Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3961 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

PDF I did use, but though that sorting option in BWS works the same way. Well, installation with checking out after every install if the game actually opens so far proved the most reliable, but I am still looking forward to the stable BWS :)

Thanks for fixing that tool, guys!

#3962 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

It's working now! However a problem with the Sirene NPC mod has occured. Attached below is the debug file https://drive.google...cVk0NV9PRmdDRkE

Edit: I should mention the only reason I am bringing this up is that if I skip it it causes a problem with EET down the line

Edited by Higara, 30 June 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#3963 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

It's working now! However a problem with the Sirene NPC mod has occured. Attached below is the debug file https://drive.google...cVk0NV9PRmdDRkE

It is not really a BWS problem but try this solution.

- Pause BWS

- Start Setup-Sirene.exe in your BGEE directory

- select skip for not yet installed components and uninstall for all components that are eventually installed. Exit

- Start Setup-Sirene.exe again and install it manually

- if successfully installed, continue BWS

PS - possibly the mod uses an older version for EE Kit conversion, this fails occasionally-

Edited by Roxanne, 30 June 2017 - 10:41 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3964 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

It is not really a BWS problem but try this solution.

- Pause BWS

- Start Setup-Sirene.exe in your BGEE directory

- select skip for not yet installed components and uninstall for all components that are eventually installed. Exit

- Start Setup-Sirene.exe again and install it manually

- if successfully installed, continue BWS

PS - possibly the mod uses an older version for EE Kit conversion, this fails occasionally-

You are the best! That fixed it!

#3965 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

I spoke to soon. It is saying I am missing a wav file now. https://drive.google...OXFvWURQUlhrOUE

Thanks for all the help btw, I hope I am posting in the correct area for this.

Edited by Higara, 30 June 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#3966 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

I spoke to soon. It is saying I am missing a wav file now. https://drive.google...OXFvWURQUlhrOUE

This happened during the biffing of files at the end of the EET Main component

ERROR: cannot locate EET/TEMP/WAV/THUNDER3.WAV
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Core EET (game importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 16464 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    16464 files for [EET_CORE.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "EET/TEMP/WAV/THUNDER3.WAV")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [Core EET (game importation)] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 332329 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Core EET (game importation)

I will link this report to the EET thread for the guys to look at.

The Sandrah Saga

#3967 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

what a shame, it broke at the very end of installation (during biffing). For some bizzare reason this code:

COPY_LARGE + ~EET/base/wav~ ~EET/temp/wav~

produced corrupted THUNDER3.WAV (and it was implemented in the first place to fix the file from being corrupted like it's a case in vanilla game...). I will remove this code in the next version just in case even though such thing never happened to me.

Please open EET/lib/EET_core.tp2 and delete above mentioned line (find it with ctrl+F). All this folder has is that THUNDER3.WAV file.

If the EET/temp directory exists also delete it before starting the installation (weidu sometimes have problems with removing temp directory after error)

Edited by K4thos, 30 June 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#3968 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

what a shame, it broke at the very end of installation (during biffing). For some bizzare reason this code:

COPY_LARGE + ~EET/base/wav~ ~EET/temp/wav~

produced corrupted THUNDER3.WAV (and it was implemented in the first place to fix the file from being corrupted like it's a case in vanilla game...). I will remove this code in the next version just in case even though such thing never happened to me.

Please open EET/lib/EET_core.tp2 and delete above mentioned line (find it with ctrl+F). All this folder has is that THUNDER3.WAV file.

If the EET/temp directory exists also delete it before starting the installation (weidu sometimes have problems with removing temp directory after error)

I am running the BWS tool right now and it is extracting all the files. As soon as its done with that I will delete the line and update the thread.

Edit: Actually I will extract the files change them, then recompense them.

Edit: Compiling now

Edited by Higara, 30 June 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#3969 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Remember that you need to not start the BWS via the update .bat, as otherwise the archive you have won't be used... etc. And use the selection that you provide the file on this case.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3970 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Remember that you need to not start the BWS via the update .bat, as otherwise the archive you have won't be used... etc. And use the selection that you provide the file on this case.

Can you you explain a bit? I unzipped the EET master file, updated the file inside, deleted the original zip file and replaced it, with the same name so the program would see it as such, and ran it as that. 

Im new to IE modding so I don't really understand what you mean in the second part of your sentence. I am guess you mean my mod load out. 

Edit: I am heading out and will update later!

Edited by Higara, 30 June 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#3971 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Uuh, .vbs, not .bat.. same difference. :P
Can you you explain a bit?
Yes, it's simple, the BWS has a file size check implemented, and updating the tool using the update (Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed.vbs) start reloads the tools files, and thus the filesize checks are reset ... that and the provide file option in one of the windows of mismatching resources, and you should see where I am coming from.
If either of those options is selected as you should, the BWS just redownloads the old unmodified file and throws your modified one to trash ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3972 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

if it's this hard to change than you can simply delete EET/base/wav/THUNDER3.WAV file (instead of removing the code) right after BWS extracts EET archive and starts installation (it's copied somewhere down the line, so there should be plenty of time to do so).

Edited by K4thos, 30 June 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#3973 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Well it got past the EET, HOWEVER, now other mods are throwing conflicts. I think I am going to take a break from this for a day to clear my head and tackle it once more on Sunday.

Edited by Higara, 30 June 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#3974 -tepotztecatl-

-tepotztecatl-

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:51 AM

Hi,

does this mod work with the enhanced versions of Baldur's Gate I + II which are currently on sale on steam?

#3975 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Hi,

does this mod work with the enhanced versions of Baldur's Gate I + II which are currently on sale on steam?

Which mod?

The Sandrah Saga

#3976 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hi,
In the case you are referring to the BWS, yes, it should work.

#3977 -tepotztecatl-

-tepotztecatl-

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

yes, BWS is what i mean, sorry for not clearing that up and thanks for the quick answer.

#3978 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

yes, BWS is what i mean, sorry for not clearing that up and thanks for the quick answer.

BWS is a tool that helps you install mods. It works for all current versions of EE's.

Important - if you want to install mods on BGEE/SoD from Steam you need to run modmerge first. Regardless of whether you use BWS or install mods by hand.

The Sandrah Saga

#3979 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

I have found two errors so far that are preventing my installation. One was the Reign of Terror mod that I found a fix for in another thread that you commented on Roxanne. I downloaded the fix and it worked. Turned out it was the LVL 50 and kit packs.

The second one I have found was the Colours of infinity Mods. They will not install correctly and are giving me the following error:

C:\Users\Frank's Desktop\Documents\BWS\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "opendir", "")

Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens (Tales of the Deep Gardens) was not installed due to errors

see the attached BWS debug log:

TODTG Setup Log

I have tried pausing the installer and manually installing it, however it still bugs.

I will post this in the TODTG forum as well here :

After searching the forums I found the answer.

See topic here:

Edited by Higara, 02 July 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#3980 Higara

Higara
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

Okay I have run into ANOTHER error while trying to do a generic tactical install. 

SCS is bugging out on me. Attached is the log.

https://drive.google...SXpiMU1WTDl3SFE

Here is the debug file when I run it manually and not with the BWS tool:

https://drive.google...Q1NNMDJOTVNZQ0E

Edited by Higara, 02 July 2017 - 02:22 PM.