Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3801 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Yes  the mod should definitely be installed. It is unpacked in my BG2 root directory and listed in my WEIDU.log as well. I did search for normals strings still didnt found them. I have two different dialog.tlk's in my folder though, one in english and a bigger one apparently in german. Near Infinity is accessing the english one by default.

@Sandrah: I'll test your recommendations later and will report my progress :)

Thank you all for hints, I dont wanna drop Jaheira at all :(

#3802 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

Well its seems like the command "SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",9)" did fix it. I just started the game from the quicksave I've posted and the game always crashed after few seconds or minutes at this point but not this time.

#3803 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

Well its seems like the command "SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",9)" did fix it. I just started the game from the quicksave I've posted and the game always crashed after few seconds or minutes at this point but not this time.

Looks like we found the source. The EE games require some adjustments for the displayable characters in the text for some non-english languages. Flirt Pack does not have this (yet). It is simple to correct this on install but pretty hard later on.

The extra flirts have no impact on your Jaheira relationship/romance, so you should be able to go further with her.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 04:52 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3804 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

Damn, you are my hero right now. Thank you very much once again -_-

#3805 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Hello everybody,

I noticed an oddity with my BWS/EET install I would like to bring to you attention. The EET version is beta7 and the BWS with which the installation was made is from December 2016. A quick google and site search did not turn up anything. I am unsure if this is really a BWS problem, but I have to start asking somehwere :-)

In the Order of the Radiant Heart I noticed that hitting TAB shows the Wizard Slayer kit description from the Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod instead of a NPC name form some reason. Some time later I had the idea to check the kit description during character generation. In fact there it is the original description (25 % spell failure rate etc.) instead of the description from the Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod. So something is very wrong.

I would like to upload/attache a screenshot and the WeiDU logs, but for some reason I cannot see how to do this in this editor. Any help welcome.

Best Regards

Christof

#3806 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Ah, OK. "More Reply Options" ist :-)

Attached Images

• rh.jpg

Attached Files

#3807 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Okay I just noticed that my NearInfinity wasnt up to date.

I got a couple of crashes now and can confirm that they are caused by the german "Umlaute"(äöü...).

NPCFlirt pack strings do look like this :"this Jaheira hat sich dir gen�hert... nahe genug, um die komplizierte".

The recent crashes were caused by the banter pack mod :(

EDIT:

Interesting. I just edited one string via NI for further tests and did overwrite my dialog.tlk. This apparently fixed the whole issue in a way that those

Umlaute are still displayed in a wrong way but at least are displayed ingame instead of causing the game to immediately crash.

I can even force a dialogue with Jaheira :) Overwriting the dialog.tlk must have changed its character encoding.

Edited by Kvothe., 16 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#3808 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Okay I just noticed that my NearInfinity wasnt up to date.

I got a couple of crashes now and can confirm that they are caused by the german "Umlaute"(äöü...).

NPCFlirt pack strings do look like this :"this Jaheira hat sich dir gen�hert... nahe genug, um die komplizierte".

The recent crashes were caused by the banter pack mod :(

Interesting. I just edited one string via NI for further tests and did overwrite my dialog.tlk. This apparently fixed the whole issue in a way that those

Umlaute are still displayed in a wrong way but at least are displayed ingame instead of causing the game to immediately crash.

Did you check whether changing the game language in-game helps?

It is quite cumbersome to repair all these entries with NI (even if possible).

Otherwise the only thing that comes to my mind is disabling the banters. This looks like a switch-off to me:

SetGlobal("FWDisableFlirts","Global",1)

Maybe BWFixpack could add HANDLE_CHARSETS. A report to the mod's forum should as well be made.

The Sandrah Saga

#3809 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Yes I changed the language, that's how it all started. After changing the language the game runned smooth but strings werent displayed and replaced with "invalid: ....:". From that point I knew that the german translation is screwing the whole thing up here :)

No need to repair anything. It's really enjoyable to play the game right now without any crashes every few minutes and the weird chars which are shown in the textbox are just a minor inconvinience but nothing more. Btw what would be the global figure to reset the command "SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",9)" to its former state?

And I finally got an account at this forum after applying with another email-account, its a good day :shifty:

#3810 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Yes I changed the language, that's how it all started. After changing the language the game runned smooth but strings werent displayed and replaced with "invalid: ....:". From that point I knew that the german translation is screwing the whole thing up here :)

No need to repair anything. It's really enjoyable to play the game right now without any crashes every few minutes and the weird chars which are shown in the textbox are just a minor inconvinience but nothing more. Btw what would be the global figure to reset the command "SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",9)" to its former state?

And I finally got an account at this forum after applying with another email-account, its a good day :shifty:

SetGlobal("FWJaheiraStartFlirtSOA","GLOBAL",0)  - she may not start to flirt right away again, depending on the timer that runs and the area you are in.

The full code is this

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 12:18 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3811 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Heya, it's me, Imoen. 

nah JK

I have a problem with the wolf companion. I made it to the Basilisk are near Nashkel and the wolf refuses to travel outside that area with me, I tried to go everywhere but he just wont come, tried killing him and having Sandrah resurrect him, using the whistle, but nothing works. 

#3812 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Heya, it's me, Imoen. 

nah JK

I have a problem with the wolf companion. I made it to the Basilisk are near Nashkel and the wolf refuses to travel outside that area with me, I tried to go everywhere but he just wont come, tried killing him and having Sandrah resurrect him, using the whistle, but nothing works. 

Did a basilisk maybe petrify him? Try to cast a stone to flesh scroll/spell on him.

Spoiler

Otherwise you may post a savegame of the situation here for repair.

The Sandrah Saga

#3813 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Heya, it's me, Imoen. 

nah JK

Did a basilisk maybe petrify him? Try to cast a stone to flesh scroll/spell on him.

Spoiler

He wasnt petrified at all, when I re-enter the area and blow the whistle he comes to me normally, just refuses to leave that world area

#3814 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Heya, it's me, Imoen. 

nah JK

Spoiler

He wasnt petrified at all, when I re-enter the area and blow the whistle he comes to me normally, just refuses to leave that world area

If you still have problems, you can post a save here.

The Sandrah Saga

#3815 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

Heya, it's me, Imoen. 

nah JK

Spoiler

If you still have problems, you can post a save here.

I'm reinstalling because I forgot to add something to the install. When I finish it and re-enter the zone I'll let you know if the problem persists

#3816 -Anoni-

-Anoni-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

When I install the max option, Reign of Terror always stops during the "backstab" files giving an error, I saw before that another one had the same problem and you told him to use the main component only with EET, but there is only that file in the install, it has no extra component

#3817 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

Same issue here as mentioned by CKOE on page 200 btw

#3818 -Anoni-

-Anoni-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

for RoT, you need to use patch from this topic http://www.shsforums...rror-on-ee-eet/ and extract into OverwriteFiles\BG2EE

Inside that specific folder or inside the main_mod folder that already exists in OverwriteFiles/BG2EE?

#3819 -Anoni-

-Anoni-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

Inside that specific folder.

Thank you very much, I'll try that and let you know here if it worked

#3820 -ckoe-

-ckoe-

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hello Kvothe,

Same issue here as mentioned by CKOE on page 200 btw

nice to know that this is not specific to my installation ! Thank you for checking. I now added a comment in the release thread in the Beamdog forum.

I would not care about that NPC at all, my problem is that I am not sure which kit version I would actually get with a new character ... the description during character generation is the "wrong" one after all.

Cheers

Christof