Error installing IA - "read out of bounds"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hello.

I try to install the mod but one of the components throws me an error when I try.

Here is the error:

Installing [25% of relevant non-joinables] [v5]

ERROR Installing [25% of relevant non-joinables], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 128 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 710.
Uninstalled 128 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 710.
ERROR: Failure("bandcap.cre: read out of bounds")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG to www.shsforums.net/forum/594-infinity-animations/
Automatically Skipping [25% of relevant non-joinables] because of error.
Using Language [English]

It's a megamod install, and in the "Mega Mod Help" forum there are 2 people posting about the same thing, but no solutions.

Can someone share some insight here?
My weidu log (I stop the installation after this error with IA) :
Spoiler

#2 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Btw, I change-logged the file in question (bandcap.cre) and it turned up this, if it helps anything...

Mods affecting BANDCAP.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.15 (11 Jun 12)
00001: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.50
00002: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter: 11 (5 Feb 12)
00003: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5

The file in the override (that i assume IA is choking on) is here: http://www42.zippysh...09293/file.html

Someone take a look if you got the time :)

#3 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

OK some more digging... I thought the file was corrupted or somesuch so i replaced it with all 3 backups that were created of it (from aurora, rogue rebalancing and bgttweaks) and tried to reinstall the component on each of them.

On each of them, IA came up with the same error. So I guess this means that something is wrong with IA?

#4 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I saw the same error last time I was doing the reinstallation. Figured out it was caused by an updated t-pstanims.tpa which Miloch has posted separately. Replacing the file with the original one from the IA archive should fix the problem. But it will probably introduce the bug described here.

#5 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

(sorry for the many posts in succession but as guest I can not edit)

I found out that the source of the problem is the Big World Fixpack used in the Big World Project.

If it is not applied, the component installs fine. If it is applied, the component fails on the bandcap.cre file.

The file in IA (after being patched by Big World Fixpack) looks like this: http://www12.zippysh...87438/file.html
Now, maybe someone can see what is wrong with the bandcap.cre entry in this file :)

(I can go no further, I mostly don't know what I am doing already)

Btw the reason for not many reports of this I would guess is because if the choice 25% is used, then bandcap.cre is not always touched, thus it is possible that the install completes. I did my tests with 100% for safety.

#6 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hehe I didn't see your reply before I posted :) thanks for that info!

Then, his updated file must be in the Big World Fixpack now, and that's why this happens.

Well, what specific bug are you referring to? That thread is kind of long with various things going on in it, and i'm unsure of what bug his updated file fixed.

Also, do you know how to edit the patched file (I linked it above) so that the install finishes, so that one can retain the fix he made?

Thanks for your time :)

#7 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

What I mean is his updated file is the reason of your error. You should not apply the patch from Big World Fixpack for the file t-pstanims.tpa. To do that, either delete BiG World Fixpack\infinityanimations\t-pstanims.tpa.patch before applying the BiG World Fixpack, or apply the fixpack, then overwrite the file with the one from the IA archive. Then proceed with the installation.
About the bug - read the first post in the thread. It explains the problem.
You do not need to edit the patched file, just replace it with the original one like I've described above.

#8 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for helping :)

I understood what you meant - I can stop this patch from being applied in several ways and the installation will complete. My problem is solved :)

However, I did read the thread now, and that fix would be nice to have. I'd rather try to find out what's wrong with the fix instead of simply not applying it.

So if anyone have any ideas to what's going wrong in the fixed file, please share them :) (it's linked for viewing, some posts back)

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Have a go with the attachment :) That component wasn't setting the "t-io" variable properly and (I think :unsure:) used the value set by the previous component for its kung fu :P (although I don't think variables can carry over between components... ah well meh :lol:)

Adding:
READ_LONG 0x2b8 t-io //Items offset
before the
READ_SSHORT (t-io + 0x12) t-wpn //Weapon 1
at line 418 should probably fix it :cheers:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

And Lollorian saves the day :D Thanks!!

So, I just let the BWS apply the Big World Fixpack and then when that's done, I simply replace the patched version with the file in your attachment, correct?

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Yup yup ^_^

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#12 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Just reporting in that it worked perfectly 8) thanks!