BWP v11.3

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

You have same problem as this guy: http://www.shsforums...back-and-watch/

He solved it by changing his user account settings, probably some admin privileges.

#42 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Start a CMD as admin (right-click), go to your bg2-path, try to run BiG World Install.bat again.
Edit: Oops.

Edited by dabus, 08 February 2013 - 03:34 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I did a full BWP Expert install a while back hoping to find some stuff out :P During install, I noticed some stuff errored out... but these aren;t logged into the BiG World Debug.txt though :unsure:

Are the errors logged elsewhere? I really have no clue which mods errored out even lol :lol: But a search for "error" in the Debug.txt just gave me hits from RoT'error' :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#44 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Read the last page lol... :P

#45 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Wow I feel stupid now :doh: We NEED those error logs though! :D I have no clue what's wrong with my install... and not knowing makes me restless :ermm:

@Test Person: You mentioned Ghareth and Turnabout copied ar6200.baf into the main folder but I don't see code anywhere that might cause this :unsure:

Oh and yeah global tisunpack/oggdec updating makes the motherboard sing the happy birthday song during the BWP install (and trust me, that's scary when you hear it the first time :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#46 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Why don't you look into those Debug-files if you are restless?

#47 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I hate grep :( But yeah, easy enough I guess :P

Anyway, a gripe about the current UI setup... It was kinda jarring when I started up the install and was greeted with an unstretched stoney kinda ugly UI :D (later realized it was from TutuGUI) Not complaining though, I just dumped all the unpacked mods I had and let the batch run :P I'd prefer WGUI over it...

Just personally think UI mods should be entirely optional and the game should use the default UI (hopefully enhanced when 1ppv4 starts being used) unless explicitly specified :P Could options be added for both TutuGUI and W_GUI at the start (like FP&PS/3rd Ed gets selected)

Especially considering that the current place where UI mods are installed (before gen_biff) makes it really tedious to change/remove them once everything's installed :unsure:

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Forgot to mention this before :P

The install.bat seems to copy an mtee.exe in the root of the drive where the BWP is being installed :)

#49 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Is it possible that the AI scripts don't like the new NPCs? Since on several occasions I found my ranged NPC attacking my other NPCs. Changing to another script in ucstomize didn't help.

#50 Jezzer

Jezzer
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi

I've done a recommanded installation of BWP v11.3 a few weeks ago. Thanks a lot you guys, you're work is amazing !!!

Here's my first impressions :

- I really don't like "Resurrected igi's spell adjustments" : it makes the game far too easy, and spellcasters far too powerfull compared to warriors.

- I don't like "Igi's learn through use" either. The idea's interesting, but the settings are not right, and you get proficiencies upgrade too soon, making the game too easy again.

Also I've got a question about "Hard Times BGT" and "Dark Horizons". I remember playing and enjoying these 2 mods, but they were not installed in my recommended installation. Are they somehow incompatible with other mods?

Thanks in advance!

#51 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Why would you guess that those mods would be installed in your case of installation?
From my impression of reading critiques, they either add more challenging re-spawns or some hard to sick fights and way too overpowered items to BG1.

#52 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Why would you guess that those mods would be installed in your case of installation?
From my impression of reading critiques, they either add more challenging re-spawns or some hard to sick fights and way too overpowered items to BG1.

Well, someone can get their rocks off by getting their behind handed to them repeatedly ... and good items costing them way too much to buy, but then giving nilch to sell at... :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#53 SweetDeath

SweetDeath
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

:crying: i dont want to install all again... hahaha.... :new_thumbs:  i will try to play some months and after use the new update :tease: .... good work !!!

Regards,

#54 -jezzer-

-jezzer-

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

OK thank you I understand: I wanted to do a standard install, but I think I did a recommanded one instead... Arrgrggghhh!!!!

Anyway thanks a lot for your answer!

#55 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

You won't get that tactic content in a standard install either. :P

That's the concept of the selections:

Recommended: good mods based on consensus)
Standard: additional mods that should not bork but don't alter the game too much, like make it (too) hard, put Final Fantasy cheapskate spells in and so on...
Tactic: your hardcore-beat em up
Expert: you better be one because we throw all the bugs at you

If you know how to do it, you could also adjust the batch to your preferences and add those mods to a recommended install (for instance).

Edited by dabus, 15 February 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#56 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

@Leonardo: What does this KIT.REF in the fixpack do?

The left column seems to be bad values, and right column seem to be good values... but the first 2 rows have the bad values on the left and good values on the right for some reason :unsure:

#57 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Finally the guides are updated!

The install.bat seems to copy an mtee.exe in the root of the drive where the BWP is being installed

Yes, I know of that, however, I don't know why this happens

Leonardo: What does this KIT.REF in the fixpack do?

It should repair some possibly faulty entries in the KIT.IDS (called by fix_Kit_IDS.bat). Without this Innate_Fix cannot be installed.
I'm not sure about the first two rows. But that's the way how also BG2Fixpack changes them so I thought this would be right:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBARBARIAN\b~              ~0x0000 BARBARIAN~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bWILDMAGE\b~               ~0x0000 WILDMAGE~

#58 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

But that's the way how also BG2Fixpack changes them so I thought this would be right:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBARBARIAN\b~              ~0x0000 BARBARIAN~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bWILDMAGE\b~               ~0x0000 WILDMAGE~

That's the faulty old way that THE WRONG one, the refinements one is correct...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#59 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Morituri.tp2 has needs slight adjustment (tilde needs to be moved after the closing bracket).

LANGUAGE ~French~ (Traduit par Deratiseur)
	 ~French~
	 ~Morituri/tra/French/Setup-Morituri.tra~

Shout is missing in _ids_ref\Action.ids
106 Shout(I:ID*SHOUTIDS)

Edited by dabus, 17 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#60 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

This is for BWPFixpack v11.3.3:

- There's a c#ajan.baf in the main folder for some reason :unsure:

- _IDS_Files_Backup's KIT.IDS still uses old 0x0000 values for WILDMAGE and BARBARIAN (as Jarno said, they should be updated because the BWP uses ToBEx as an essential mod)

- Lolfixer's been updated to 05022013 :P

- Arena and Saerileth got no love :(

- None of these got in as well (I think I have an updated YLItems or something... I'll attach it here for all to download until you download it)

- com_encounters, DarkHorizons, vampiretales adn THeUndying have been updated so some items can be deprecated

- CtB and planarspheremod have Trimpack patches in them (attaching the non-trimpacked patch files for you to download... CtB also includes the above patch and the planarsphere PSBOLT01.itm thing that you missed :P)

- mazzy (friendship) has also been updated so a mazzy25j.d.patch can be deprecated

- RoTerror needs this for a BGT game

I'll also attach my custom BWPFixpack like last time so everything can be checked with a quick diff in WinMerge or something :P

(if anyone else if gonna use them - know that it updates BG2Fixpack to v10RC3 and does not support 1PP because I use v4.1 :D)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 24 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.