BWP v13

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Finally with support for Stratagems v24! All bugs from BWPv12 are now (hopefully) fixed.

#2 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Thank you very much Leonardo!

I need a clarification, in the guide it says (for example) that the smarter beholders component of SCS shall not be installed with same component of BP, and that "generic creature and script processing" of BP cannot be installed with SCS AI.

But in fact from the sequence of installation in the guide (and from the weidu.log at the end) those components are installed togheter.

So, what is the right thing to do?

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

But in fact from the sequence of installation in the guide (and from the weidu.log at the end) those components are installed together.

So, what is the right thing to do?

Well, they install as is together fine, now you should understand though to choose either to get the mods own intented behaiviour, but if you choose both, they will both be there but there might be some insane things like all mages going first and formost to melee... that scenario is although, unlikely.

Edited by The Imp, 23 August 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thanks Leonardo, your time and effort are *greatly* appreciated. Are there other significant changes from v12.2.3?

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Leonardo, you are simply amazing! Thank you very much for the new version! :cheers:

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Notes for BWPFixpack v13 :D

- CtB.tp2's patch at line 7896 is not necessary if you use the latest v1.13a download

- DrizztSaga's setup_2.tra should've been setup.tra :doh: (I rename it to edit it side by side, forgot to rename it back - my mistake sorry)

- TDD's kitpack being restricted on the RoTerror kitpack should be removed because of ToBEx

- Undying's CMMISC01.ITM can be removed

- Vecna has lots of AREs and CREs in the BWFixpack can be removed

- BG2Tweaks hotfix (requires WeiDU v23110 - which means you'll need to give cre_check.tp2 and ninjawakifix.tp2 proper BACKUP paths... attached working TP2s in this post :P)

- c#ajantis_sva and Item_Pack patches can be deprecated

Most stuff reuploaded here for great justice :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 24 August 2013 - 09:18 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

Are there other significant changes from v12.2.3?

Besides the new Stratagems v24 instead of SCSI and SCSII there are Back to Brynnlaw and The Sellswords. Also 1PP component Softer Spell Effects will be installed dependent on the BGConfig settings.

- TDD's kitpack being restricted on the RoTerror kitpack should be removed because of ToBEx

If I do so, the ROT kits will be skipped if TDD kits are installed.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of removing the restriction in the TP2 itself :P

Here's TP2 with restrictions removed: the BEFORE Tp2 is just a trimpack-applied TP2 (use it as the base to make patches :))

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

The areas.tbl file for CtB inside the ~BWP_Compatibility folder in the BWPFixpack - Y U NO USE IT? :blink:

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

The areas.tbl...the BWPFixpack - Why aren't you Leonardo Watson using it at the base level of the Check the Bodies mod installs in BWI.bat ?
:devil: :twisted: :devil: :twisted:

And yes, the ROT kits and the TDD kits have had their BWP compatibility fix as long as the ToBEx first came out with the more than 10 kits per class fix... so why is it even a new issue again ?

Edited by The Imp, 25 August 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

Lollorians aussie lolts speach translated to the common sign-language translation without any hidden words lingering

Well that is... profound :ermm: (I'm not aussie!!!!)

They probably got lost when TDD got moved late in the install order :P

I think the CtB thing wasn't used because I mentioned it should be used only if BGT is installed :lol: (which is true but it can still be used without BGT... probably should've mentioned that)

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

Lollorians aussie lolts speach translated to the common sign-language translation without any hidden words lingering

Well that is... profound :ermm: (I'm not aussie!!!!)

Ah darn'na Jones. :twisted: .. yep that's a more accurate joke about your origin... the host an idiot. :clown:

Yeah, but back to the subject, see there was a post that had more than half of the words hidden and someone misunderstood it and only I could read it as meant and the thing was resolved...

#13 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

why the version of bp in BWP13 is v4501,isn't v4503

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

why the version of bp in BWP13 is v4501,isn't v4503

Check the date... the v4503 didn't exist for Leonard.

#15 HiPhish

HiPhish
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hello

I wasn't sure where to ask, so I hope this is the right place. I tried installing BiG World project using the Install.bat and for the most part things work out fine, but some mods wouldn't install, they had to be skipped. They would try, then they would encounter an error, revert back and tell me to press spacebar. Basically i had to constantly babysit the installer. Most of them didn't seem very important, but the widescreen mod was among them and now I'm still stuck with the default 4:3 resolution of the game. is it safe to run the Widescreen mod now after everythign is done? I'd try it myself, but I don't want to risk breakign hours of work if it can be avoided.

On another note, the Install program is really nice, but is there any simpler way to get the actual mods downloaded and extracted? There used to be BiG World Setup, but it's abandoned now. Downloading mods is a pain, even for a standard install and there is no common standard of packaging. At least the installer can be left running on its own (well, it could if I didn't have to babysit it), but preparation is a ton of tedious busywork. I which I could just cherrypick the mods I want, but the list has hundreds of entries, how on earth am I supposed to know what to choose?

#16 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

I doubt there are hundreds of mods that _actually improve the quality of the game_. There are hundreds of mods in total, yes, but I'm not sure that installing _all_ of them is better than installing even some basic installation like Ascension+BG2Fixpack+BanterPack+FlirtPack+UnfinishedBusiness+a few select quest mods and NPC mods+BG2Tweaks+Level1NPCs+(SwordCoastStrategems for tactic lovers)+Widescreen mod+optionally generalized biffing,

(And if you like BG1, then EasyTutu or BGT +BG1 NPC+BG1UnfinishedBusiness+same tweak mods). 

I'm starting to have a feeling that quite a few megamod users spend more hours fighting the megainstall thingy than the time they would have spent just picking the mods they wanted and actually playing.

I know that tastes differ, but about 95% of my mods(mods that I install to play the game, that is) come from three websites: gibberings3.net, www.pocketplane.net and shsforums.net. It might be a viable alternative to read the list of the mods on these three forums, write a list of the mods that appeal to you, and if you post it somewhere here or in IE Modding Discussion, you'll get advice on the installation order.

#17 HiPhish

HiPhish
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

I used this list, since it was recommended in the PDF guide:

http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

Most mods are marked R, but the it is nowhere explained what happens if mods are missing or which mods are bare essiential must-haves. I mean, not all of the R mods can be that important, can they? Fighting the megainstall thingy is exactly what I felt like. I'm sure I have ton of junk mods in my setup as well, but I simply went with the three recommendations (Required, Standard, Tacitcs and Expert) and chose Standard. Would I be better off stating all over again with just the mods you mentioned? (and yes, I'd like to play BG 1 as well, so I'll use BGT as well)

Edited by HiPhish, 30 August 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#18 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

It can't hurt. You can choose the mods I mentioned + any mods you see that you might like, because I'm not sure if you'd prefer romances(and there're a lot of them), or more new quests(Tales of the Deep Gardens, or mods in my signature), or item/spell revisions/some IWD flavor(Gibberlings3). (I would caution you against old huge quest mods like TDD or Region of Terror or Tortured Souls or Check the Bodies, though). 

#19 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Most mods are marked R, but the it is nowhere explained what happens if mods are missing or which mods are bare essiential must-haves. I mean, not all of the R mods can be that important, can they? Fighting the megainstall thingy is exactly what I felt like. I'm sure I have ton of junk mods in my setup as well, but I simply went with the three recommendations (Required, Standard, Tacitcs and Expert) and chose Standard. Would I be better off stating all over again with just the mods you mentioned? (and yes, I'd like to play BG 1 as well, so I'll use BGT as well)
Erhm, the R comes from the Recomended compilation consept... none of them are required... there's a few that are and you see them when you actually try to use the .bat as it checks for them before it start to install the mods... it's the minimal install compilation that's somewhere, it contains the BWFixpack and a few other mods that fix what the other break.

Kulyok, it's wonderful that you recomend mods while you don't wish anyone to actually to make a true Megamod installation, and while at it you don't know much of them either, like hiow the tools work etc. like the above answer I gave.

Back to business..
They would try, then they would encounter an error, revert back and tell me to press spacebar.
There's a file created during the installation process, it should be called BiG World Install.txt, pack it to a .zip or .rar file and upload the file to the forum or a place you can point to download it from, and we'll show you what you did wrong.
"is it safe to try to install the Widescreen mod"
Yes, and if it installs it will work...
On another note, the Install program is really nice, but is there any simpler way to get the actual mods downloaded and extracted?
The answer to that is the BWS, but it's out of date ... so essencially no.

#20 HiPhish

HiPhish
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Another question: Every time the BAT tried to install a mod i got a wardning bei WeiDU that the version I was using is unstable and that i should revert to an older one, unless I knew what i was doing (which I don't). Should I just ignore the warning? I got my WeiDU.exe from the link above yesterday, so it should be the latest version.

Also, if i only have a subset of the recommended mods and some of the standard mods, can I still use the BAT? What option should I pick? Still Standard?
(I would caution you against old huge quest mods like TDD or Region of Terror or Tortured Souls or Check the Bodies, though). 
Why exactly? I thought old mods would be well tested and more stable.