Help! Morale Failure/Break

morale shadowkeeper dltcp help newb

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Ayvazi-

-Ayvazi-

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi...so I just started playing BG2/TOB and decided to mod my character. I've used Shadowkeeper to tweak my stats, abilities, etc., on a very casual basis for... all of 2 days.

But something happened, and it has made the game unplayable unless it can be fixed. My character instantly breaks morale whenever attacked, and becomes an unstoppable killing machine outside of my control - including butchering the rest of the party.

I screwed up somewhere, but I don't know how to fix the morale state, or what stats or what program, and I can't even use DLTCP or Near Infinity because I'm not smart enough to be able to install them even without a detailed, handholding walkthrough that I haven't found yet.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Here's info to the tools... other than that, what weapon does the character have at it's hand? The cursed +3 two handed sword in BG1 can do that ....

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Ayvazi-

-Ayvazi-

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Angurvaald and Celestial Fury, it started happening after I did a bunch of immunity edits. I think I screwed something up wth #106 but am at complete loss... I have managed to install (finally...) Near Infinity and DTLPC, but DTLPC won't actually let me edit (and it's too confusing for 2 digit IQ guy like me), same with Near Infinity really. Basically I just need someone to tell me what to do.

#4 -ayvazi-

-ayvazi-

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Finally able to edit with DLTCEP, and NI is working, but I have no idea what to do... I was about to find and edit 106 seemingly in DLTCEP and it did nothing to sovle... also strangely #23 is cure horror rather than the morale stat....

so frustrated...

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Angurvaald and Celestial Fury, it started happening after I did a bunch of immunity edits. I think I screwed something up wth #106 but am at complete loss... I have managed to install (finally...) Near Infinity and DTLPC, but DTLPC won't actually let me edit (and it's too confusing for 2 digit IQ guy like me), same with Near Infinity really. Basically I just need someone to tell me what to do.
Well, with DTLPC, you need to start fisrt, then hopefully you have it setup correctly, and then do this: Settings -> untag the "Read Only" ... and then you can edit files.
I need to know a bit about what the problem in the NI is, can you load a game(if you put the .jar file into the game folder you won't have this problem) ? And have you actually clicked the file format folders(double click)... the save games are for example in the GAM folder...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: morale, shadowkeeper, dltcp, help, newb