Photo

Error installing MAJESTIC Spell Fixer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 taotree

taotree
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

This is on a tactics install using BiG_World_Setup-20130117_1. After I got the error, I went to http://www.shsforums...olfixer-thread/ and downloaded the latest package, unzipped in BGII folder and retried. I still got this error (it looked the same anyway).

C:\games\BaldursGate2>Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - Creature Resource Fixer (res_fixer for ALL CREATURES) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - Inventory Unborker (removes spurious references to the item table) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - Inventory Cleaner (removes items that don't exist and converts them into already present items where applicable) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - MAJESTIC Creature Fixer (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Creature Stuff - Duplicate Creature Effect Remover (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - Item Resource Fixer (res_fixer for ALL ITEMS) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - MAJESTIC Item Fixer (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - Portrait Icon Assigner (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - Proper Immunity Assigner (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - Duplicate Item Effect Remover (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Item Stuff - MAJESTIC Item Checker (LolFixer) was installed successfully.
Spell Stuff - Spell Resource Fixer (res_fixer for ALL THE SPELLS) (LolFixer) was installed successfully.

ERROR: parsing [BALDUR.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [BALDUR.BCS] -> [override/BALDUR.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Spell Fixer (LolFixer) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

This is the same error as this :unsure: (and Leonardo's post suggests it's fixed in the latest BWP tools)

If there's a file called KIT.IDS in your override folder, attach it so maybe someone could fix it for you :) (grab NearInfinity and export KIT.IDS if you don't find it in the override)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 -altur-

-altur-

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi i also got this error, with the same prequel error on the same file baldur.bcs from innate set level 0 but found your fix file and no errors.
[BALDUR.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 515 column 1-31
Near Text: BERSERKERtF
    syntax error

[BALDUR.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 515 column 1-31
Near Text: BERSERKERtF
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BALDUR.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [BALDUR.BCS] -> [override/BALDUR.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Fixer], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1900 files for [LOLFIXER.TP2] component 14.
Uninstalled    1900 files for [LOLFIXER.TP2] component 14.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG to Lollorian
Automatically Skipping [Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Fixer] because of error.

i do have that kit.ids in my override

0x40e6 shaptw
0x40e7 shaptF
0x40e0x400D BLADEtw
0x40e0x4001 BERSERKERtF
0x40ea BERSERKERtw
0x40eb WIZARDSLAYERtF
0x40ec WIZARDSLAYERtw
0x40ed KENSAItF

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

0x40e0x400D BLADEtw
0x40e0x4001 BERSERKERtF
Remove the second "x" from those... so it should be like this:
0x40e0400D BLADEtw
0x40e04001 BERSERKERtF

What ever the reason, the kit.ids needs to be the non bite format'ed one... awhich can't have but one "0x" at the start, as that tells the base number is 16(hexadecimal).

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 February 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -altur-

-altur-

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Are you sure? what i did was match the kit.ids to the kitlist.d2a since 0x40ea could correspond to column  240 BERSERKERtw in the kitlist.d2a. i made sure that all entries in the kit.ids matched the same entry in kitlist.d2a, all the other entries was poiting to that. this made it pass the install anyway but i have no idea if it is correct.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Are you sure? what i did was match the kit.ids to the kitlist.d2a since 0x40ea could correspond to column  240 BERSERKERtw in the kitlist.d2a.

Well, then the file is wrongly named, it should be kitlist.2da ... unless the .kitlist.d2a file is just what the mods installation process prints out and then it not faulty, but just a part of the problem.... as something cheeses it before it's printed.

But that's besided the point, the kit.ids files number needs to be in a hexadecimal number(0xXZYABCDE*), or if it's not, none of the creatures can have it... and that's what causes the .bcs compilation error.

*Where the X, Z, Y, A, B, C, D and E are numbers from 1,2,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e. The "0x" is the marker which makes it the hexabased number.
So yes, I am farely assure of this..., you might want to --change-log the kit.ids file and see which mod cheesed it up.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 February 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Ah yes, please do a  changelog of KIT.IDS and attach both the log and the changelog folder :)

Also, what you did with the IDS -> 2DA mapping was badass (and while wonky, I don't think that's how those files work together :P) So removing the extra 'x' like Jarno said was right :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#8 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hmmz i did mean the kitlist.2da file which i found in the override folder and browsed with infinite explorer, Jarno what i meant was wether you were sure the new value was correct because just removing the x would give and entry that did't make sense(from what i know so far).

There are in total 484 entries in the Kitlist.d2a and exactly the same amount in kit.IDS. in kit.ids all entries except the errendous ones are between 0x4(001->1e4) which in decimal is 1->484( if you ignore the first digit) ,this is the same as in kitlist.2da and all entires matched exactly (number and name) except those faulty ones, there were 6 in total if i remeber correctly.

Not sure the installer would have mentioned the other ones since i changed them aswell before retrying. i could be wrong in this but where would those weird number have pointed otherwise? since they would have been quite large (0x40e04001 for exampl), according to http://iesdp.gibberl...formats/ids.htm thats what .ids files are for ?

The .ids files are used in the compilation as a lookuptable and in this case in baldur.bcs some character or the like was using a kit that could not translated properly ?.

I tried the change.log bat script but ran into a problem i coud't figure out, i

Parse error (state 680) at LPAREN

[SETUP-BGT.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 9407 column 1-10
Near Text: (
    GLR parse error

[SETUP-BGT.TP2]  ERROR at line 9407 column 1-10
Near Text: (
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-BGT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Thanks for your help

Edited by altur, 18 February 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Parsing.Parse_error

That's the exact same error as in here... try to remove all the things that say setup-bgt* from your game directory...

#10 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Sorry no change, and if i remove the setup-bgt.tp2 file then i get the same error as the other guy in that thread.

#11 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

I had the same problems with the Inate 1 and the Lolfixer.  I removed the second x from all entries in kit.ids that had multiple x's and they both installed fine. I hope I didn't break any kits though...  

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

What's causing these duplicate X's to happen in the first place though? :blink:

#13 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I had the same problems with the Inate 1 and the Lolfixer.  I removed the second x from all entries in kit.ids that had multiple x's and they both installed fine. I hope I didn't break any kits though...  

For me it was berserker tw/tf , priest of talos/ilmater/helm that had wrong numbers i just tried creating those classes without problems, can you create characters with those you had?

Edited by altur, 18 February 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

For me it was berserker tw/tf , priest of talos/ilmater/helm that had wrong numbers i just tried creating those classes without problems, can you create characters with those you had?

After yes, before no. :D And you might want to delete the savegames you made before you corrected the x'es.

@LoL, that's where the --change-log would be a darn fine thing :devil: ... but I bet it has something to do with the function that prints the value to the kit.ids .

#15 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

For me it was those two plus a block of 8-10 entries a few down the list as well

#16 Souledge

Souledge
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

This happened while performing a standard BWS install (latest version).

Kit.ids (multiple and borked Barbarian/Wildmage entries + the double x entries)
Spoiler

This is the change-log:
Spoiler

Edited by Souledge, 15 April 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#17 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

This is the change-log:

Nope, that's not the whole of the end result... attach the rest of the change.log folder too so we can actually see which mod caused the double. Yeah, it seems to be caused by the Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs, but you actually also note that there's two of these:

0x4012 BEASTFRIEND 
0x40000000 BARBARIAN 
0x80000000 WILDMAGE 
0x4020 Mage_Hunter 

&

0x41da truerestF 
0x41db truerestw 
0x40000000 BARBARIAN 
0x80000000 WILDMAGE 
0x0000 BARBARIAN
0x0000 WILDMAGE 

@Lollorian: just so you won't get bored and don't know what to do next, install the G3debug suite and fix all the misakes it notices.

Edited by The Imp, 15 April 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#18 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Could you look at the BiG World Setup\logs\BiG World Install Debug.txt and see if these lines were executed?

Call ".\BiG World Installpack\trim_IDS.bat"
Call ".\BiG World Installpack\fix_Kit_IDS.bat"

First is for trimming leading and trailing spaces/remove duplicates, second for correcting some possibly corrupted IDS files.
Should be. Output would be suppressed currently, but I could change that (did it to test if it would be executed on my PC),

Can you copy the ids to another folder and launch those command from the cmd-prompt after changing into the BG2-directory and see if they fix the problem?
If they do, I'll have to look at the BWS,

Edit:
Ran it here and it got sorted and 0x40000000 BARBARIAN is in line 33 now 0x0000 BARBARIAN in line 480 after running trim.
After running fix_kit_ids, both are changed to 0x40000000.

Using the BWS to change the batch-files was ok and running them on your file resulted in the same.
Maybe you could be having problems with findstr or something else cmd-related?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#19 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Take a look at Refinements's kit duplication code, because every one of those kits mentioned above was created by it (you can recognize Refinements's kits from their tf and tw ending).

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board