• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Revisiting this, you could - theoretically - cut down on the number of characters you have to copy/paste, but it would mean adding one more state to the dialogue.

Looking at the one line with the multiple possibilities...

++ ~I like bugs.~ + response2

Then further down your D...

IF ~~ response2

SAY ~Oh?~ 

IF ~RandomNum(3,1)~ THEN + response2a

IF ~RandomNum(3,2)~ THEN + response2b

IF ~RandomNum(3,3)~ THEN + response2c

END

And then you could put the part of the NPC reply where it's different in three separate states. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Once the mod is traified, it's all going to be @345 or whatever anyway.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#42 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

Thank you, Berelinde! This way seems somewhat more logical to me, I think.

Nocturne, thank you kindly for the offer, but while it's nice to collaborate, when you work alongside someone it becomes more pressuring - you have to have some deadlines or whatnot. At this moment in my life, I enjoy this mod-writing because I do it at my leisure and I can take a year, two or three if that's how life goes :) Or eight, if I follow into BigRob's footsteps with Aklon :D Hopefully not. Maybe at a later date when I have done enough myself that it'd be certain I'm not wasting anyone's time.

#43 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Heh, I totally get that! I am quite busy myself atm, so I'm not sure how much time I could dedicate, either. However, I've always wanted to try my hand at writing dialogue, and I believe I could be quite good at it too, so 'twould be fun to try. :) The offer still stands if you'd feel like it down the road, though I certainly don't want to pressure you. :) Good luck with your project!