Jump to content



bugfixing bug

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zireael

  • Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Posted by: Zireael

Date posted: 14/10/2012

Looking for: Coder (bug fixes)


As you might know, I released my Khalid mod around a year ago. It is my first mod. I learned just enough to make it work. Lava Del Vortel was a great help, as were some others.... I kept planning to release two more mods (Safana & Dynaheir), but do not have time.

Since then, I've been made aware of some bugs which slipped through the betatesting. Alas, I know not how to fix them and RL takes up most of my time. Therefore, after around half a year of deluding myself that I shall find some time to learn how to fix them and do it myself, I post this call for help.

Bugs I am aware of include:
- traification weirdness (Polish text is mostly fine, but English text is sometimes messed up, eg. <CHARNAME> displayed in-game as <charname>, wrong lines being used, for example in kit description :arrow: If there are any typos which slipped through, I can't fix them due to the traification problems
- area and/or chapter dependent banters not firing

There is no deadline for the bugs to be fixed, although the sooner the better.

Any modder(s) who help(s) will be given credit in the mod readme.

The mod thread is here.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

    The Imp in his pink raincoat.

  • Member
  • 10911 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

wrong lines being used, for example in kit description :arrow:

Did you use old save game from before you installed the mod... cause you need to start a new game. As the savegame uses old references to the lines that have been updated...as the string numbers are wrong in the savegames dialog.tlk file it refers to/from.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Zireael

  • Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

No, it was reported on new games. I also ran into the issue when I started a new game to test. Particularly glaring in the cutscene and in the kit description.

Somebody suggested I retraify everything, but I never did it, for fear of messing it up even more and for lack of time.

#4 Zireael

  • Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Someone on Polish CoB forums fixed a bit of traification (the .tp2). Alas, I don't know what else was fixed, as my Win7 UAC is acting up...

#5 Zireael

  • Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Bump. Bug fixer (someone able to test) still needed.

#6 Tuldor88

  • Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Necromancy time :P

I fixed every bugs, new version waiting for players.

Edited by Tuldor88, 16 December 2014 - 07:47 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bugfixing, bug