Neverwinter D&D MMO

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

I'm not fond of multiplayer games, but I'm interested in Neverwinter-related stuff, especially with NWN1 and Salvatore's related trilogy/tetralogy(if you exclude The Last Threshold). So when I heard of Neverwinter D&D MMO, I wanted to give it a try and went to the game's website: http://nw.perfectworld.com/ Alas, found out that I couldn't play it: "Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies." So... it's not available in Russia at all? Unlike, say, Diablo 3? I'll probably check it again this evening on my other computer that definitely isn't using any proxies. Still, it sounds like bad news.

#2 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Man, that's terrible.

I've been playing it for a while now (betatester) and if you can look past the "pay to win" aspect, it's a pretty fun game.

Of course you can form guillds and a party, but the game is also playable as a solo'er.

The graphics and gameplay are pretty good for a free to play game and there are plenty of races to choose from.

There are not that many classes, but the skill trees are fun and extensive. Also, new classes are data-mined from the game files, so I'm pretty sure they'll be implemented in the near future.

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Btw, I heard that you can register using a proxy and play the game when in Russia.

That error only shows up when you try to register, apparantly you can play the game just fine.

Might be worth a try.

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thanks! I guess I should try this solution sometime. Maybe we're not that unlucky, after all.

#5 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Alas, found out that I couldn't play it: "Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies." So... it's not available in Russia at all?

Yes, they have had Russia blocked about two years ago. Which means you're free to shoot fire at Mail.ru, who, may they burn, have bought exclusive distribution rights for PWI's games in Russia, and only offer localized versions.

I too have heard, however, that unlike some other games (i.e. Perfect World) you only can't register from Russia, while playing remains unhindered.

Edited by GeN1e, 23 June 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Retired from modding.

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Mail.ru sucks, naturally. :) Heh, I wonder if it works if I ask a friend from Ukraine...

#7 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Let me know how it works out.

I also wouldn't mind making an account for you, I have plenty of time now that I'm unemployed.... :ermm:

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Okay, it worked out. :) I logged in and created a character. And was that Alegni and Dalia in the prologue? Looked like them... ooohh... (is interested what happens next)

#9 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

• 643 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Cool, good luck.

Drop a line sometimes, I'm level 55, so I might be able to give you a hand.

Look for Plany@planetarnl (That's my handle)