Odd script problem CreateCreature in Sylmar Battlefield

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I encounter odd "bug" or maybe it's compile error. I don't know what to think about it.

I started Zyraen's Sylmar Battlefield mod. No i don't think that is bug that mod (played that mod without problems at previous BWP installs) this is something new.

Denaton teleports you to battle area ZY1800.ARE like he should.

I arrive ZY1800.ARE but any of the creatures aren't spawned at that area.

I checked ZY1800.BCS with NI:
Spoiler

I noticed that in CreateCreature action has error "CreateCreature("ZY1800WA",[1325.750],S)". It has S at I:Face parameter (it should be 0-15).

I checked the ZY1800.BAF from mod files and it has "0" in that I:Face parameter.

It's easy to repair with NI i thought but everytime i change that S to 0, compile and save it changes back to S.

Same thing happens if i do this with DTLCEP.

I don't understand why i can't change that.

Maybe some modder know what's happening.

Edited by micbaldur, 01 December 2012 - 05:21 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Freaky bug is freaky :lol: Find and export the file called ACTION.IDS please :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Freaky bug is freaky :lol: Find and export the file called ACTION.IDS please :)

Ok here it is.

Attached File  ACTION.IDS   28.05K   280 downloads

Hope it helps. I'm totally lost with this one. :blink:

Thanks for helping me yet again. :coolthumb:

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Check out line 411 in that :D I'm scanning for the culprit right now so this should be easy :P

As for the fix, delete line 411 and you should be golden (because there's a proper entry for CreateCreature in line 7) :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hope things are better now :) FFT caused this btw and hopefully, it will be fixed in the future ^_^

Nice catch though :cheers:

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

That worked. :clap:

Thank you yet again. :coolthumb:

Main thing is that i can continue playing. So back to Sylmar then. :lol:

#7 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hope things are better now :) FFT caused this btw and hopefully, it will be fixed in the future ^_^

Nice catch though :cheers:

Glad it helped to get BWP less buggier. :lol:

By the way does that FFT v 2.1 have that worldmap fix included.

Not that i'm reinstalling BWP in near future. :P

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

The BWP adds the worldmap thing to v2.0 :) The v2.1 update was released after the latest BWPFixpack got out :P

#9 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

The BWP adds the worldmap thing to v2.0 :) The v2.1 update was released after the latest BWPFixpack got out :P

Thanks for info.

Well i had to figured it out then when i do BWP reinstall sometimes in the future. Long way to go with this current BWP. Starting chapter 3 after i finish Sylmar.

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well i still have problems with this. :crying:

Starting cutscene hangs (ZY1800.ARE) and i don't have any control. Then after some time one of my ladies (i have several romances in progress :naughty: ) flirts me then i get control. But there are no elven warden, elves, orcs or nothing else.

When i look at save-file at NI ZY1800.ARE has right local variables and right actors but they don't show up at area in game.

Now that above CreateCreature bug is fixed i don't think it causes this anymore or does it. I don't know. :blink:

Or is reinstall only option? Well if it is then i skip this Sylmar Battlefield this time.

I don't post this at Zyraen's Silmarillion forum because this is not a bug in his mod. It worked in my previous BWP install.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Could you try resting/Ctrl + T'ing until the next banter/romance talk fires and THEN start the Sylmar thing? :P

Also, who's the NPC that flirts? And a line that she says would help locate whether the cutscene is from that mod :)

#12 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Also, who's the NPC that flirts? And a line that she says would help locate whether the cutscene is from that mod :)

Gentleman would never tell... :P

#13 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Could you try resting/Ctrl + T'ing until the next banter/romance talk fires and THEN start the Sylmar thing? :P

Ups. I was little unclear about that flirt thing. That's not what causes it just ends that hanging cutscene. At my last attempt none of the ladies flirt so cutscene didn't end and all i could do is ALT-TAB to windows (after several minutes) and close BG.

Problem is that cutscene hangs and party just stand there no sidebars, bottombar, no control.

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Gentleman would never tell... :P

One time it was Amber and other time it was Tyris. :Tasty:

Update:

I'm probably not a gentleman :naughty: because i romance Imoen, Jaheira, Yvette, Aerie, Nalia, Viconia, Amber, Kiara, Kim, Saerileth, Tyris, Tashia, Sheena, Fade, Sime and Ninde. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well a gentleman should know better than to let an chronic flirt prevent them from unleashing carnage on millions of orcs :devil:

I don't have the scripts or anything in front of me right now to confirm though... But details about the exact flirt mod that fires would be awesome if someone has to debug this ^_^

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

You should probably let the flirt fire before going to ZY1800 I guess :P Try that and report... Usually a couple of rests or a transition to another outdoor area is all it takes :)

Exact lines said by your romantic NPCs would help pinpoint what conditions they need for those flirts to fire (and how ZY1800 lets them meet those conditions :P)

#17 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I don't think that these flirts or anything related to romances is cause for this hanging cutscene but i kick all party members and go by myself to Sylmar.

Update:
I kick everybody out of party and left packmule previous area.

After dialogue with Denaton ends he sends me to ZY1800.ARE and CHARNAME just stands there without control.

ZY1800.BCS:
Spoiler

One question about cre-files.

What's the "script name" is in cre-file. ZYELSQMA.CRE has ZyELSQMa.

I have had problems with these script names earlier.

Edited by micbaldur, 01 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I have the mod installed so I can check it out on my end when I get home unless someone can help out before that :)

I was under the impression that some flirt also had a cutscene firing that interrupted Sylmar's original cutscene :P (I have no clue how flirts and romance tracks actually work in this game :lol:)

#19 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I have the mod installed so I can check it out on my end when I get home unless someone can help out before that :)

I was under the impression that some flirt also had a cutscene firing that interrupted Sylmar's original cutscene :P (I have no clue how flirts and romance tracks actually work in this game :lol:)

Well no hurry i have to stop playing soon. Time to rest even though sleep is overrated. :P

I managed to end cutscene with "SetCursorState()" but there aren't anyone there other than party. Then i quick saved.

When i checked save-file with NI there are 16 actors but none of those aren't anywhere at least in visible. Actors don't have any scripts or dialogues assign to them. I think that ZyELSQMa (Warden) should have dialogue-file ZY18WRDN.DLG.

I don't know what's wrong :blink: i'm totally lost with this at the moment. :wacko:

I think i'm.... :zzz:

#20 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Well this probably something that is broken in my local install only.

I have decided to skip this and move on to chapter 3. Maybe this works in my next BWP install.

I'm out of ideas ( :lol: like i know anything about modding) how to fix this.

Glad that little CreateCreature bug got fixed by Lollorian. :coolthumb: