Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1341 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

I managed to install Tactics with BWS and after hours into the game I thought it was bug free until I came across web entangle that was cast by a wraith spider in a cave east of Beregost Temple. The spell persists until the end of time, slows down the frame-rate to a crawl, and if any of your characters are caught in it, the graphic stays on you forever, not allowing you to save or rest - EVER AGAIN! It's pretty much game-breaking and at this point so is the tactics install.

#1342 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Is anyone still updating this?

This is the list of mods the BWS says I do not have (although the BWP Install.bat doesn't report any missing mods) so they're most probably updated now or mismatching archives (like the french packages for some SHS friendship mods)

Some of them are obvious updates (the BWP Installpack for instance, BWS wants v15.0.2 while the latest is v15.2.1)

Spoiler

Also, does the BWS autoupdate its linklist like it used to?

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#1343 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Is anyone still updating this?

The BWS, yes, Quiet, Silent, and AL|EN are...

Some of them are obvious updates (the BWP Installpack for instance, BWS wants v15.0.2 while the latest is v15.2.1)

Well, the thing is, the BWP install.bat has changed a quite a bit from the old days, and the BWS used the old style one, while now it's using its own writing install program, meaning that it doesn't actually use the .bat file at all. So why download it at all... :P ... but I believe that's the outdated BWS(bws_20150302.exe) that you are using there. The up to date should try to get the v15.2.1, no I haven't tried to make a BWS install for months, so I can't actually say that with a clear definition.

And I don't think the BWS has the autoupdate feature at all, meaning that you have to get the latest version by retrieving it from here, but do not download the latest official file bws_20150302.exe, it's badly outdated by 3 months, but you need to:

Hi Agnes, simply click on Branches -> master -> zip.

Aka right here:
2m80hag.jpg

Edited by The Imp, 05 July 2015 - 11:51 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1344 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

Ok so the installpack is redundant for the BWS :P

I intended to use the BWS like some kind of mod checking tool so I know for certain I'm creating fixpack patches for the latest versions... And because the BWS is probably the source of mods for the majority of BWP players (especially since the main BWP linkliste is outdated as hell), it becomes imperative that I sync with it :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#1345 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:02 AM

Quick question. For the install, should I use the Install.bat? Or go with the BWS installer? I always used the install bat, and used the BWS only for the mod downloads, but since its so well mantained, I was curious if its safe using for the install as well.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 July 2015 - 05:02 AM.

#1346 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

Yes, use BWS to download and install mods! Quite safe! Easier! BWS Doesn't require you to unpack mods yourself and you can establish your own location for your BG2 mods.

#1347 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Yes, use BWS to download and install mods! Quite safe! Easier! BWS Doesn't require you to unpack mods yourself and you can establish your own location for your BG2 mods.

Okay, thank you again, Bill Bisco! :)

#1348 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

@Lol: BWS still needs the smoothpack, so it fetches the installpack that "ships with it", Other than that and being some kind of basis for the install-order, the installpack has indeed no further part in the install - if you did not select to go with the batch-install.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1349 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

Oh now it makes sense :cheers: Thanks dabus!

I'll make a note of all the mismatching links this weekend so anyone who wants to update the BWS can do that :P

#1350 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Sadly there was no update for over a month now :(

#1351 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

Oh now it makes sense :cheers: Thanks dabus!
I'll make a note of all the mismatching links this weekend so anyone who wants to update the BWS can do that :P

Thank you Lol.

#1352 -Thomas-

-Thomas-

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

I got BWS to work perfectly with the tactics set-up, I just had to remove, 'The Lost Crossroads Spellpack' as that mod seems to be fairly broken at this point. I've noticed that the Askaria mod has quite a few bugs in it as well, and the initial encounter is clumsy and frustrating. I also wish I knew which mod was responsible for spawning these seemingly unfinished enemies called, 'Orc A' into my game (it's probably one of the big BG1 mods). They appear all over the initial areas, have a very fast speed that looks choppy/glitchy, and are immune to level one weapons. Basically, the wreck you for the first little while and if you kill them you get 5xp and a 100% chance to drop a single vocalize potion. Like I said, I don't think they are finished.

#1353 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

I also wish I knew which mod was responsible for spawning these seemingly unfinished enemies called, 'Orc A' into my game (it's probably one of the big BG1 mods). They appear all over the initial areas, have a very fast speed that looks choppy/glitchy, and are immune to level one weapons. Basically, the wreck you for the first little while and if you kill them you get 5xp and a 100% chance to drop a single vocalize potion. Like I said, I don't think they are finished.

The mod is Tomoyo and the Underground City. Although the animation does not look like an Orc, the translation is correct; they are Orcs.

The mod has also more content than that.

Edited by Nightfarer, 09 July 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#1354 -Jake-

-Jake-

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Hi, I'm having issues getting World Map to install with BWS

:\Big World\Baldurs Gate II>

ERROR: cannot convert prob or %prob% to an integer
ERROR: [worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl] -> [worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons (BP-BGT Worldmap) was not installed due to errors.

Hmm any help or advice? World Map is necessary for my install I believe.

#1355 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

http://www.shsforums...llation-issues/

Check this topic and see if it helps

#1356 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

now that the stone of Askavar has been updated to version 1.9, do we still need to copy worldmap.wmp file from the big world folder to the override folder???

Edited by psychlopes, 15 July 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#1357 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

SCStratagems V30 is problematic.

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 7826 of 7826-byte file SPWI317.SPL
ERROR: [SPWI317.SPL] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: [stratagems/ds/cddetect.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("SPWI317.SPL: read out of bounds")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

Tried to install BWS two times, it happened each time.

Tried to skip over all the SCS bits this time, after a lot of skips the installer had just crashed.

...actually, I can't install Stratagems V30 even as a standalone, from its own installer.

EDIT: I think this is the solution. I tried searching for that particular .SPL file mentioned, found this:

Yes, I confirm, this error occurs if before IWDification and SCS is already installed SpellPack's component #2317 'Ghost Armor' in combination with 1pp's component #202 'Spell tweaks'. Individually, they do not cause this error. The solution is to either not installing one of these components, or moving installation 1pp's 'Spell tweaks' after IWDification and SCS, as it was in the previous version of the BWP.

Edited by Valikdu, 19 July 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#1358 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:53 AM

Does anyone know if Alien and/or Quiet left for good? They did not write anything or update BWS for over a month :(
If they left is there anyone who could take over their titatnic work?

#1359 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:35 AM

Does anyone know if Alien and/or Quiet left for good? They did not write anything or update BWS for over a month :(
If they left is there anyone who could take over their titatnic work?

It doesn't look good. It seems like they didn't visit the site since June :(

#1360 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

Guys i have a problem i`ve let BWS change code-page of my PC and it did not rewert back. Also by the love of god i cannot change it back (tried what The Imp suggested in his FAQ). Any ideas? I know the number of code page i need to revert to but don`t know how :(