Photo

Ellesime dialogue problem (Saerileth, Ninde, Kivan and RE mods)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Now that Ninde ToB is coming (thanks Kaeloree) :clap: i think is time to ask if others have problems with Ellesime dialogue after defeating Jon Irenicus at hell.

Here's the problems i have encountered previously. Haven't played this yet in my current game (i'm still at chapter 2 in SoA) but looking at SUELLE2.DLG-file problems are still there.

When you wake up Ellesime dialogue start. Then you get RE (Romantic Encounters) "quality" time with Ellesime. After that start the ceremony and after some talks start TDD Mega quest.

Problems are that you should get Saerileth wedding, Deheriana's restoration (Kivan mod) and Ninde's soul restoration during that dialogue but they never happen.

I think that RE is blocking Saerileth wedding and Deheriana's restoration but i'm not sure. As for Ninde i don't know what's wrong.

I also notice that Aeon has some dialogues there but i don't know are there any problems.

Maybe some modder/fixer could check this problem. (Well... maybe Lollorian :naughty: )

Here's change-log from SUELLE2.DLG:
Spoiler

Here are the files:
Attached File  SUELLE2.00001.DLG   3.08K   275 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00002.DLG   7.77K   269 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00003.DLG   10.42K   278 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00004.DLG   10.96K   280 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00005.DLG   11.16K   280 downloads

Edited by micbaldur, 06 November 2012 - 10:10 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Somewhat long ago, my girlfriend played a similar scenario and had the problem that the cutscene from the Kivan mod (restoring Deheriana) didn't trigger.

She did not have Saerileth or Ninde installed either, so it was just the Kivan cutscene that were supposed to happen. So I guess something blocks all 3 of these mods despite which is installed.

I'm thinking it can't be Romantic Encounters either. She had it installed, but because she played as a female she had no "quality time" with Ellesime. Of course, RE code could still somehow interfere I suppose - I don't know.

I have also read somewhere earlier a statement that some code in The Darkest Day causes this to happen. For reference, I *think* she had it installed, but i'm not sure.

Anyway, hope someone can work this out :)

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

It might help a bit if you convert those DLGs into readable Ds :P

1. Copy all of them XXXX.DLGs to your BGII folder (where there's a chitin.key file)
2. Make sure there's a weidu.exe in that same folder
3. Run the attached .bat in that folder (extract the .7z)
4. You'll get 5 new .D files that you can open using notepad that you can attach here (so we can actually read what those dialogues say :P)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Sorry about xxx.dlg and xxx.d thing. :crying:

I know nothing about modding. :blink:

Here are the xxx.d files.

Attached File  SUELLE2.00001.d   9.08K   250 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00002.d   15.06K   270 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00003.d   23K   210 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00004.d   24.26K   281 downloads
Attached File  SUELLE2.00005.d   24.51K   225 downloads

I'd be grateful if you can do something about this problem.

I think that it's not bug in those mods, it's probably BWP compability problem.

Edited by micbaldur, 07 November 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for D-ifying them micbaldur :D

I was wondering whether you had a means to quickly test out any changes I try to make in SUELLE2.DLG (like a save right before those talks trigger or something)

Also, can you list a rough idea of the dialogue tree that you get and choose? :P From that start I mean... the quality time and stuff? ^_^ Actual lines would be great but not necessary (just note down big and important words that can help pinpoint which dialogue fired for you :lol:)

Sorry about all that :cheers:

PS: Is your game stuck because of this btw? :unsure: You should feel free to continue onwards (but keep that pre-Ellesime savegame ready for debugging :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for D-ifying them micbaldur :D

I was wondering whether you had a means to quickly test out any changes I try to make in SUELLE2.DLG (like a save right before those talks trigger or something)

Also, can you list a rough idea of the dialogue tree that you get and choose? :P From that start I mean... the quality time and stuff? ^_^ Actual lines would be great but not necessary (just note down big and important words that can help pinpoint which dialogue fired for you :lol:)

Sorry about all that :cheers:

PS: Is your game stuck because of this btw? :unsure: You should feel free to continue onwards (but keep that pre-Ellesime savegame ready for debugging :P)

Well.... :whistling: I'm still at chapter 2 in SoA and have to visit Dragha, Bremen and other places at north (Drizzt quest), Hlondeth and Sylmar before i start chapter 3. So long way to chapter 3 not mentioning the ceremony at Suldanessellar.

So my game isn't stuck because of it and you can bypass it easily. It's not game breaking incompability at least for Saerileth and Ninde (no ToB part yet). I don't know what happens to Deheriana in ToB if she doesn't get restored.

This dialogue problem has been at two previous BWP installs, have shortly told about it my old topic here.

I was mostly thinking about my next BWP install after Ninde ToB is released sometime in the future. So no hurry fixing this if it's possible.

So probably the quick testing is little difficult. :blush:

#7 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Here's how dialogue probably goes as far as i remember.

Spoiler

You also don't get Amulet of Seldarine like you should. :devil:

Edited by micbaldur, 07 November 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

As possible clarification i like to add that there are two others branches at Ellesime dialogue.

I'm using Infinity Explorer v 0.85.

After Ellesime says "Dead? A couple of days, no more. However you managed to find your way back, it is good that you have done so."

There 3 branches with conditions:

1) ReputationLT(Player1,10)

2) ReputationGT(Player1,9)

3) Global("RE_Suelle2Interject2","GLOBAL",0)
Gender(Player1,MALE)

Behind branches 1 and 2 are restoration of Deheriana (Kivan mod) and Saerileth wedding. Both braches ends to StartCutScene("cut59b").

Branch 3 also ends to StartCutScene("cut59b").

Well possible solution is not installing RE's Queen Ellesime component. Well it might make sense that you don't get Saerileth wedding after some "quality" :naughty: time with Ellesime but it doesn't make sense why Deheriana's restoration doesn't happen even if spend some "quality" time.

As for Ninde problem i don't have any clue why it's missing. There aren't any Ninde dialogues in SUELLE2.dlg file maybe TDD has something to do with it. I don't know. :blink:

There are some Ninde related dialogues in SUELLE2.dlg when i look at it with DLTC Editor Pro v7.4g but i don't know how use it. :blink: Maybe later i will or not. :ermm:

#9 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

So nobody else has these problems, i guess these are then my local BWP expert-install problems. :unsure:

#10 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

During testing, I had those problems. Generally, Ninde's scene and RE would work if Saerileth, Kivan, and RE were installed. Only RE would work if The Darkest Day was installed. I couldn't remember what is supposed to happen with suelle2 and Kivan, but it never happened.

I'm not going to make any guesses on a possible solution. With Ninde, you automatically get the "good" ending variable in ToB if you didn't end get the branch in SoA. If anyone's curious, Saerileth gets her wedding variable, even though her branch does not occur.

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

During testing, I had those problems. Generally, Ninde's scene and RE would work if Saerileth, Kivan, and RE were installed. Only RE would work if The Darkest Day was installed. I couldn't remember what is supposed to happen with suelle2 and Kivan, but it never happened.

I'm not going to make any guesses on a possible solution. With Ninde, you automatically get the "good" ending variable in ToB if you didn't end get the branch in SoA. If anyone's curious, Saerileth gets her wedding variable, even though her branch does not occur.

Yes, only RE with Ellesime is working for me.

I have played Ninde and Saerileth many times over these several years before this BWP came out so i know those scenes went. But it would be nice if they work in BWP expert-install also.

I don't know anything about Kivan and Deheriana, i haven't played them before BWP.

You don't get Amulet of Seldarine from Ellesime and that's very bad. :devil:  I like items very much. :P

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Unfortunately, TDD completely alters Ellesime's dialogue by splitting it up and never going back to the original end, which causes all sorts of problems.

Without significantly altering the intention of TDD's ending, it's pretty difficult to make them compatible with other mods that change Ellesime's dialogue. As it is, they might just have to remain incompatible.

#13 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well... then i have to live with this problem. :crying: 

I can't live without BWP expert-install and TDD, Saerileth and Ninde mods. :P

#14 -seden-

-seden-

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

By now, BWS latest version do not allow to install all the mods together (be it in Expert setting).

So, it seem that worry has not been addressed at all.
(TDD move to structurally change one of the key npc dialogue is either Bold and inconsiderate as to compatibility :( ).

So, I guess this install will have to go without TDD..

#15 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

I made test install with "fixed" TDD (thanks 10th) and Kivan, Ninde, Saerileth and Romatic Encounters mods.

My earlier analysis of the problem was partly wrong. TDD doens't break Kivan and Saerileth mods but Romantic Encounters component "The Queen, by Domi" does break them.

TDD breaks Ninde restoration.

So Kivan and Saerileth can be installed with TDD but Ninde can't without "fix".

Romantic Encounters component "The Queen, by Domi" can't be installed with Kivan and Saerileth at least without some kind fix but i don't know how fix d-files.

#16 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

I already posted the incompatibility into the RE forum, thank you for the report!

Although I am confused: Would the compatibility be restored if RE was installed first - I didn't check the code, but the mod installed first would interject last, so this should restore compatibility? Isn't the install order -first RE, then NPC mods- not the recommended one, anyway (considering some mods might have RE related crossmoc content)?

#17 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

I already posted the incompatibility into the RE forum, thank you for the report!

Although I am confused: Would the compatibility be restored if RE was installed first - I didn't check the code, but the mod installed first would interject last, so this should restore compatibility? Isn't the install order -first RE, then NPC mods- not the recommended one, anyway (considering some mods might have RE related crossmoc content)?

Yes, you are right but Leonardo Watson has decided the install order in BWP so it's up to him to change it or not to change it.

Alien and co-authors decide what BWS does.

Edited by micbaldur, 08 March 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#18 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

Has this been fixed?

#19 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

Has this been fixed?

BWS has been fixed by changing install order RE first then Kivan and Saerileth.

Leonardo hasn't change install order yet in BWP bat-install but i did in my bat-file.

Ninde and TDD incompability probably hasn't fixed. There is workaround which 10th introduced earlier and i use it on my BWP bat-install.

#20 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

Shit this after making test install with BWP 15.0.2 install order (RE first and then Kivan and Saerileth) doesn't fix this problem.

So as far as i know Kivan v 14 (v 15 doesn't install on BWP bat-file, it probably won't matter in this case) and Saerileth are still incompatible with RE component "The Queen, by Domi" unless RE get fixed.