Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#301 Ineth

Ineth
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

@Nightfarer

For the others... eh, well.... they are still in need of proofreading :whistling:

Consider releasing them anyway.

I'm sure I'm not the only player who would much rather experience those mods with an imperfect translation, than not at all.

The translations won't do any good sitting on your hard drive for years.... :P

Edited by Ineth, 04 November 2017 - 05:07 AM.

#302 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:58 AM

I'm not going to release translations before proofreading and... it seems... that no one volunteers for proofreading those.

I confirm, in any case, english translation of Derats Ogre made into BiG World Textpack ENGLISH v17

#303 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Would you send the translation of Wedges BGT Adventure Pack and Hidden Adventures to me, too, please?
I'm not very fond of the translation for Hidden Adventures. Phrases are added or left out, swear words where there were none in the original.
I am updating Hidden Adventures currently and will add an English version.
I would be glad if the current one would be removed from the Texpack.

#304 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

Hi Jastey.

No problem to me but it's not in Textpack ENGLISH or did I miss something? :ermm:

At least, I just checked the Textpack ENGLISH archive and it's not there

Edited by Nightfarer, 12 April 2018 - 11:55 PM.

#305 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:37 AM

Right, my bad. Sorry for the false alarm!

#306 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hi, I chose to give the translations a try and started with a few mods but one of them, namely Rukrakia, does not install well.

I used a GOG version of BG2, unpacked the Big World Fixpack 18, the Big World Textpack English 17.0.1, the Rukrakia 0.8 mod itself, then run the setup for the BWF first, then BWT and finally the mod. The Fixpack seems to install well but I noticed that during the installation of the Textpack some hunks end up failing and/or skipping.

Once I start ToB to test it and arrive in the Gorion's Ward pocketsphere where I'm supposed to meet a genie(also a little girl) with whom the mod begins I see no text whotsoever in the dialogue window when I talk to him. Neither with the little girl.

Any help/suggestions? I looked into the Big World Project 18 instructions but did not see anything beyond what I already know. Or should I ask Leonardo on the BWPv18 thread perhaps?

Also, any news on the translation for TS25MiniMod? I checked into the textpack translations folder but did not see it so I wondered if it was still in the works or abandoned.

Thanks in advance!

#307 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

Hi. 1) Rukrakia: Yes, I am aware of it but It is no big problem. There are some patches trying to patch already patched files (a sort of duplicate patches)... The hunks should be harmless. Last time I tried, it perfectly installed and worked using English. 2) TS25MiniMod and the other mods missing English translation (example: Er'vonyrah): i have translated all of them but as long as they are not proofread I am not going to add them. For the other questions: Sorry but I don't know what to say and am unable to check because I am currently moving so can't help that much. I am sorry for being short but I am without internet connection and without PC due to moving.

#308 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

Hi. 1) Rukrakia: Yes, I am aware of it but It is no big problem. There are some patches trying to patch already patched files (a sort of duplicate patches)... The hunks should be harmless. Last time I tried, it perfectly installed and worked using English. 2) TS25MiniMod and the other mods missing English translation (example: Er'vonyrah): i have translated all of them but as long as they are not proofread I am not going to add them. For the other questions: Sorry but I don't know what to say and am unable to check because I am currently moving so can't help that much. I am sorry for being short but I am without internet connection and without PC due to moving.

I see, do you recall if you installed the mod on the GOG version or maybe used the original CD version? If it installed well for you and worked in English then maybe it might be either an issue of the version of the game itself...or the version of the textpack. Do you recall what version worked?

If it is a technical issue then maybe I should ask on the Big World Project page then since it is not a translation issue. Hopefully my method of installing: unpack all, use fixpack, use textpack, use mod is correct and not the real reason why it doesn't work. :(

Thanks for your help!! :)

Edited by Samriel, 07 August 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#309 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hi. Being honest, I tried installing using both the CD release and the GOG release and did not experience any issue. For Rukrakia I know about those failures and hunks warnings when installing Textpack ENGLISH, me too I had them but when test playing, the mod worked perfectly using English and I bet it still works. There should be some duplicated patches in Fixpack and Textpack and they are the reason of the failures and hunks but the mod works (I played It). For Gorion's Ward I really have no idea. My best suggestion is asking Leonardo or creating a topic about. I am unable to help with that. You're welcome

#310 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

Hi. Being honest, I tried installing using both the CD release and the GOG release and did not experience any issue. For Rukrakia I know about those failures and hunks warnings when installing Textpack ENGLISH, me too I had them but when test playing, the mod worked perfectly using English and I bet it still works. There should be some duplicated patches in Fixpack and Textpack and they are the reason of the failures and hunks but the mod works (I played It). For Gorion's Ward I really have no idea. My best suggestion is asking Leonardo or creating a topic about. I am unable to help with that. You're welcome

Got it, I will do as you suggest. :)

#311 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:06 PM

The only thing I can think of is some other mod interferring with it but, from what I recall, in BWP v16 and v17 I had no issue at all with Rukrakia.

#312 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:11 AM

The only thing I can think of is some other mod interferring with it but, from what I recall, in BWP v16 and v17 I had no issue at all with Rukrakia.

By BWP you mean the textpack itself, right?

I wonder if I made some rookie mistake somewhere. :(

Just to make sure: To install the mod correctly and patch it into English one ONLY needs the mod itself, the Big World Fixpack and the Big World Textpack, am I right? :(

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#313 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:19 AM

Hi.

Ah, sorry I did not get you only installed Rukrakia.

You Need: BWP Installpack, BWP Fixpack, BWP Textpack ENGLISH and the mod itself

Edited by Nightfarer, 08 August 2018 - 12:20 AM.

#314 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

Hi.

Ah, sorry I did not get you only installed Rukrakia.

You Need: BWP Installpack, BWP Fixpack, BWP Textpack ENGLISH and the mod itself

I installed the Fixpack and Textpack too but I did NOT install the Installpack. :(

Guess I'm one big noob. :( :(

I mostly sticked to Leonardo's Big World Project v18 instructions and I did not notice mention of the Installpack there...guess it was considered something obvious.

That said I once gave it a try too but wasn't sure how I needed to proceed. I got 4 options: 1) Prepare megamod installation, 2) Install the megamod, 3) use the additional tools and 4) Quit.

Since I only wanted to give this one particular mod a try this time I had no idea which was the "correct" option to proceed. Plus while I knew that I had to install the Fixpack and later Textpack before installing Rukrakia I had no idea when I should have installed the Installpack itself.

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 12:43 AM.

#315 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:43 AM

You don't install Installpack. But it takes care of everything for you.

Once you unpacked everything including the mod, just choose install the megamod

Edited by Nightfarer, 08 August 2018 - 12:56 AM.

#316 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:19 AM

Hmmm, I just tried that but when I chose the "Install megamod" option I got the message "You must first prepare a megamod installation before you can install it".

I already unpacked the Installpack, the Fixpack, the Textpack and Rukrakia in the BG2 installation folder though. And when I tried the "Prepare a megamod installation" option I received soon afterwards the "There is no folder Big World Downloads" in the same directory. This folder stores all your downloaded mods".

EDIT

Alright, so I tried to make said folder in my BG2 install folder putting the Fixpack, Textpack and Rukrakia packages there. Then I got the "Do you want to unpack the mods out of the Big World Downloads folder? I chose "yes"...even though I already unpacked them before(but not installed). For some reason I suddenly got a message in the Fixpack black window that I lack the free space to install it despite having over 50 GB of free space. Chosing the option to install it despite warnings. :(

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 01:51 AM.

#317 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:52 AM

I cannot believe it...

Now the Textpack proceeds with a "Mod Check" after going through with a "Game Selection", "Calculating Folder Size", "BG1 Check", "BG2 Check", "Tool Check" and "Corrections".

And said "Mod Check" asks for the mandatory TobEx, BG2 Fixpack and BP-BGT Worldmap. Even when I put them in said BiG World Downloads folder. Nor do I even know which versions of these the Installpack wants :(

Its as if it prepares for some huge multi-mod install rather than just one NPC mod...

Three questions if I may:

1. Is it possible to install Rukrakia without the Installpack?

2. If it is then does it ONLY follow the: Unpack all>Install Fixpack> Install Textpack> Install the NPC mod itself?

3. And when installing Rukrakia does one need to chose the English installation and then to add Rukrakia Areas to BP-BGT Worldmap? Since that is what I did go through with and I did not install the SOA maps or TOB maps.

I'm sorry to be such a bother. :(

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 02:56 AM.

#318 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:07 AM

Yes, there are some mandatory mods. You can safely install them together with Rukrakia. I created the patch for BGT WorldMap too.

Anyway, if you really want, you can use individual.bat file to be found in BWP Installpack

#319 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:23 AM

Yes, there are some mandatory mods. You can safely install them together with Rukrakia. I created the patch for BGT WorldMap too.

Anyway, if you really want, you can use individual.bat file to be found in BWP Installpack

Thanks for answering.

I managed somehow to find those obligatory mods and by unpacking them in the BG2 install foder that seemed to allow the install to progress.

Now when I have to "Choose your language" for the game the Installpack says at least one language must be selected. JUST IN CASE: Should I only install the EN language or the KO one as well due to Rukrakia being originally a Korean mod?

I wondered about it being perhaps a lack of original language mod install problem when I only used the Fixpack and Textpack before since in the game no text whatsoever from the new NPCs(the genie and the little girl) was appearing at all. The dialogue windows were empty BUT the NPCs were around.

Do you have any suggestion?

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 03:29 AM.

#320 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:30 AM

Please choose just EN so we can check if there's a problem with Rukrakia Textpack.