Problems with Zannaster again

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

I am using TobEx_Beta0024_test_120424_2.rar and CtBv1.13a.rar.

There is a problem with Zannaster and the solution was posted before.

From a post by Colonel Klink:
"CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Cb_ZannasterHealed","LOCALS").The variable was 0, and I was to change this in 3 to force the Zannaster's changing. So here is the code:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Cb_ZannasterHealed","LOCALS",3)
Oh,don't forget to point Zannaster when you "CLUAte" him..."
From the last statement, I assume he means to put the cursor on Zannaster the Mage.

When Zannaster the Mage is "Near Death", I set the global to 3. He goes to the spiel, and changes to Zannaster the Lich. I beat Zannaster the Lich to "Near Death" and just before he dies, a cut seen brakes in and in the end, I die, even though I have enough hit points and magic protection.

Here is the problem:

Using: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Cb_ZannasterHealed","LOCALS",3)
Gives the response: CLUACONSOLE:SETGLOBAL("CB_ZANNASTERHEALED","LOCALS",3)

Using: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Cb_ZannasterHealed","LOCALS")
Gives the response: CLUACONSOLE:GETGLOBAL("CB_ZANNASTERHEALED","LOCALS")

Note that GetGlobal does not confirm that the value was set.

Now for a test.

Using: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Cb_PartyBoughtCabin","Global",2)
Gives the response: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Cb_PartyBoughtCabin","Global",2)

Using: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Cb_PartyBoughtCabin","Global")
Gives the response: Global: CB_PARTYBOUGHTCABIN GLOBAL set to 2

This time GetGlobal does confirm that the value was set.

Checking Globals with ShadowKeeper, Cb_ZannasterHealed does not show up in the Globals list.

A second game I have going has TobEx_Beta0024.rar (which is 24.7.8) and CtBv1.13a.rar.

In this game I was able to kill Zannaster. After I killed Zannaster, ShadowKeeper listed the Global CB_CULT_OF_DRAGON_DEMISE = 1. ShadowKeeper did not list the Global Cb_ZannasterHealed. The reason why I do not continue with this game is that I am having other major difficulties with this game, including acquiring more freedom spells. I used up the five I had fighting Zannaster.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know why the CLUACONSOLE:SETGLOBAL("CB_ZANNASTERHEALED","LOCALS",3) command does not appear to work?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 12 July 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#2 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

It works, it's just that LOCALS means a specific object/creature, when you do a GetGlobal("SomeVariable","LOCALS") you need to have the cursor on the creature (Zannaster in this case). The variable is stored in the creature file or something, so it won't show up in savegame

The Zannaster kills you instantly no matter what is a thing I've brought up before and it should be included in the next Fixpack. The healing/transforming part should play fine in their current state.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi Beleg33. Thanks for your comments. I was placing the cursor on Zannaster the Mage and that part did work.

Well I had to cheat. I used ShadowKeeper to strip Zannaster the Mage and Zannaster the Lich of most of their protective equipment, especially Imoen's Belt. When wearing this equipment, Zannaster the Lich would typically cast seven Time Stop spells, one one Maze spell where I kept my equipment at least and four Maze spells where I lost my equipment. And in the end, a cut seen would play (I think it was the same one that takes place when he changes from a Mage to a Lich) during which I got killed. As you realize, the player is helpless during a cut scene.

From now on, I will skip this quest and probably all CtB. It is not much fun playing against these super monsters. Nalia had two Power Word Kill spells, but every time she tried to use one, she was attacked with a Maze and other spells that made her lose her spell and lowered her level to where she lost all high level spells. And Zannaster managed to cast these spells while fighting with me. I am glad it is over as I can now move unto playing the more reasonable mods.

Tom

#4 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well thanks for putting all the useful info into one post. Hopefully I will reach that part soon. On my last game it was buggy as well.

A few things-

1)That local variable can be found on the creature file like Beleg said. You open up Shadowkeeper, look at all cre files, find Zannaster, and click on Locals tab (the one before Globals). Just to check if it is there if you want, its probably quicker than NearInfinity.

2)What is level draining Nalia? A dracolich or wraith iirc. Try negative plane protection or one of the mod added items vs level drain.

3)I don't know why but in this game the only guys who sold freedom scrolls were in Waukeen's Promenade, and maybe the underdark. There is a sword from TDD or ROT that casts freedom/imprisonment 1/day so I keep that handy. Or use the scribe scrolls ability to make some more. (I find out how much they cost to scribe, and use Shadowkeeper to add them and minus the money it costs-its a lot faster)

4)You didn't mention any problems keeping the Company of Eight alive, or them turning hostile. That's a suprise, iirc that caused some big headaches.

Edited by maximus2001, 17 July 2012 - 07:55 PM.