rather be considered a bug
FIXED: the weapon slot pointed to an empty inventory slot (4) instead of the slot with the claw (3)
DSCUARMW.ITM is not copied by the mod, and it was like that for quite a long time BTW. So either copy it or remove from the DSWOLF1.CRE file.

Moved to the "nostring" directory, since it belongs to the wolf and is never accessed: it will now be automatically copied with all other "nostring" items

Thanks for reporting
Disciple of Light innate spell (SPINDS3.SPL) has some wrong stuff :

- Most/all effects should bypass resistance since it's a friendly spell.

- AC bonus is targetted at caster instead of preset target.

It was even messier than you reported, the target was really random!
Just to be sure, who uses it and should it really affect a target possibly different from the caster?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#13 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Topic closed. Mod is being updated, and all fixes above have been addressed

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSotSC, bug, problem