Trouble using BWS

BWS already installed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -MattW-

-MattW-

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Ok, first up I am in no way a programmer, modder or in anything other a total noob. I played through BG2 back when I was a youngster and loved it, so now in a fit of nostalgia I've downloaded BG2 complete edition from GOG.

I've got myself a copy of BWS so I can install all these lovely mods that seem available however when I try to use it I seem to have hit a brick wall. After I've chosen my installtion options, path to BG2 etc and click to continue I get the message...

"Attention: According to your WeiDU.log, mods have been already installed.
You have not made a backup with the "BiG World Setup", therefore you must completely install "Baldur's Gate II" anew."

...I cant understand this as other than getting the installer I've not dowloaded or installed anything. What am I doing wrong oh wise forum?

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

There's WeiDU.log in your BG2-folder and there seem to be some mods installed that are logged in there...
To install the BWP, this file should not exist / be empty because otherwise the order of the installed mods would be incorrect or force mods to be un- and then reinstalled, which would botch the install itself.

So for starters, post the content of that file so someone can tell you what to do.

Edited by dabus, 02 December 2012 - 10:26 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 -MattW-

-MattW-

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

There's WeiDU.log in your BG2-folder and there seem to be some mods installed that are logged in there...
To install the BWP, this file should not exist / be empty because otherwise the order of the installed mods would be incorrect or force mods to be un- and then reinstalled, which would botch the install itself.

So for starters, post the content of that file so someone can tell you what to do.

Ok, found the file you mentioned and this is the contents....

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hmm, and you are sure you did not install this fix?
If you still got the setup-ddrawfix.exe, I suggest you uninstall the mod, remove the weidu.log in case the BWS does not continue (should not be the case), install the mods and after that, install the fix again. I'd do that since I'm not 100% sure if the installation of some executable-patches will affect other patches to the executable later. If you don't have a folder named DDRAWFIX or the setup in your folder, you could as well move the Weidu.log to another place and see if the installation works as expected. As said, only mods that would edit the bgmain.exe may be affected. others would be fine either way.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BWS, already installed