Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3941 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

The latest Weidu 242 fixes this error. 

#3942 psycros

psycros
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

I don't know if anyone here has the slightest influence over this, but for about the last three months none of these mods has been downloadable for me.  The ISP or PC I use makes no difference.

-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

BiG World Textpack
Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG:EE
Finch NPC
Item Randomiser
More Style for Mages
Sentrizeal's Alternate Avatar Pack
The Picture Standard for BG:EE
Worldmap
Finished.-Summary-

#3943 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

I don't know if anyone here has the slightest influence over this, but for about the last three months none of these mods has been downloadable for me.  The ISP or PC I use makes no difference.

-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

BiG World Textpack
Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG:EE
Finch NPC
Item Randomiser
More Style for Mages
Sentrizeal's Alternate Avatar Pack
The Picture Standard for BG:EE
Worldmap
Finished.-Summary-

http://www.shsforums...p-bgt-worldmap/

Worldmap

https://us.v-cdn.net...b441364728b.zip

Finch

https://www.dropbox....latest.zip?dl=1

Randomiser

And to answer your question NO, only the modders themself have an influence on where they host their mods.

YES, many are wishing some of them would use reliable hosts. Github has proven as such and many mods are now hosted there but sadly not all. And so, the story of missing mods will continue...

Edited by Roxanne, 28 June 2017 - 12:49 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3944 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

So I think something is broken with the BWS tool. I have tried clean installs of both the game and the tool and the BG2EE EET install wont let me progress. I have used this tool to success the previous day and got the whole game and mods to work correctly, minus Colours of Infinity not working do to an Unix override error. Before you ask I don't have the debug files from the installs last night, I foolishly deleted everything thinking it was something on my end and I was just using the tool wrong. This afternoon when I started to try again it keeps telling me I am missing a bunch of area files from BG1EE and will not let me continue in the tool when I specify the directories. I have started the game with a clean install, made saves and so forth. The games run just fine in the none drive directory so I know I am not missing area files. At this point I don't know what to do.

#3945 BallpointMan

BallpointMan
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

So I think something is broken with the BWS tool. I have tried clean installs of both the game and the tool and the BG2EE EET install wont let me progress. I have used this tool to success the previous day and got the whole game and mods to work correctly, minus Colours of Infinity not working do to an Unix override error. Before you ask I don't have the debug files from the installs last night, I foolishly deleted everything thinking it was something on my end and I was just using the tool wrong. This afternoon when I started to try again it keeps telling me I am missing a bunch of area files from BG1EE and will not let me continue in the tool when I specify the directories. I have started the game with a clean install, made saves and so forth. The games run just fine in the none drive directory so I know I am not missing area files. At this point I don't know what to do.

Just chiming in to say that I've had the exact same issue. Was poking around in BWS last night. Started it up again today and was getting errors about BG2EE not being correct in my user config ini folder.

Fresh installed BGEE and BG2EE - also downloaded a second copy of BWS just to be safe. Ran it - and my BG2EE/BGEET install option doesnt appear to work properly. There's a "0" where BG2EE normally should be, and when I select the install directory for BGEE itself, I get an error that I have a whole host of missing error files.

Edit - side note: When I select BWS for only BGEE and not the BG2EE/EET option, it seems like it works fine.

Edited by BallpointMan, 29 June 2017 - 05:14 PM.

#3946 -Turin-

-Turin-

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

same errors with EET

#3947 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

Just chiming in to say that I've had the exact same issue. Was poking around in BWS last night. Started it up again today and was getting errors about BG2EE not being correct in my user config ini folder.

Fresh installed BGEE and BG2EE - also downloaded a second copy of BWS just to be safe. Ran it - and my BG2EE/BGEET install option doesnt appear to work properly. There's a "0" where BG2EE normally should be, and when I select the install directory for BGEE itself, I get an error that I have a whole host of missing error files.

Edit - side note: When I select BWS for only BGEE and not the BG2EE/EET option, it seems like it works fine.

same errors with EET

Reverted to last stable version.

Please let us know if that helped.

The Sandrah Saga

#3948 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:30 AM

Still throwing an error.

#3949 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

Still throwing an error.

Yes, thanks, does with mine as well.

The issue was caused by saving BWS\BiG World Setup\Config\BG2EE\Game.ini using UTF-8 with BOM encoding.Alien is just now fixing it.

The Sandrah Saga

#3950 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

Some of the mod's updated have failed to install but rolling back to previous version has worked. (ISNF, The White Queen and Eilistraee's Song) (latest BWS/EET)

Attached Files

#3951 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

Some of the mod's updated have failed to install but rolling back to previous version has worked. (ISNF, The White Queen and Eilistraee's Song) (latest BWS/EET)

You were the guinea pig for this

http://www.shsforums...e-7#entry595220

You may want to link your finding to the mod author directly.

The Sandrah Saga

#3952 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:38 AM

Just did. 

I kept Refinements in my list and have scrlzz handy to drop in once I get to SCS. I left RoT out and seem to get less out of memory errors with scs also.

#3953 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

Just did. 

Sorry, I read the fineprint in the mod update just now.

It is a dilemma, either BWS is behind and you get errors from fixpack or it is up-to-date and you get undiscovered bugs.

I kept Refinements in my list and have scrlzz handy to drop in once I get to SCS. I left RoT out and seem to get less out of memory errors with scs also.

The Sandrah Saga

#3954 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

Got a few more SCS errors today. I'll try a reinstall and see... Normally 'Smarter Priests' doesn't install so dependencies fall away... Not a BWS problem but I wait a newer version that might play nice with mega modded games.

Attached Files

#3955 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

A tiny correction in the mod order installation. There are two NPC mods for BG1 - Sirene and Verr'Sza. BWS when sorting files in installation order suggests to first install VerrSza (as a more resent mod?) and then Sirene. But (!) Verr'Sza-mod contains part that can only be installed if you already have Sirene (cross-mod banters).

Would it be possible to reverse the order?

#3956 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

A tiny correction in the mod order installation. There are two NPC mods for BG1 - Sirene and Verr'Sza. BWS when sorting files in installation order suggests to first install VerrSza (as a more resent mod?) and then Sirene. But (!) Verr'Sza-mod contains part that can only be installed if you already have Sirene (cross-mod banters).

Would it be possible to reverse the order?

Strange. This is the current install order in BWS

STD;white;0;05;0111;  >>> White NPC
ANN;sirene 0-1 = bg:ee/sod
STD;sirene;0;05;0111; >>> Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
STD;sirene;1;05;0111; >>> Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
ANN;sirene 2-6 = alternate kit >>>Choose an alternate class for Sirene
MUC;sirene;Init;05;0000;
MUC;sirene;2;05;0000;
MUC;sirene;3;05;0000;
MUC;sirene;4;05;0000;
MUC;sirene;5;05;0000;
MUC;sirene;6;05;0000;
ANN;sirene 7 = alternate portrait >>>Alternate Portrait (BG2 style) by Isandir
STD;sirene;7;05;0000;
STD;verrsza;0;05;0111; >>> Verr'Sza NPC in BG:EE
STD;verrsza;1;05;0111; >>> Verr'Sza NPC in Siege of Dragonspear
STD;verrsza;2;05;0111; >>> Crossmod: talks between Verr'Sza and Sirene
ANN;sirene 8-9 = crossmod (after white/verrsza)
STD;sirene;8;05;0111; >>> Crossmod: Sirene-White - banters
STD;sirene;9;05;0111 ;>>> Crossmod: Sirene-Verr'Sza - banters

Both mods add crossmod to the other, which is weird.

Can you be more specific here about which exact components should be changed (Note - the ones without comments are just the options for the multiple choices).

Sirene's install is already split before and after Verr'Sza for the crossmod.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 June 2017 - 06:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3957 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Uh.... Lately I use BWS as a guide to mod install order during manual installation. So, all I do is sorting files by install order and Verr'Sza comes out first.

Five day ago I was trying to install Verr'Sza (manually) first and got the message "component cross-talk between Verr'Sza and Sirene can not be installed since no Sirene file found" - something like this. I do not remember exact line but if it is really needed I can delete my installation and do it all again.

Are you saying "installation order" and the actual order of installing different components are different things? Because it looks like it on your list.

#3958 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

Uh.... Lately I use BWS as a guide to mod install order during manual installation. So, all I do is sorting files by install order and Verr'Sza comes out first.

Five day ago I was trying to install Verr'Sza (manually) first and got the message "component cross-talk between Verr'Sza and Sirene can not be installed since no Sirene file found" - something like this. I do not remember exact line but if it is really needed I can delete my installation and do it all again.

Are you saying "installation order" and the actual order of installing different components are different things? Because it looks like it on your list.

The order as you see in the list (this is how BWS does it) is by mod components, not by the whole mod. So comparing it to manual install it would look like you do the the first few components of Sirene, then leave it, install Verr'Sza in between, then call Sirene again and do the crossmod.

BWS (and BWP) use this technique quite often, some mod's installation is split into a number of blocks. There are also mods which are not installed in the order of how components are presented by the mod. Such deviations are based on compatibility reports like yours.

If you do a manual install, you may want to try the more detailed procedure from my post and see if you get still errors.

PS

If you say *I use BWS as a guide to mod install order during manual installation" what part of BWS do you mean? My excerpt is from a file called select.ini which exists for each game that BWS supports and contains the exact install order used by the tool.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 June 2017 - 07:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3959 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

Feel very ashamed of my incompetence but all I do is open BWS, go to "View -> Sort in install order".

Had to know that BWS is smarter than that. But my last several attempts to use BWS gave numeral conflicts and errors in the game (from silent and unresponsive NPCs to the game not opening at all, while you still see it in task manager). So, I gave up and switched to manual installation. And it seems to work (so far). Now it begin to sound like correct manual installation is impossible.

#3960 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

Feel very ashamed of my incompetence but all I do is open BWS, go to "View -> Sort in install order".

Had to know that BWS is smarter than that. But my last several attempts to use BWS gave numeral conflicts and errors in the game (from silent and unresponsive NPCs to the game not opening at all, while you still see it in task manager). So, I gave up and switched to manual installation. And it seems to work (so far). Now it begin to sound like correct manual installation is impossible.

Correct manual install is possible.

If you look at the old BWP pdf- manual (sadly outdated and not supporting EE) you can get an idea. The BWS install is based on that BWP experience. And you can follow BWS manually, just need to look at the right place. The menues etc are ordered for convenience and easier understanding but what the tool actually executes and checks is what is in the ini files.

The Sandrah Saga