Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#461 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

ha, ok that was it :D and what about the Sister A Little in beregost Jovial Juggler, any ideas?

#462 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

ha, ok that was it :D and what about the Sister A Little in beregost Jovial Juggler, any ideas?

If you are up to hard battle then:

Spoiler

You could made your own topic for this kind of questions because these are off-topic discussions, not related to Big World Setup. ;)

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#463 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Y i know, but I'm also looking for mod name.

I also wrote in Vault mod but noone answers yet 

http://www.shsforums...released/page-7

And Also i have trouble revealing Fields of Dead :/

#464 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

// Where i can find the NPC Draglorn? This quest starts by mulahey and the letter.
Draglorn (Ascalons Quest Pack) is at Undercellars in Baldur's Gate NE Section (AR7212).

// How can I acquire coordinates to Fields of Dead in NToSC? Cleaned that farm from zombies but nothing changes.
Talk to Yness (NTotSC) at Ulgoth's Beard and Field of Dead is revealed.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#465 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Ahh, in ulgoth's beard.. okay thank you :)

//Currently, General Jedyan isn't spawned (TGCE1), had to clua him.

Edited by konva, 11 May 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#466 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Got lot of questions about big world setup. Any chance anyone could answer them?

3- Is there a way to tell bws setup that I do not want to install questpack v2.3 but the v3 beta 2

http://forums.pocket...ic,29117.0.html

4- When inside the  BG2 tactical encounters, there are basically two Ascension.
One Ascension
And another one called "improved Ascension". Are these the same thing?
Is it improved because you can become the ravager without the fixpack messing it up?

5- Is there a mod to add balduran's cloak?

6- May I ask where is Almateria restoration's project? The only mod with Almateria's name is a minimod called Almateria. Nothing else.

7- Am I wrong or there is no throne of bhaal revisited?

8- am I wrong, or there is no mod inside the list that makes me able to select a bigger font?

Edited by Sergio, 13 May 2014 - 09:07 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#467 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

Got lot of questions about big world setup. Any chance anyone could answer them?

Nope. :devil:

3- Is there a way to tell bws setup that I do not want to install questpack v2.3 but the v3 beta 2

Erhm, I know the answer, I forgot it like ten times already, so dabus has to answer to this, again. :ermm:

8- am I wrong, or there is no mod inside the list that makes me able to select a bigger font?

Apparently there is not, but any of these do fine in English install, and in case it's not obvious the other languages are a little more difficult to make the larger fonts(look at this for the example).

Well, the one that is is the BGT-weidu itself... but for BG2, erhm nope. Well, unless you count the cheat mods that allow you to take all your item from BG1 to BG2. Erhm, and a mod I have not released yet. :P -for kicks.

Edited by The Imp, 13 May 2014 - 09:43 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#468 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Nope. :devil:

Erhm, I know the answer, I forgot it like ten times already, so dabus has to answer to this, again. :ermm:

Apparently there is not, but any of these do fine in English install, and in case it's not obvious the other languages are a little more difficult to make the larger fonts(look at this for the example).

Well, the one that is is the BGT-weidu itself... but for BG2, erhm nope. Well, unless you count the cheat mods that allow you to take all your item from BG1 to BG2. Erhm, and a mod I have not released yet. :P -for kicks.

Thank you.

So basically there are only these question left:

Ascension
BP "improved Ascension".

Are these the same thing?Is it improved because you can become the ravager without the fixpack messing it up?

6- May I ask where is Almateria restoration's project? The only mod with Almateria's name is a minimod called Almateria. Nothing else.

And another one that I add now: if I try to install a plugin that is for Bg1, will BWS detect it and automatically remove it from the plugin list?

Edited by Sergio, 13 May 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#469 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Look here.

One Ascension
Is it improved because you can become the ravager without the fixpack messing it up?

Quote from the manual, page 22:

The Big Picture mod contains its own, improved version of this mod.
Ascension is fully compatible with SCS, however, the version of Ascension that is included in the Big Picture mod is not compatible with SCS.

So, if you want to install SCS then choose Ascension, nope - choose Improved Ascension from BP.

In BG2 Rules, Tweaks and Spells.

In Mini-mods.

W_GUI from Graphic, Portrait and Sound mods.

#470 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

And another one that I add now: if I try to install a plugin that is for Bg1, will BWS detect it and automatically remove it from the plugin list?
If you mean a BG1 mod... you need to have a clean BG1 game folder(so without mods) to make the BGT-weidu install, so the answer is NO !!! You should burn and be toasted for your actions and you need to repent .. erhm, yeah, you should clean your BG1 folder so there's not errors in the install and then install the BGT mods during the BWS install, as they all will be installed to the BG2 directory.

Am I wrong or there is no throne of bhaal revisited?
7-, it's in the eXpert install, meaning there's a good change that it's broken or it breaks other stuff a lots. Page 156 in the BiG World Project v14.1 (English).pdf file. Darn, I was like so much ninjaed again.

Edited by The Imp, 13 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#471 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Look here.

One Ascension

Quote from the manual, page 22:

The Big Picture mod contains its own, improved version of this mod.
Ascension is fully compatible with SCS, however, the version of Ascension that is included in the Big Picture mod is not compatible with SCS.

So, if you want to install SCS then choose Ascension, nope - choose Improved Ascension from BP.

In BG2 Rules, Tweaks and Spells.

In Mini-mods.

W_GUI from Graphic, Portrait and Sound mods.

Thank you for the info.

I'll have to check on how to edit the questpack link.

If you mean a BG1 mod... you need to have a clean BG1 game folder(so without mods) to make the BGT-weidu install, so the answer is NO !!! You should burn and be toasted for your actions and you need to repent .. erhm, yeah, you should clean your BG1 folder so there's not errors in the install and then install the BGT mods during the BWS install, as they all will be installed to the BG2 directory.

Am I wrong or there is no throne of bhaal revisited?
7-, it's in the eXpert install, meaning there's a good change that it's broken or it breaks other stuff a lots. Page 156 in the BiG World Project v14.1 (English).pdf file. Darn, I was like so much ninjaed again.

When I mean about Bg1 mod, I mean the fact that I've got no bg1, but when I go choose some stuff, I find weird stuff like one entry for sharteel, or "give kagain a legal constitution score of 19" and both entries strike me as weird and get me scared that I could be instlaling stuff that messes up everything.

7- Thanks a lot. I have played Throne of bhaal revisited with Wheels of prophecy in the past, and I assure you, it worked properly. ;)
So if anyone needs a heads up, about it, I can give it. It works properly. I even added the longer road for the fun and it still kept working properly.

#472 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

When I mean about Bg1 mod, I mean the fact that I've got no bg1, but when I go choose some stuff, I find weird stuff like one entry for sharteel, or "give kagain a legal constitution score of 19" and both entries strike me as weird and get me scared that I could be instlaling stuff that messes up everything.

Well, there's mods that bring the BG1 NPCs to the BG2 game and they don't need the BGT to work their magics... like the BG1 NPCs for SoA mod from Smiling Imp, a bit about it.

Shar-Teel is in NEJ and other mods... so.

#473 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

cut

Thanks for help. I've had another question but it slipped my mind.

#474 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Best solution for fonts that I found is:

1. download and install this mod

2. delete floattext.bam and toolfont.bam from override, so that you have only new fonts for dialogues

3.download this, choose the size you want, rename "normal.bam" to "norma1.bam" and put it in the override folder (only that file), overwriting when asked

Otherwise the font for tooltips becomes too big and it's ugly, especially during combat, and the standard floattext font is better anyway.

Edited by Vlar, 13 May 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#475 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Best solution for fonts that I found is:

1. download and install this mod

2. delete floattext.bam and toolfont.bam from override, so that you have only new fonts for dialogues

3.download this, choose the size you want, rename "normal.bam" to "norma1.bam" and put it in the override folder (only that file), overwriting when asked

Otherwise the font for tooltips becomes too big and it's ugly, especially during combat, and the standard floattext font is better anyway.

Thanks a lot for your tips. :)

Edit:

1- I was installing the compilation and it seems like a component of throne of bhaal revisited conflicts with another component of the mod itself (pocket plane component conflicts with saradush sewers component). Does anyone have more info?

2- Is Item Revision worth installing?

Edited by Sergio, 14 May 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#476 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello again, I have issue with nadalin, here: 

http://www.shsforums...ld-ntosc-issue/

Could anyone help me? I was unable to find area wrehe i can easily CLUA.

#477 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Did Nadalin after this conversation should not appear somewhere on the coast near the lighthouse?

#478 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

No, hes not there.

#479 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hey, I've got a question:

1- is there a mod that makes you able to get attributes better than 25? (I'm powergaming)

By the way, there is an issue with the mod "the longer road" by Dorotea. If you solve the deva's quest (and you reach the nimphs' paradise) a visual effect gets attached to your own character and it stays permanently. Just hinting that should be fixed! Up to you on how, because I know nothing of scripting, variables and this stuff.

#480 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hello, I'm using BWS for a customized Big World install, I selected IMproved Ilyich from Tactics and had no warnings about incompatibilities, now I am at the half of the install and read on BWP manual that Improved Ilyich is incompatible with BGT.

Do you know if the incompatibilty has been solved by latest BWS (so it was not signalled) or if it's still there, and if it is game-breaking.

I would like not to have to re-start the installation from the beginning.

Thanks.