Shadow Door is broken.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm playing a Tactics install with the most recent BWS.  When one of my dudes gets mazed by a Shadow Door, the maze effect is permament - it doesn't go away in 1d4 rounds like the description says.  Even Ctrl-R won't fix it.  The effect also doesn't go away with Ctrl-T.  I have to cast Freedom.  Anyone else having this problem?

#2 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Have you installed Spell Revisions? The mod makes the spell "Imprisonment" a permanent "Maze" instead. Because of the engine, it is not possible to change the description in the character screen I think, so it will say Mazed.

#3 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yup, I have.  And I saw discussion about that in another thread.  I haven't been properly "Mazed" yet, so I don't know if all maze effects are permanent with a Tactics install.  I kinda have a feeling that the component that "fixed" Imprisonment is playing badly with some other mod in the Tactics install and it made all Maze effects permanent.

It's not hard to work around, but this seems like kind of a big bug because nearly every high level mage casts Shadow Door.  And I hate CLUA-ing if I don't have to.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

And I hate CLUA-ing if I don't have to.

Is a part of that at least that you think you need to remember stuff to CLUA them in ? Cause the console remembers the last 10 lines it has inserted to it, so you only have to push the Up -button for it to be auto insert the last lines it has been inserted with. :naughty:

The spells projectile is probably been replaced by something else...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Nah, I just don't like cheating if possible. ;)

I catch my hand reaching for CTRL-R all the time and smack my hand.

Edited by Darpaek, 25 February 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#6 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Maze, as per the spell and as per a Maze trap, is not permanent.