Sorcerer kit kits modding bgee

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Heyah there guys. VERY long time - no see.

To cut the chase - i never managed to wrap my head around weidu and after so many years i know even less.

The thing i need/aim for is to create a new Sorcerer kit as apparently now they CAN have kits.

Ive also heard that the modding in BGEE is much easier.

So, is there any coder who would code the kit for me?

Or even better - someone who would teach me how to do that?

Maybe theres some nice tool for Kit creation for BGEE?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Irbis.

Edited by Irbis, 30 April 2013 - 03:59 AM.

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well, to tell you the truth, moding for BG:EE is not actually easier than for BG2, it's just that the tools already exist, and there's a lot of tutorials, now with the newest version of the weidu.exe(apparently the v231) you can install the old kits or any new ones without too many steps, previously as you can see you had to make the game ready to be modified, which kinda stank.

Now, for BG:EE all this is still true, except that you can actually make a Sorcerer or a Barbarian kit.

Now your best place to start is to make a Advantage - Disadvantage table and ask if it can be done, and pick it up from there.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Well, to tell you the truth, moding for BG:EE is not actually easier than for BG2, it's just that the tools already exist, and there's a lot of tutorials, now with the newest version of the weidu.exe(apparently the v231) you can install the old kits or any new ones without too many steps, previously as you can see you had to make the game ready to be modified, which kinda stank.

Now, for BG:EE all this is still true, except that you can actually make a Sorcerer or a Barbarian kit.

Now your best place to start is to make a Advantage - Disadvantage table and ask if it can be done, and pick it up from there.

Thank you kindly!

Your reply is very informative. Especialy those links you have provided.

Alright! So lets get down to the bussiness :)

Heres the desc.

(Additionaly i would like to inform that if a kind soul would like to help me make this kit i can do all sort of graphics for it like Icons, Special Effects and such)

ARCYAR

DESCRIPTION:
One out of thousands Sorcerers born as a Arcyar. The Arcyars are naturally connected to the Weave which grants them powers beyond any wizard could ever wish for. But everything comes with a price. The connection with Weave grants them various unique traits but also burns them slowly. There are many great Arcyars who actually ends up not using their magic at all in order to stop or slow down the process. A mortal body was just never intended to have such link with the raw Weave flow. They also often become a target for other wizards that wish to exploit the Arcyars inhuman magical capabilities. Especially the red wizards of Thay, which even pays great rewards for any information regarding Arcyars whereabouts. And actually, finding one isn't that hard as to magical eyes the Arcyars magical essence can be sensed and seen from great distances and causes magical disturbances where ever they go. Arcyars can be compared to a incredibly bright candles which flame burns out very quickly...

ADVANTAGES:
-WEAVE CHANNELING
Because of the Arcyar natural connection to the Weave he has natural spells immunity which grows in power with the Arcyar level.
    1 lvl - Immunity to all level 1 spells.
    5 lvl - Absorption of all level 1 spells which refreshes random level 1 spells of Arcyar (like spell "Spell Trap").
    9 lvl - All spells of level 1 actually heals 1D4 HP of the Arcyar
    13 lvl - Immunity of all level 2 spells.
    17 lvl - Absorption of all level 2 spells.
    21 lvl - All spells of level 1 and 2 actually heals 1D4 HP of the Arcyar
    25 lvl - Immunity of all level 3 spells.
    29 lvl - Absorption of all level 3 spells.
    33 lvl - All spells of level 1, 2 and 3 actually heals 1D4 HP of the Arcyar
(The Player has to bear mind that it also means that he will be immune to Positive spells too, such as healing, Shields etc. So the Arcyar growing power is a double edge sword.)

-PURE AURA
With growing experience the Arcyar learns to control his connection with the Weave enabling him to cast spells faster. Every 5 Experience Levels starting at Level 5 the Arcyar gains a cumulative -1 to Spell Casting speed with maximum being -5 at level 30.

-MAGIC OVERFLOW
Every 6 Experience Levels, starting from level 1, the Arcyar gains 1 Innate Ability "Magic Overflow".

Magic Overflow:
For 1 round/2 Experience Levels (to the maximum 10 rounds/ 1 turn) Arcyar magical aura is being cleared just like the high level wizard spell "Improved Alacrity". When "Magic Overflow" ends the Arcyar is terribly exhausted and suffers from Slow, Fatigued, cumulative 10% chance of Spell Failure and 1D8 HP loss (Current, not Total). The negative effects disappears after Resting.

-ARCANE CONDENSATION
Arcyar spells always seems to be more powerful then other mages spells. (kind a like Wild Mages but with a set and positive bonus)
    1 to 7 lvl    - Spells are being cast with +2 Spell Power bonus (E.g Level 1 Arcyar will cast Magic Missiles as he would be 3rd level Wizard)
    8 to 15 lvl    - Spell Power bonus increases to +3 Spell Power
    16 to 23 lvl    - Spell Power bonus increases to +4 Spell Power
    24+        - Final +5 to Spell Power

-AURA SKIN

Due to incredibly strong magical radiation, Arcyar skin has an invisible layer of pure magic essence.

This layer grants him a cumulative +2% Damage Ressistance from magical sources (Magic Fire, Magic Frost, Magic Damage) per 1 Expirience Level up to maximum 50% at 25th level.

DISADVANTAGES:
-Due to his overwhelming magical radiation, Arcyar makes all magical items malfunction and so he cannot use any of them.

-LIFE BURN
Being constantly connected to the raw Weave essence makes Arcyar body age faster the more powerful he becomes to the point when he can actually die from it, eradicated by the Weave powerful flow. That's also the main reason why you don't see many Arcyars that are both old and powerful. They just don't live that long.
Every 2 experience levels the Arcyar suffers permanent and cumulative loss of 1 point of Strength, Dexterity and Constitution

-PHYSICAL FRAGILITY

The raw magical powers that constantly circles thru Arcyar makes his body more and more fragile and so the Arcyar suffers a negative -5% Damege Ressistance from all sources (Slashing, Crushing, Missiles and Piercing) per 1 Experience Level down to final -100% at level 20th

Edited by Irbis, 30 April 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

I believe the rest can be done, except this portion of the effect...
-WEAVE CHANNELING
Erhm, and you might want to be a little wary about the physical frailty, as at level 20, that means 1 hit will kill them. As at level 18-19, the damage is multiplied by the factor *20... so damage of 4 points is received as 80 hit points.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

I believe the rest can be done, except this portion of the effect...

-WEAVE CHANNELING
Erhm, and you might want to be a little wary about the physical frailty, as at level 20, that means 1 hit will kill them. As at level 18-19, the damage is multiplied by the factor *20... so damage of 4 points is received as 80 hit points.

Hmm. I see. Well i recently played BGEE and remembered that Wizard Anti-mage summon (Hakeshar? something like that) had this kind of an effect attached to him. So i though it might be possibly to replicate it.

About the damage... Hmm. I always thought its a plain % math. like 10 +100% = 20. So basicly at the level 20 he would recive twice the original damage.

So what you are saying is... if someone has a Damage Ressistance lets say -10% it means that the damage i x10?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

So i though it might be possibly to replicate it.
About the damage... Hmm. I always thought its a plain % math. like 10 +100% = 20. So basicly at the level 20 he would recive twice the original damage.
So what you are saying is... if someone has a Damage Ressistance lets say -10% it means that the damage i x10?
The healing... hmm, I haven't seen any of the new opcodes decoded, so it's possible it's there...
Yeah, it's basic match, but you fail to account the factor of the percentage... as with negative damage resistance you actually receive more damage in the factor of:
Damage * (hundred percent, minus the penalty factor).
The -10% , reduces the actual damage resistance to 90%... which in turn turns say 20 damage points to 22 (it's calculated from this: 20 / 0.9 = 22.2222222), -20% to 25 damage points, -30% to 28 damage points, -40% to 33, and -50%(half) to 40 hitpoints ... and it only increases from there on out, a lots...

Edited by The Imp, 30 April 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#7 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

oooh. hmm.

Ouch.

Then how to should look to follow the guidelines?

And what about that Hakeshar's spells heals you effect?

And a sidenote:

After scouting various BGEE related websites i am kind a depressed lol. I mean the modding skyrocket right after the BGEE launch and now it just died off in thin air...

I remember how easy it was to find yourself some nice modders to team up with.

Gues it changed :(

OH almost forgoten. i CAN make all the needed SPL, ITM files with NI.

I just need someone who would compile all of this and make into a kit in WEIDU or something..

Edited by Irbis, 30 April 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sorcerer, kit, kits, modding, bgee