Charm Person, broke?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have searched, yet found nothing:

Whenever an enemy uses Charm Person on my party, they just stand around hostile. I.e. they get charmed, get a red circle 'neath their feat and the "Charmed" status icon, but they don't persue or even attack other party members! This makes Charm Person (And other charms aswell, I suspect!) not much of a threat!

I suspect this is ToBEx doing as it seems the most likely. I am not sure however!

Attached Files

#2 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Pretty sure this is a feature from some mod or another. That's what Charm is supposed to do in PnP if I recall correctly... whereas Dire Charm/Domination etc... gives the caster full control over the charmed creature.

Sadly this is not replicable when the player casts Charm on a creature (so I believe).

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for your reply, Beleg!

I have suspected as much myself, but found it really odd that I could charm creatures and they'd be fully controllable - furthemore I don't remember how Charm Person worked in vanilla BG1, it seems unfair that I can utilize this but not opponents... I suppose the more dangerous opponents (Sirens, etc) will use Dire Charm / Domination instead?

I will go scrutinize aTweaks, as that is the only real "PnP tweakpack" I've got. Thank you again.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

You can check whether ToBEx is behind this by temporarily renaming ToBEx.DLL to something else and playing the game :)

If the issue persists, the culprit is something else :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

You can check whether ToBEx is behind this by temporarily renaming ToBEx.DLL to something else and playing the game :)

If the issue persists, the culprit is something else :P

That's a very good idea, Lollorian! Sadly, 'Tis hard to replicate the situation as Charm Person fails so often due to the +3 Save Bonus. I can confirm, however, that Dire Charm works as it used to - ran into an Ogre-Mage in the mountains who charmed both Branwen and Shar-Teel...who proceeded to destroy the rest of the party! I was able to Charm Person a Gnoll or two to keep them busy with that, but Viconia died in the end...

When 'Tis only Charm Person that works like this, I feel 'Tis not that big of deal. I was worrying Mental Dominiation and Dire Charm had similar behavior, however, which they don't. I will try your advice the next time I run into a Charm Person-caster. :)