Photo

[BUG] BGT-WeiDU version 1.18 corrupts 2 AI script files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taltamir

taltamir
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Took a lot of digging to find out what is causing this... Once I did I verified that this is indeed a bug caused by BGT by testing it on a clean install

The AI script files agen and apass do not work, and when you load a game it will automatically change any character who is currently set to either of those scripts to have the ai script "none" (none is an actual script file, just an empty one).

All the other scripts have been tested and do not exhibit this behavior (the resetting to none, I only arang for actual functionality... and it works fine).

In the attached file you can see the two affected script files before and after installing BGT.

Reverting BGT to the before script file fixes this issue.

My install order:

1. GOG BG1

2. GOG BG2

3. BG2 Fixpack (all installed, beta included)

tested at this point and verified that it works and that the scripts have NOT been modified.

4. BGT 1.18

examining it at this point shows the scripts have been modified to corrupt version.

Attached Files

Edited by taltamir, 25 July 2013 - 11:57 AM.

I do not have a superman complex; For I am God, not Superman!

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Good catch! BGT replaces agen and apass with its own versions, but this is a bit old because it destructively replaces these scripts. The idea is to add ActionListEmpty() trigger to each block to allow item shattering to function correctly. I'm not sure why loading the games result in the scripts automatically being set to none, though.

Edited by Ascension64, 25 July 2013 - 03:13 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 taltamir

taltamir
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Good catch! BGT replaces agen and apass with its own versions, but this is a bit old because it destructively replaces these scripts. The idea is to add ActionListEmpty() trigger to each block to allow item shattering to function correctly. I'm not sure why loading the games result in the scripts automatically being set to none, though.

most likely because the scripts are corrupt. If it didn't have a script check code it would have probably crashed the game instead.

If you set it to "agen" with the original script the character will fight enemies. If you use the BGT script the character will just stand still and do nothing

I do not have a superman complex; For I am God, not Superman!