Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

File Name: Neera Expansion
File Submitter: K'aeloree
File Submitted: 07 Dec 2012
File Category: BG:EE Mods

This adds a series of dialogues to Neera in BG:EE, as well as a flirt menu for those who engage in a romance with her.

Make sure to read the readme, or installation won't work!

Let me know what you think!

Update in beta 5: New game romance change components, allow women to romance Neera and men to romance Rasaad!
Update in beta 7: CHARNAME and other tags now work! Thanks Wisp.

Click here to download this file

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Just a note that there's a new version up with some fixes and an updated installer courtesy of Cuv :-)

#3 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Any PID-talks?

#4 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Nice! I'm excited that people are coming out with BGEE mods so soon.

#5 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thank you for releasing this!

A few small potential typos:

Spoiler

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Dakk: I'm really not a fan of PID myself, so I tend not to include it in my mods. If anybody has a bunch of ideas for some PID topics, though, I might be willing to have a play... :)

hook71: Thanks! I'll make sure to include them in v1 :cheers:

AmyAE: Me too!

#7 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the answer :)

I'm pretty non-committal regarding PID's, I just wanted to be sure I don't miss out on content!

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

No problem!

New version is up, by request you can now choose how much time elapses between dialogues and all of hook71's typos are fixed. :cheers:

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

And, since I did feel a little guilty at the lack of much romantic content for Neera--I've just added a flirt menu for those so inclined.

#10 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

And some very minor (potential) typos in the flirts. :whistling:

Spoiler

#11 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

First, thank you for this. :new_thumbs:

I would like to point out a bug, if I may. I am at the stage in Neera's romance of NEERA_ROMANCE == 2, and have just reached Nashkel. I went to rest at the inn, and after the rest is complete, the flirt dialog pops up automatically -- no interaction or keypress on my part -- and when I navigate out ot it, I now notice that NEERA_ROMANCE == 3! What the! No talk, just the flirt dialog. I uninstalled this, and did the same (rested at inn). Without this, I got the first dream sequence, and no talk from Neera, and romance flag still set at 2. So... something is not quite right, methinks. If you're still working on it, I hope you will take the time to check it out. Thanks again.

#12 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ok, I think that bug may be in the game itself, not your mod. Oops! Now... I re-loaded a save where I had just entered Nashkel, and not yet spoken to anybody -- your mod still uninstalled. I then immediately exited Nashkel and went directly to the summer fair map. I slept outdoors, got the first dream sequence, and... BAM! NEERA_ROMANCE == 3! No Neera talk, just the dream scene. Looks like a game bug to me, anyhow.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the false alarm, and keep up the great work. :cheers:

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think it might be a game bug, yep, but I should probably look into it anyway--thanks for pointing it out! I may need to work around it :)

#14 -Stephanie-

-Stephanie-

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Would it be possible to have a mod that just removes the gender restrictions? I'm tempted to get this mod just for that. I'm sure the writing is great and I look forward to the flirts and everything later, but I wanted to play the original romance once before adding new dialogue (and playing a male breaks immersion for me).

#15 -Stephanie-

-Stephanie-

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Sorry, just remembered that that's a component of BG2 Tweaks, which is supposed to still work. Ignore the above, and thanks for making this great mod, I look forward to playing it ^_^

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hey Stephanie! This mod is probably going to be more useful for you, since it actually changes all gender-references in the romance as well (otherwise you would be referred to as a man in several sections of dialogue). In the installation you have the choice of which components you install, and of course you do not need to install anything other than the romance changes. :)

#17 -Stephanie-

-Stephanie-

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Sweet! Thank you so much, and thanks for the quick response :Bow:

#18 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

The typos I reported in post #10 above are still present in beta 7.

EDIT: Fixed in version 1 of the mod, now released!

Edited by hook71, 04 January 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#19 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

So... any chances of making a BG2EE version of the mod? I'm thinking mostly about the same-sex romance part. Rasaad, particularly. I realize it's not been long since the release date, but it'd be nice to know if there's a possibility of continuing what started in BG1EE anywhere in the future. I'm willing to bet a lot of people would be delighted at such news  :whistling:

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't think I will be, but I'd encourage someone else to do it :)