Photo

big world+

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

long time fan of Baldur's Gate and Dungeons & Dragons; pen-n-paper or computer.

I'm thinking BG-realm would be a fitting place for a last adventure for some of my PnP characters.

Anyone willing to help get a mod outta it? (posted over at Gibberlings3.net as Sarevok)

Anyways, playing Baldur's Gate series I'd like to use the BiG World Setup but have a few other mods also I'd like to play with; how can I tell setup to check/run those?

Ingame Problem: Suddenly none party members melee attack works, dialog box says attacks but thats it then nothing. Ideas? (kinda hard to play melee fighter w/ 2-handed sword if meleeing's not working no more)

Did a restore with BWS, still there the problem.

Aha_Sig.png

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Ingame Problem: Suddenly none party members melee attack works, dialog box says attacks but thats it then nothing. Ideas? (kinda hard to play melee fighter w/ 2-handed sword if meleeing's not working no more)

Erhm does tha game say the samage is not effective ? Or something ? Cause for example the golems etc creatures need to be hit with magical weapons ... or blunt weapons of a certain level... +1 or some even with +3 ... and if the lich uses the protection from magical weapons, you need to pretty much use the Spellstrike speel to bring that down and then hit him with +3 weapons... yeah, this has always been part of this game !

Anyone willing to help get a mod outta it? (posted over at Gibberlings3.net as Sarevok)

Linking in to it might be worth something.

Well, the BWS has the setup compilation customization window... here:
capturevmp.png
People need to really read the FAQ in this forum...

Edited by The Imp, 13 April 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Erhm does tha game say the samage is not effective ? Or something ? Cause for example the golems etc creatures need to be hit with magical weapons ... or blunt weapons of a certain level... +1 or some even with +3 ... and if the lich uses the protection from magical weapons, you need to pretty much use the Spellstrike speel to bring that down and then hit him with +3 weapons... yeah, this has always been part of this game !

you tell me:

http://s8.postimg.or...etw/aaahbej.jpg

nothing at all.

Aha_Sig.png

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

you tell me:

aaahbej.jpg

nothing at all.

Erhm or someone gave Shank an armor you can't by pass...

Edited by The Imp, 14 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

you tell me:

-snip-

nothing at all.

Erhm or someone gave Shank an armor you can't by pass...

edit - those are Shank's attack rolls, I've not got even one roll there.

the melee attacks stopped working during Ankheg farm, not sure why. Though I think it happened before I put other party members on scripts (Jaheira, Kahlid, Garrick)... ranged attack worked fine for the most part.

anyways, since then reinstalled. even the clean-out-rats core melee not work. wonder if it has something to do with the temporary party you can get during trainning, though why problem didn't happen earlier I dunno.

Edited by Anchev, 14 April 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Aha_Sig.png

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hmm, what kit are you using ? Anything other in particular you can think of ? Like did you actually attack the character, yeah the script might not auto do it for you, or if you turned off the party AI, it will definitelly happen (the lantern at the right hand lower corner is gold lined if the party AI is on). darn your picture defeated that...
... and did you modify the ToBEx.ini (I am not exactly certain that the file is named that). Hmm, and what of the weapon you use ... does it reduce your attack rate per round...

Edited by The Imp, 14 April 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#7 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Nope, have reinstalled since then and used Big World Installer instead of Big World Setup... hopefully it works better now.

Still, I shall keep an eye out for what's been done and when should it happen again.  :)

Aha_Sig.png

#8 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

And recreated problem, so it has to do with setting a script or two or so to party members, and setting it back to "none" or "custom" nor reloading save fixes it. not sure what else to do.

edit: whew, norm save-save infront of Candlekeep Inn is fine.

edit 2: huh, again but this time didn't really change anything (just taking items from temp party trainning place). there's something else then...

edit new:

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDimm.cpp
Line: 1246

Exp: FALSE

Msg: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)
Run Debugger?

::::::::::::::EDIT: ran G3 Debugging Suite, attacked setup notepad text thingy.

Attached Files

Edited by Anchev, 15 April 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Aha_Sig.png

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

In a rush so...

Enable the ToBEx logging, read the ToBEx readme onhow to do that.
And this is funny:
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\English\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD1\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD2\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD3\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD4\]
Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD5\]
There's somethig off with the Baldur.ini files [Alias] - say like it points to a E drive which it shouldn't ! And you should actually have 5 CD's install of the game... Go open the file with Notepad and copy paste it to a post...
ran G3 Debugging Suite, attacked setup notepad text thingy.
That's not the debugger that the game is talking about... the debugger was a tool that the makers could use... not players. :P

Edited by The Imp, 15 April 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#10 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

EDIT NEWEST: fixed with BP-BGT-Worldmap...
Now my only problem is lag, it doesn't seem to matter what is checked or unchecked in Config.

[Alias]
HD0:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\
CD1:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\English\;G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD1\
CD2:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD2\;G:\ahDnD\BG2\English\;G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD2\
CD3:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\English\;G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD3\
CD4:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\English\;G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD4\
CD5:=E:\CD5\

^^^fixed last line; going to dig around. but yea my BG2 directory is G:\ahDnD\BG2

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 00:56:05)
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 01:00:59)
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 01:03:38] DETOUR_CScreenCharGen::DETOUR_KitPanelOnLoad(): Kit scroll bar not found
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 01:03:38] DETOUR_GetKitHelpText(): Kit selection scroll bar not found
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 01:03:38] DETOUR_CScreenCharGen::DETOUR_KitPanelOnUpdate(): Kit selection scroll bar or button 11 not found
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:08:44)
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:14:37)
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:18:06)
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:20:00] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98F677 File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 1246 Expression: FALSE Message: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:27:57)
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:30:03] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98F677 File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 1246 Expression: FALSE Message: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)
-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:52:17)
[Mon 15 Apr 2013 03:54:12] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98F677 File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 1246 Expression: FALSE Message: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)

Edited by Anchev, 15 April 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Aha_Sig.png

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

CD5:=E:\CD5\

^^^fixed last line; going to dig around. but yea my BG2 directory is G:\ahDnD\BG2

K, the last line should be:

CD5:=G:\ahDnD\BG2\CD5\ 

The lag... did you try all of these. Nope, that wasn't a question. :P :devil: But you really need to .bif the game to make it uaable at all... the Generalized Biffing can be easily uninstalled so...

Edited by The Imp, 15 April 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#12 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

And now melee ain't working again for some reason, all I can think is got killed by a bear. didn't do anything different.

EDIT: all right, lucky wasn't far from beginning. just reloaded working save-save. going to avoid quicksaving from now on.

EDIT 2: Where can I find a copy of Worldmap to view in say Paint or such for mod plans? Or must I screenshot it all myself? ( http://readme.spellh...0_huge_mini.jpg is too small pic for me)

Edited by Anchev, 15 April 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Aha_Sig.png

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

EDIT 2: Where can I find a copy of Worldmap to view in say Paint or such for mod plans? Or must I screenshot it all myself? ( http://readme.spellh...0_huge_mini.jpg is too small pic for me)

Well, you can open the file with NearInfinity if it's one of the newer versions and not the ancient v1.32... beta.

Or the other option is to look at it via DLTCEP.

#14 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

sigh... wheres the challenge with Ctrl+Y? attacks decides to not work AGAIN. even ranged this time.

EDIT: ranged wakes up on reload, melee doesn't however.

Edited by Anchev, 15 April 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Aha_Sig.png

#15 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well, not going to get far unless cheat with Ctrl+Y etc, no idea why now melee just decides to forget how to melee... might depend on the enemy, but then again...

also sometimes happens when anyone joins party... hmm...

EDIT - 7:30PM: might have found the problem being some inventory item when equipped, testing still...

Edited by Anchev, 15 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Aha_Sig.png

#16 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

uh new problem, or should I just reinstall the games (then mods) to a newer directory?

http://s24.postimg.o...wt0/helpnew.jpg

yeah my computer (mac) kinda crashed during an install with installer... had to force shut it off.

Anyways, where else might I be able to find BG mods to play with at some point or another? (already know of Spellhold Studios, Sorcerers.net, PocketPlane, Baldursgatemods, gibberlings3...)

Or anyone have/know where to find even the old mods? would like too keep a copy just in case.

------

At least I've still my worldmap screenshots, if I somehow attach them (space.mb/gb/whatever) could someone help piece it all together?

Aha_Sig.png

#17 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

yeah my computer (mac) kinda crashed during an install with installer...
ith a dual boot as the OS running in the picture is clearly a Windows.
At least I've still my worldmap screenshots, if I somehow attach them (space.mb/gb/whatever) could someone help piece it all together?
That's easy, I can do that if you just upload the pictures ... into a .zip archive to this forum, you have 30 MBs upload limit...

#18 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

yeah my computer (mac) kinda crashed during an install with installer...
ith a dual boot as the OS running in the picture is clearly a Windows.
That's easy, I can do that if you just upload the pictures ... into a .zip archive to this forum, you have 30 MBs upload limit...

deceptive pic is deceptive: http://s17.postimg.o...t6jr7ql/dec.png

as for map screenshots, yea they were taken with fraps so are all .bmp might be some duplicates cause wanted to be sure got all of it. So before .zip my computer said it was 1.7 GB, after .zip-ing its now according to comp 499MB... xD

you see (part of) my problem.

so to go through each one to save as .png or something, well, one at a time that is exactly 873 pics heh.

It's my own attempting to put together said world map from screenshots that caused said crash (heh, my bad), but this is what I had gotten anyways:

http://www.mediafire...d97sl7h5qjys8n3 (started bits)

map is fairly large itself, needs big resolution apparently ...

So here's a blank 15000x15000 (lol) just in case: http://www.mediafire...pk92ph2asf2h9b3

it might need bigger however... yea, I'd like for there to be good empty space all around it for me to add to for potential plannings...

that's if it hasn't been resized during upload...

Edited by Anchev, 17 April 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Aha_Sig.png

#19 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Maybe ask Eric for Mac-problems?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

deceptive pic is deceptive: 
dec.png
Well, I can still take it that you are actually running the Windows Operation system in the paralel window... as if you were actually running the Windows.
The difference is that you can run the .exe's even in the Mac. And the BG2 game actually needs to be the PC version, not the Mac one.

Eric uses the solo Mac, which is not cabable to run Windows programs, as it doesn't have the emolator, and he has the Mac version of the BG2 game.