BWP 11.2.4 install failed almost immediately

bwp megamod

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I installed BG1 and BG2, not in Program Files. I installed to D:\BWP\Baldur's Gate and D:\BWP\BGII - SoA and then I patched.

I started up a BG1 game, created a character and quicksaved. I did the same for SOA and TOB.

I downloaded and extracted mods. This is what my folder layout looks like. http://pastebin.com/ac6L36b5

I fired off the BiG World Install.bat file and answered the questions. And then it appeared to die and close the window almost immediately I'm attaching the log file.

Edited by enderandrew, 15 October 2012 - 07:03 PM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#2 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I went to wipe the entire folder and restore my BGII - SoA backup, and it said setup-freeact.exe was still in use and could not be deleted.

Edit: I deleted that mod and now the installer is running, though it did also fail here:

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 3 files for [TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 3 files for [TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "txtmusic/language/english/a6prolog.wav")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TXTMUSIC.DEBUG to Ascension64
Automatically Skipping [Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU] because of error.

Though it is able to continue from there.

Edited by enderandrew, 09 October 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#3 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I was able to finish a BWP install via BiG World Install.bat, but there were tons of errors in the install process.

ERROR: Sys_error("BG1NPCSoA\\MISC\\KagainBanter1.d: No such file or directory")

This error popped up 10 different times:
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 1066 of 1066-byte file SPCL221.SPL
ERROR: [SPCL221.SPL] -> [override/SPCL221.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPCL221.SPL: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

Installing [Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens] [v3.1 (Hotfix 01)]
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Dispel Magic Fix

[ppk/script/xbaldur25.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-23
Near Text: )
[Kit] argument [TEMPPRST] not found in [KIT.IDS]

[ppk/script/xbaldur25.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 64 column 1-23
Near Text: )
[Kit] argument [OHGMPRST] not found in [KIT.IDS]

[Setup-morituri.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
In state 57, I expected one of these tokens:
[2] ~~
Parse error (state 57) at LPAREN

[SETUP-MORITURI.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 8 column 1-19
Near Text: (
GLR parse error

[SETUP-MORITURI.TP2] ERROR at line 8 column 1-19
Near Text: (
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-MORITURI.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-MORITURI.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

Should I wipe and start a new install? Should I skip SCSII? Can I fix any of these errors?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Should I wipe and start a new install? Should I skip SCSII? Can I fix any of these errors?

Yeah, but before you do that, --change-log the "kit.ids" file, and paste the results into a post here.
And you are more likely to get a better setup if you use the BWS program than a manual setup like yours.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

I fired up BWS once, but it looked like it was downloading old versions of some of the mods, so I decided to make sure I was downloading the latest versions from the official BWP link-list and then just run the batch file.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I fired up BWS once, but it looked like it was downloading old versions of some of the mods, so I decided to make sure I was downloading the latest versions from the official BWP link-list and then just run the batch file.

Still... the new BWS should use the same links as the link-list, as it actually uses the list as it's reference... there are for example NPC mods which are separated into two units, SOA and TOB... the BWS needs both.... plah plah plah... the manual setup is far harder for you to make than the auto you get from the BWS.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 October 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#7 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm not really using any NPC mods, save for those that expand banters and content for vanilla NPCs. I haven't played BG1 in years and never beat BG2. I want to play with the vanilla NPCs.

I'll get you that --change-log later today. I'm working at the moment. I have another question. I also had some errors with IA that said the files needed to be in \content

Should the files be in:

BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content\[ID]+Elemental Fire IWD\ for example or BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content\ directly?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content\[ID]+Elemental Fire IWD\ for example or BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content\ directly?

The readme in question says:

Important: Download all content you may require from the Infinity Animations download category at Spellhold Studios. If in doubt, download them all (most megamod installs will need all archives). Extract all archives using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also, make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or /restore after infinityanimations (there should be no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is unselected. You should end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or "restore" folders. The installer will warn you if you're missing anything you need, at which point you can exit it, download missing content, extract it and rerun the installer.

So my guess is the second one... :P

#9 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

There are several KIT.IDS files in that mod (8 of them). Is it safe to let two kits fail?

I'm just removing the Morituri kit. I only downloaded it to have all the "Standard" mods.

I have the IA content files in the correct directories this time.

The SPCL221.SPL file that throws an error 10 times is in three different folders.

BDash\newfixes
NeJ\spl
NeJ2\backup\0

I'm not sure what to do to fix this particular error, and I want to hold off on trying the install again until I do. Any ideas?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#10 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Well, I see that others have had issues with SPCL221.SPL because it is a level 0 spell and needs to be a level 1 spell. I edited it with DLTC and I'm going to give this another go. Others reported using NeJBiffer helped, so I'm also trying that though BWP lists that as an "Expert" mod.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#11 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I fixed SPCL221.SPL. Maybe that should be in the Fixpack. But then it just moved on to SPCL242.SPL and had the same problem. I need to fix both next time.

And then I had random different errors this time which baffles me. I have a whole bunch of these on BG1NPCSoA

[Setup-BG1NPCSoA.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]
WARNING: unable to open [\backup/4/UNINSTALL.4]: Sys_error("\\backup/4/UNINSTALL.4: Permission denied")
Nihilism makes me smile.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hi there! Could you please attach/post you WeiDU.log file from your BGII folder :P
It should contain a list of mods you got installed and tell us why SPCL221.SPL became stupid when it should've been fixed by a mod called InnateFixer :unsure:

Also, are you installing an Expert version of the BWP (I think I saw NeJ in the above posts :lol:)... That's usually not a good idea...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#13 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

The only expert mod I'm trying is NeJBiffer, and that was only on my last install. I'll attach files from my last attempt. Here is my WeiDU.log and BiG World Debug.txt

Edit: BTW, I show Setup-Innate_Fix.tp2 in D:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Fixpack\_Innate_Fix but it doesn't look like it ran if I look at the WeiDU.log

Attached Files

Edited by enderandrew, 12 October 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#14 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Anyone have insight into my logs with what is going on?

If I have to, I'll just remove everything NeJ from my install and try again. However, my intent is to play interesting content. It appears to be one of the higher rated mods. Some of the other large expansion mods have poor reviews and low ratings.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Your logs aren't pretty bud :(

BG1NPCSoA failed because of permissions (?) :unsure: And SPCL242.SPL caused lots of mods to croak (probably some earlier mod that borked it in the first place :P)

BUT - if the only in-game problems you're having are crashes from casting certain spells, you're probably good to play :D You might wanna run the lolfixer to fix anything that it can though (because Innate_Fixer didn't seem to run for you :unsure:)

PS: Permissions problem - where is your BGII installation located btw? And what OS are you on?
I saw the path a few posts up so UAC or whatever isn't your problem :P Clueless now though...

PS2: SPCL242.SPL - The problem would probably be the Morituri kit mod, if you're gonna do a new install, keep this one unchecked (as well as the Prestige Kitpack because it broke massively too :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 14 October 2012 - 06:41 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#16 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

That permission issue didn't happen on previous installs. I wiped my folder, restored a backup of a vanilla BG2 install, copied over my extracted BWP mods and then suddenly I had a permission issue with one folder that I hadn't previously. I'm chalking that up to a random Windows file lock for some odd reason.

I can manually fix SPCL242.SPL if need be. I am curious why Innate Fixer didn't catch it if it is supposed to.

I haven't played yet to see if I'm getting crashes. I want to make sure I have a good install first. I'll try one more time.

Edit: I take it back. I'm getting the same permission errors with BG1NPCSoA, however, I'm not seeing the folder/files it is looking for, which could be the problem. Guess I need to wipe and do yet another install.

Edited by enderandrew, 14 October 2012 - 10:53 PM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#17 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Did you use the old version 3 which had a backup-file in its folder?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#18 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Did you use the old version 3 which had a backup-file in its folder?

I downloaded the mod from the official link list here:

http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

That is version 5. Should I grab version 3 instead? Or does the batch file need to be updated to work with version 5?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#19 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Uhm, that wasn't the intention of my question.
I asked if you used an old version which had a backup-file in its folder, which (I thought should) imply that this was a cause of errors back then. So no, don't do it. And the batch does not need any updates - if weidu cannot create backups, the batch is not at fault.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#20 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm curious why WeiDU isn't making a backup folder for that one mod in general. The folder is not read only and there shouldn't be any permissions issues on that folder.
Nihilism makes me smile.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bwp, megamod