Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#241 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

There has been a report that the Ajantis BGII mod [ajantisbg2] is not recognised upon the beginning of the install process (automatic download works fine). I am not sure this is for the current version, I'll let you know as soon as I know more details. I would appreciate if you'd check nontheless, though, if it's not too much trouble.

#242 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

Does this have all the advanced features like selecting specific components from mods?

Yep. )

There has been a report that the Ajantis BGII mod [ajantisbg2] is not recognised upon the beginning of the install process (automatic download works fine). I am not sure this is for the current version, I'll let you know as soon as I know more details. I would appreciate if you'd check nontheless, though, if it's not too much trouble.

Tested three times - everything works fine.

#243 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Think I know what the problem is. The BWS is updated.

Changed:
  • Disabled auto-update links function, again
  • Disabled the forced installation of BGT Music
Updated:
  • Isra BG2

#244 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

Thank you very much!

#245 -I am a machine!-

-I am a machine!-

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Current version of the tool does not (or incorrectly so) check whichs mods are already there in the download folder.

Installed with setup (and a custom mod selection) on my main PC, then copied folder to my laptop.

After importing my selection and updating the paths of the setup, the installation wanted to re-download every single mod. Turned off internet which causes the program to ask me if I want to provide every single mod individually. Could work, not yet tested (it is a lot of mods after all).

Please fix :-) 

Want to express my gratitude for supporting this tool further, I have always loved it. In fact, I use it exclusively, I have not performed a manual mod install in my 8 years BG playing.

#246 -No name for you-

-No name for you-

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

So much for current version, since 7 hours there is a NEW one. Seems to work better, detected my downloaded files.

#247 Axell

Axell
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

I'm getting an error:

ERROR: parsing [Faren/crossmod/luxley/fhflux.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [Faren/crossmod/luxley/fhflux.d]!
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Latest (20131203) version.

Edit: I chose to continue with the installation, and other NPC mods dependant on the 'crossmod' feature of Faren return the same error.

Edit2: Kaeloree is aware of it, and is gonna fix the error: link

Edited by Axell, 03 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#248 lostincarnation

lostincarnation
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

The version of Item Revisions in the Mod.ini is 3 Beta 1.16.

But the file BWS download is an old version.

Edit:

There's a patch in the Fixpack...

Didn't notice that.

Edited by lostincarnation, 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM.

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

#249 lostincarnation

lostincarnation
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

The following mods seem to have the wrong sizes in the mod database.

All of them are downloaded via the links in the database and have been tested.

Secret of Bone Hill (SoBH)
TeamBG Armor Pack
TeamBG Weapon Pack
Fishing for Trouble
Innershade
One Pixel Productions (1pp)
The White Queen
Shed's Mods - A Forgotten Wars Mod

The BP-balancer mod has a wrong name in the database(missing the .7z file extension)

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

#250 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

Now uses FP by Lollorian (see how it will)

:ermm:

I just wanted to get it out there that Leonardo has been working a lot behind the scenes because (of my fault that) the BWP Textpacks weren't being applied properly because I added a VERSION tag patch to every mod in the fixpack :P

It is entirely possible that non-english users might see a LOT of failed patches and hunks if you're using the github master with one of the BWP Textpacks :unsure:

Suggestion: Wait until the Textpacks are updated before using the master branch.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#251 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

The following mods seem to have the wrong sizes in the mod database.

Thanks, will check.

The BP-balancer mod has a wrong name in the database(missing the .7z file extension)

Yes, as in the mod page.

Lollorian

Ok, I will do as it was before. )

#252 -Konrad-

-Konrad-

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hey,

I've just installed BG1 and BG2 and wanted to do the Big World Setup but I encountered an error. Can anyone help me with that? 

The error shown is: "Line 70 (d:\BWSdirectory\BGSetup\BiG World Setup\Includes\16_Select-Tre.au3):

Local $Select[$g_CentralArray[0][0]][2]

Local $Select[ ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted

It comes up after I try to customise the compilation.

Here's the debug:

10: 663 - GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $g_UI[1])
10: 664 - WinActivate($g_UI[0])
10: 665 - EndIf
10: 667 - GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, '')
10: 671 - Else
10: 672 - $g_Flags[8]=0
10: 673 - If $p_Tab = 10 Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, '_Depend_WM_Notify'); solve dependencies
10: 674 - If $p_Tab = 11 Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, '_Admin_Mod_WM_Notify'); admin mods
10: 675 - If $p_Tab = 12 Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, '_Tra_WM_Notify'); admin component-translations
10: 676 - If $p_Tab = 13 Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, '_Dep_WM_Notify'); admin dependencies
10: 678 - EndIf
10: 679 - GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_UI[0])
10: 387 - If $OldTab <> 8 Then _Misc_SetTab($OldTab+1); remove the icons from the screen
10: 388 - If $g_Flags[9] = 1 Then WinSetState($g_UI[0], '', @SW_DISABLE)
17: 106 - $Answer=_Misc_MsgGUI(1, _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '0-T1'), _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '2-L6'), 3, _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '0-B1'), _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '0-B2'), _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '0-B3')); => Hint / This may affect your programs
17: 114 - ElseIf $Answer = 3 Then; install the mod
17: 115 - $Test=RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage', 'ACP', 'REG_SZ', '1252')
00: 251 - Func _PrintDebug($p_String, $p_Show = 0)
+115 Calling _Tree_GetCurrentSelection00: 252
00: 253 - If $p_Show = 1 Then MsgBox(64, $g_ProgName, $p_String)
D:\Temp\BGSetup\BiG World Setup\Includes_Traced\16_Select-Tree.au3 (123) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$debug_pDimension=$debug_Line[$debug_l+1]
$debug_pDimension=^ ERROR

----------
Variables:
----------

#253 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the hard work you're doing guys, you're awesome!

#254 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

@Konrad: I guess you switched the language somewhere and/or set the Codepage to install InfinityAnimations.
Then a restart would happen and somehow that ended with a boom (because some variables were not set).

What happens if you restart the BWS by using the vbs-file after that happened?
Can you reproduce the error? Can you give a step by step guide? What buttons did you press / which settings did you use?

Edited by dabus, 05 December 2013 - 06:42 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#255 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yes, as in the mod page.

The site does not contain information for filenames or sizes. ;)
BWS gets them by "checking" them using wget.

#256 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

Is it just me or component 4030 of SCS, 'Improved Shapeshifting' is missing outright from the selectable list? It skips from 4020 to 4040 in the list when you're selecting component by component...any way I can add that in?

#257 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Read the FAQ. Inside your BiG World Setup\docs-folder or here.

#258 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Thanks! Looked a little complex at first, but got it working pretty quick :)

#259 Indral

Indral
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Is it possible to use the current BWS with BG:EE and BG2:EE, instead of BG and BG2?

#260 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

Is it possible to use the current BWS with BG:EE and BG2:EE, instead of BG and BG2?

Well you can make the BWS in your BGEE install to select and set the mods. But it can't use the BGEE as part of the Megamod centered around the BGT as there's no BGTEE yet.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.